• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Patapuf

Oct 26, 2017
These tournaments are always fun. Though i tend to watch them after the fact rather than live so i can skip some of the in between stuff.

Kaffeemann

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Games Workshop revealed some new Age of Sigmar Slaanesh models a couple of days ago. The new Keeper of Secrets (Greater Daemon of Slaanesh) is one of them and it looks incredible!
AdepticonReveals-Mar27-KoS7jhjgfdbwkdfkf.jpg

Compare that to the old Warhammer model (NSFW):
https://www.games-workshop.com/reso.../920x950/99819915013_KeeperofSecretsNEW02.jpg

I really hope CA uses the new model in Warhammer 3.

Last edited:

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
That is a fantastic design. Only A disciple of Slaanesh could make such an impossible outfit work.

Patapuf

Oct 26, 2017
Will the factions for TW3 be aligned to the 4 chaos gods or will it be different races, like now.

Anno

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, Ohio
Will the factions for TW3 be aligned to the 4 chaos gods or will it be different races, like now.

I think that's a question most people are curious to see answered. It could be just Chaos Demons as a faction with 4 relevant LLs for each god. I'd love to see them do 4 distinct factions that let you pull in Chaos mortals, too, though, and give you both demon and mortal LLs for each.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
I'm curious how much they'll crib from Fall From Heaven II. Expanding on the devastation Chaos corruption brings, and making it this accumulating mapwide effect, would make the actual End Times a lot more apocalyptic. Imagine if there were mapwide order and replenishment penalties, on top of invading armies, for instance.

It'd be cool if they handle the daemon factions like Hyborem in FFH2. 'Cause, in FFH2 you build up this empire for the sole purpose of summoning the Infernals led by Hyborem... and then have the option of switching to his faction--where you can ally or betray your old faction at your leisure. As the Infernals are one of the only factions aided (rather than hindered) by demonic terrain, they gain an immense edge as the world goes to ruin, and are encouraged to push it there.

Man FFH2 is so cool. It was Total Waagh before Total Waagh existed.

Deleted member 1041

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I imagine the next game will have demon-heavy armies and have army-specific chaos aligned to each army, with Archaon being re-tooled into more of a Chaos Undivided faction than it is now.

Patapuf

Oct 26, 2017
I'm doing a Dwarf campaign right now and grudge has to be the most punishing campain mechanic of the non-horde factions.

As soon as you are a little overextended the game punishes you relentlessly for it. The terrain compounds the issue as you can't easily backtrack from a conquest push.

At least you have big diplomacy buffs with humans but mainting good relations with them limits where you can expand.

However battles are easy. Especially against greenskins.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
I'm doing a Dwarf campaign right now and grudge has to be the most punishing campain mechanic of the non-horde factions.

As soon as you are a little overextended the game punishes you relentlessly for it. The terrain compounds the issue as you can't easily backtrack from a conquest push.

At least you have big diplomacy buffs with humans but mainting good relations with them limits where you can expand.

Yeah, grudges are bananas. When I last played Dwarves seriously (back in 1), it got to the point where I just ignored grudges until the tale end of my campaign, where a cleared grudgebook was needed for victory or something. The hassle of clearing it as I went just wasn't worthwhile.

I basically got used to having the worst grudge penalties all the time, IIRC.

Deleted member 1041

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Thats a grudgin'

OP
OP
karnage10

karnage10

Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
Hell yeah, give me that Doomsphere. I guess that basically confirms Ikit Claw, not that I think it was ever going to be anyone else.
From reading wikis my understanding Ikit claw is the leader of the skyre clan as such we can expect
  • him to start in skavenblight in mortal empires
  • skaven gatling gun unit
  • skaven sniper unit
  • one of the new lizardmen LL will be the skink Tehenhauin
Are my points logically "correct" ? I wish I knew someone IRL that taught me warhammer fantasy.

Who would have guessed my favorite faction would be neglected so much! I want some lizardmen news!!!!!!

Anno

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, Ohio
From reading wikis my understanding Ikit claw is the leader of the skyre clan as such we can expect
  • him to start in skavenblight in mortal empires
  • skaven gatling gun unit
  • skaven sniper unit
  • one of the new lizardmen LL will be the skink Tehenhauin
Are my points logically "correct" ? I wish I knew someone IRL that taught me warhammer fantasy.

Who would have guessed my favorite faction would be neglected so much! I want some lizardmen news!!!!!!

Those have all long been the assumptions, yeah. Ikit Claw because there are so many missing iconic Skryre units and Tehenhauin because his city already has a faction capital sized city and he's the natural enemy of Skrolk. So probably expect some Red Crested Skinks and hopefully a Troglodon. I assume there will be some mechanic to represent him being the prophet of the snake god Sotek. In the lore Sotek was invoked by the ritual sacrifice of Skaven, so that'd be cool?

The real question is who the FLC lord will be. I really want to see Nakai the Wanderer so that we get one LL for each of the species. He could be located in the Old World easily enough to help with the faction diversity over there. There is some legend of a long lost spawning pool somewhere on the lands of Bretonia - who are also getting an update - which could be a cool story for him. That's like dream scenario though.

OP
OP
karnage10

karnage10

Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
Those have all long been the assumptions, yeah. Ikit Claw because there are so many missing iconic Skryre units and Tehenhauin because his city already has a faction capital sized city and he's the natural enemy of Skrolk. So probably expect some Red Crested Skinks and hopefully a Troglodon. I assume there will be some mechanic to represent him being the prophet of the snake god Sotek. In the lore Sotek was invoked by the ritual sacrifice of Skaven, so that'd be cool?

The real question is who the FLC lord will be. I really want to see Nakai the Wanderer so that we get one LL for each of the species. He could be located in the Old World easily enough to help with the faction diversity over there. There is some legend of a long lost spawning pool somewhere on the lands of Bretonia - who are also getting an update - which could be a cool story for him. That's like dream scenario though.
Albion was added in the last patch. Could Nakai start there? Having wh2 races starting in the old world is indeed a great idea. My last campaign in the old world playing as vampire counts I still mostly fight wh1 races.

It would be really cool to have 1LL for each species, specially if they make their red line tree specific for that species. For example skink lords boosting skinks high enough that they are a viable army. Right now, IMO, skinks are far too inferior to sauros with no way to make them useful. Skarknik was pretty cool, I hope Tehenhauin will be as well!

Anno

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, Ohio
Albion was added in the last patch. Could Nakai start there? Having wh2 races starting in the old world is indeed a great idea. My last campaign in the old world playing as vampire counts I still mostly fight wh1 races.

It would be really cool to have 1LL for each species, specially if they make their red line tree specific for that species. For example skink lords boosting skinks high enough that they are a viable army. Right now, IMO, skinks are far too inferior to sauros with no way to make them useful. Skarknik was pretty cool, I hope Tehenhauin will be as well!

Yeah I think Albion is the popular bet but who knows.

Red Crested Skinks will give them an actual battle line unit, and I assume Tehenhuain will have Skarsnik-style mega buffs for them, so I'm hopeful.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
Oh, it would be cool if they do some more subfactions like Wurrzag, Skarsnik, and whats-his-face the Dwarf.

OP
OP
karnage10

karnage10

Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
A sumary for those unable to watch a video/ read the posts. DLC releases 17th of april and will add the following new content.

Payed content​
Lizardmen - Cult of Sotek
  • LL - Tehenhauin
  • Lord- Red-Crested Skink Chief
  • Red Crested Skinks
  • Salamander Hunting Pack
  • Ancient Salamander
  • Ripperdactyl Riders
  • Ancient Stegadon (Engine of the Gods)
  • Bastiladon (Ark of Sotek)
Unique mechanic
Prophecy of Sotek - by sacrificing your enemies to sotek, Tehenhauin will gain banners, RoR, followers,etc.

Skaven - Clan Skyre
  • LL- Ikit Claw
  • Lord- Warlock Master
  • Ratling Gun Weapons Team
  • Warplock Jezzails
  • Doom-Flayers
Unique mechanics
Clan Skryre Forbidden Workshop - clan Skryre players can spend resources to upgrade various units such as Doomwheels, Doom-flayers and Weapons Teams with powerful new stat-boosts and attributes
Doomsphere - Only Clan Skryre can build the Doomsphere within their Under-Cities. This immense Warpstone bomb is powerful enough to completely destroy any settlement it is constructed below.
Free content​
Lizardmen
Quest-chain to unlock Lord KROAK. A powerful hero with devastating campaign effects.

Skaven
Under-empire mechanics

Bretonnia (mortal empires only)
A new vow system; a new trident for Alberic, unlimited Green Knight uses , new technologies

Last edited:
OP
OP
karnage10

karnage10

Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
This DLC is so much better then I hoped. Lots of lizardmen units, lots of new mechanics for each faction and Kroak. Kroak caught me really off guard. Having him as a hero will be very interesting, assuming he his similar to mazdamundi in terms of powerful magic.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
This DLC is so much better then I hoped. Lots of lizardmen units, lots of new mechanics for each faction and Kroak. Kroak caught me really off guard. Having him as a hero will be very interesting, assuming he his similar to mazdamundi in terms of powerful magic.
Yup, waaay more than I was expecting, too.

Patapuf

Oct 26, 2017
That's a sweet update.

Honestly i think this is the best CA has ever done in post launch support.

Oct 27, 2017
I didn't even expect them to do such drastic additions like the under-city. Tbh I would rather want them to stop working on DLC for 2 so we can get 3 faster but I guess all that new stuff will still have some mileage when 3 lands.

Anno

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, Ohio
All the Warham stuff must continue to make pretty good bank with how much support and cool stuff it gets compared to how much work all this stuff surely takes.

MetalMagus

Avenger
Oct 16, 2018
Maine
Love the Predator homage in the trailer.

One of the issues that Kroak has is apparently he only has access to 1 spell in the Tabletop. Granted, it's an OP nuke, but that doesn't make for the most interesting lord for your army. I guess in TW he'll work more like a hero version of Queen Bess.

Deleted member 1041

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder who the free LL will be thats shipping with this update. A Lizardmen one so that both Skaven and Lizardmen have 4, maybe?

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
A Lizardman LL makes the most sense. I think everone but them have got one now? (As far as base factions are concerned, anyways)

OP
OP
karnage10

karnage10

Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
Love the Predator homage in the trailer.

One of the issues that Kroak has is apparently he only has access to 1 spell in the Tabletop. Granted, it's an OP nuke, but that doesn't make for the most interesting lord for your army. I guess in TW he'll work more like a hero version of Queen Bess.
Thank you! i did not know that i assumed he was just a "normal" powerful slan.
Now i'm more intrigued now how he will work!
I wonder who the free LL will be thats shipping with this update. A Lizardmen one so that both Skaven and Lizardmen have 4, maybe?
A Lizardman LL makes the most sense. I think everone but them have got one now? (As far as base factions are concerned, anyways)

if you look at the roadmap we are missing a lizardman LL so i think we can assume the next FLC is a lizardman LL.
IMO with both DLC lords starting in lustria, lizardman having 4 species (3 with LL representation) and albion being added in the last patch i think the FLC will be Nakai.
With my limited knowledge from the lore (read from wikis), IMO, with kroak out of the picture Nakai is the one that makes the most sense. All others are "iterations" of previous LL. For example gor-rok would be very similar to Kroq-Gar.
Usually I'd be more inclined with iterations for FLC since it is cheaper for CA however tretch, alith anar and lokhir are, relatively speaking, very different from the other 3LL.Assuming CA continues with the trend I think Nakai is different enough has has enough lore excuses to be chosen and started in albion.

All this lizardman news is so GOOD! I'm conquering the world with my SKINKS!!!

Toño

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Spain
Woah!, so many cool changes and additions. More ratmen and lizardmen are always good news.

A new version of the Pirate Coves is a great idea. I hope they add something like that to the Goblins -or at least to Skarsnik faction-. And about that, any idea about the Empire and Greenskin update?

OP
OP
karnage10

karnage10

Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
Woah!, so many cool changes and additions. More ratmen and lizardmen are always good news.

A new version of the Pirate Coves is a great idea. I hope they add something like that to the Goblins -or at least to Skarsnik faction-. And about that, any idea about the Empire and Greenskin update?

With bretonnia being updated in this DLC; empire and GS will need to wait for the next DLC for a chance.

I'm a bit cautious with the under-empire. Since the skaven will be able to "conquer" the city I wonder if the AI will be able to handle it. Great idea for the player but not sure if it won't be too easy or too hard for the AI to use.

I really want to know the starting positions!

Kaffeemann

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
The Skaven were my least favorite WH2 faction but Ikit Claw, the new units and mechanics look amazing!
I'm actually going to try him first instead of Tehenauin.

OP
OP
karnage10

karnage10

Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
The Skaven were my least favorite WH2 faction but Ikit Claw, the new units and mechanics look amazing!
I'm actually going to try him first instead of Tehenauin.

Skaven for me were also my least favorite when WH2 launched because of their food mechanic. After the rework they are still my least favorite faction because of their "suicide" ability. I get stomachaches whenever i see a group of clan rats blowing up and killing half of my elite unit. every time i play against them I get so paranoid that i keep my units far apart.
DAMN THOSE RATS!

Kaffeemann, while their mechanics may seem alluring don't fall to their trick! We both know your loyalty lies with Sotek, you NEED to play lizardmen first!

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
So are Ikits units really gonna be exclusive to just him?
Hmm
I'm thinking it's part of a Skaven landmark at... Star Tower, I guess.

And I'll speculate that Lizardmen lord seems to start in Western Lustria, from the description. The presumed bonus Lizardmen lord will probably be outside of their home continent somewhere, just as every bonus lord has been.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
Sisters of Avelorn and Handmaids are regular HE units, but Alarielle has boosts for them IIRC.