• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

DopeyFish

Oct 25, 2017
The city has to plan more roads for that area and more transit. It is already chaos and that is a lot more people.

There's a relief road that runs behind the complex to connect park lawn to the Gardiner

And all the parking spots are connected so cars can exit on any side of the complex

They are projecting a drop in traffic and with the new layout, there will be less jams.

Can't forget the impact of GO station and LRT too

People will say but what about when Gardiner closes... But Lakeshore clogs in new Toronto too when Gardiner closes so it can't be prevented

Lexxism

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
source.gif

Mars89

Banned
Nov 18, 2018
Idk if this the right place to ask, but I'm new to Toronto and am in need of a room to rent. If anyone is interested please PM me!

Apathy

Oct 25, 2017
Seriously, fuck everything about the TTC. Most garbage "service" this city has

They weren't loading commuters at pape. Instead they were supposed to go to the northwest corner of Pape and Danforth, but there were no TTC supervisor or attendants to guide people. Then there we no shuttle buses fast enough so there was just more and more people amassing at that corner to the point it spilled into the street and now there is a congestion because cars and buses can't move.

VmToUOZ_d.jpg

Who thought of this asinine way of dealing with shuttle buses? There was a TTC supervisor blocking the entrance of an empty shuttle bus at the station telling people they need to go to the corner.

Ok power outage may happen, but the moment the TTC knows that they need shuttle buses, every bus coming into the designated drop off station needs to stop where it's going and needs to turn into a shuttle bus to deal with the onslaught of passengers that are going to get off there, specially at rush hour. You can call in for others too but immediate action needs to be taken

Last edited:

Gabbo

Oct 25, 2017
Seriously, fuck everything about the TTC. Most garbage "service" this city has

They weren't loading commuters at pape. Instead they were supposed to go to the northwest corner of Pape and Danforth, but there were no TTC supervisor or attendants to guide people. Then there we no shuttle buses fast enough so there was just more and more people amassing at that corner to the point it spilled into the street and now there is a congestion because cars and buses can't move.

VmToUOZ_d.jpg

Who thought of this asinine way of dealing with shuttle buses? There was a TTC supervisor blocking the entrance of an empty shuttle bus at the station telling people they need to go to the corner.

Ok power outage may happen, but the moment the TTC knows that they need shuttle buses, every bus coming into the designated drop off station needs to stop where it's going and needs to turn into a shuttle bus to deal with the onslaught of passengers that are going to get off there, specially at rush hour. You can call in for others too but immediate action needs to be taken
And on the first snow too, yikes

Prax

Oct 25, 2017
Transit of the Year!!!!

well, i am kindaflabberghasted the rest of north america is so bad if that's the case lol. in general i like the TTC though, especially since i use it mostly during offpeak hours due to working nightshift.

Chouster

Oct 25, 2017
I was driving home the other day and was stuck behind a garbage truck. What happened was pretty unsettling. I was honked incessantly for not passing the garbage truck even though it seemed pretty unsafe. Even the TTC bus driver wouldn't wait. Am I in the wrong here?

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
I was driving home the other day and was stuck behind a garbage truck. What happened was pretty unsettling. I was honked incessantly for not passing the garbage truck even though it seemed pretty unsafe. Even the TTC bus driver wouldn't wait. Am I in the wrong here?

I was wondering if it was the Pape route and then saw the 72 bus. lol

I don't really know the actual rules of the road, but yeah, people just go around the trucks all the time on Pape because of the parked cars. I guess ideally you wouldn't be allowed to park on garbage pickup day, but it just seems like driving into the other lane is the only solution.

Deleted member 25834

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Anything free or cheap to do in the city during Jan/Feb?

We're trying to watch our budget as we've been spending a crazy amount going out to eat and stuff this past year.

Right now I only have the Light Festival at Distillery. Winter is such a bore...

Deleted member 8861

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017

We're trying to watch our budget as we've been spending a crazy amount going out to eat and stuff this past year.

Right now I only have the Light Festival at Distillery. Winter is such a bore...
Cinesphere and The Revue hold showings of older movies throughout the year. I've been going to them a lot.

Prax

Oct 25, 2017
Stay safe all of you weathering a storm soon!
My parents' house, especially roof and the seams on the addition, is probably on the verge of falling apart already and now we might have record-breaking water coming their way.. *laughcry emoji*

enzo_gt

Oct 25, 2017

The Loop Exhibit at York Street Park begins next week.

I don't know if I'd say cheap, but as far as worthwhile discounts go, Winterlicious begins next week, and there are plenty 2-for-1 discounts on select weekends, see: https://www.seetorontonow.com/spotlight/

Prax

Oct 25, 2017
Who got amber alert for Pickering nuclear plant lol?
My brother got it and messaged me with cryptic "scary" but I didn't know what was up because I didn't receive one.

Apprently it was a mistake. Some Homer Simpson must have pushed the big red button by accident.

Oct 27, 2017
Has anyone here ever been to a Raptors game? I'm trying to figure out what the minimum for a good seat would be. Some of the "cheap" seats seem like you'd be watching ants play, but the expensive seats make me want to die.

Oct 25, 2017
Has anyone here ever been to a Raptors game? I'm trying to figure out what the minimum for a good seat would be. Some of the "cheap" seats seem like you'd be watching ants play, but the expensive seats make me want to die.

Just don't get obstructed or standing room, you can see pretty well from the purples

Used to be able to get lower bowl seat upgrades for some games by donating to the MLSE charity, but the team sucked back then

12 dollar ticket + 20 dollar donation = reds or golds lol

lunarworks

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Heads-up for anyone who gets their internet through Beanfield, or has been thinking of it: They've moved all of their customers to a single tier 1 Gbps/$50 plan.

9Cd9VEq.png

My internet is now 30,000x faster than when I got my 33.6 kbps modem in 1996. It's hard to visualize that.

Gabbo

Oct 25, 2017
Heads-up for anyone who gets their internet through Beanfield, or has been thinking of it: They've moved all of their customers to a single tier 1 Gbps/$50 plan.

9Cd9VEq.png

My internet is now 30,000x faster than when I got my 33.6 kbps modem in 1996. It's hard to visualize that.
Holy shit. Man I wish I could get them in my building

Lexxism

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto

9Cd9VEq.png

It's too bad they are only available on pretty much nee condos on the city.

Mhee123

Oct 25, 2017
I know this is extremely early, but I'm going to post this here and on Discord to gauge numbers. Some of us during the last Meetup talked about spicing up the next set of Meetups. One of them was going to Wonderland before the summer and the crowds. I just want numbers so we could maybe do a package deal or something. For now, I just want to know how many people are interested. Please Vote on this strawpoll.

Goda

Oct 26, 2017
Toronto
Well the state of the condo market is becoming grimmer by the day. I get emails for new buildings from my old realtor and he sent me this yesterday.

This is around blue jays way and king street so it's a nice location but the prices are absurd.

$575k for 370sq feet studio
$125k for a parking spot.

SHFbWUy.png

Oct 27, 2017
Well the state of the condo market is becoming grimmer by the day. I get emails for new buildings from my old realtor and he sent me this yesterday.

This is around blue jays way and king street so it's a nice location but the prices are absurd.

$575k for 370sq feet studio
$125k for a parking spot.

SHFbWUy.png
The market is an absolute nightmare, but this seems unusually bad.

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
sigh...

www.thestar.com

Toronto’s medical officer of health asks bars to close, restaurants to do takeout and delivery only

Dr. Eileen de Villa warned closures could be ordered for establishments that defied her recommendation Monday under the Health Protection and Promotion Act.

A sombre de Villa announced the new measures along with news that Toronto has recorded its first "community transmission" — three people with COVID-19 whose infection cannot be traced to recent travel or close contact with somebody who was abroad.

Investigations continue to identify the source of those infections, which signal a new stage in the outbreak.

De Villa's recommendations echoed those made by Ontario's chief medical officer of health, Dr. David Williams, who also recommended daycares close and gatherings be limited to 50 people or less during the COVID-19 pandemic.

Apathy

Oct 25, 2017
So what are the chances the TTC won't charge people on the yearly presto pass right now that everyone is stuck quarantined?

0 or -1%

Apathy

Oct 25, 2017
To be honest I'm thinking they might even increase the fare again lol

So I went and checked for anyone that wanted to know, apparently for the yearly presto card holders, you can cancel by March 22 to not get the April one and the TTC is waiving the cancellation fee (normally the cancellation fee is the difference between the 12 month pass and the normal pass for the time you've been on the plan)

The only issue is that getting back on the 12 month plan might be a bitch

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe I'm naive but I don't mind paying.

There are people who need the service and I'm glad the TTC hasn't completely shut down.