• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Toño

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Spain
Great news! Also, as they said on the blog update about the Hunter and the Beast anouncement, the next DLC will not had a revamp of a Old World faction (the Greenskins). So maybe the next LL pack will be about the High Elves, Dark Elves or Skaven vs. Vampire Counts or Dwarfs. I'm thinking about Skavens vs. Dwarfs

OP
OP
karnage10

karnage10

Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
Friends now is the time for more OT titles!
My suggestion
Total War WARHAMMER II |OT| The Predator and the Hunter featuring the great white Lizard
Total War WARHAMMER II |OT| The Great white lizard and the 4 Hunters
Total War WARHAMMER II |OT| SUMMON THE ELECTOR COUNTS

Total War WARHAMMER II |OT| Welcome to Lustria battle roayle. Which legend will reach the apex!

so i went to reddit in search of maps found these 2. I'll add them to the OP
What do all of you think?

57Ng8V0.jpg

ewMpuO4.jpg

Anno

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, Ohio
Yeah, I mean this is pretty cut and dry.

Which reminds me, there are so many good response lines in this game. Karl gets so many good ones but most people I play regularly have fun stuff I remember.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
so i went to reddit in search of maps found these 2. I'll add them to the OP
What do all of you think?

57Ng8V0.jpg

ewMpuO4.jpg
If Balthasar Gelt didn't have a goofy faction emblem I think they'd be good.

Like, I'd prefer higher res ones personally, but for the purposes of showcasing starting locations it's perfect (assuming they're accurate).

OP
OP
karnage10

karnage10

Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
Yeah, I mean this is pretty cut and dry.

Which reminds me, there are so many good response lines in this game. Karl gets so many good ones but most people I play regularly have fun stuff I remember.
Warhammer total war has the best voice acting in a total war game and one of the best of all the strategy games i ahve played.
From Settras "I do not serve! I RULE!!!" to Malekith and Gelt amazing voice.

I am actually looking forward to see gelt in the diplomacy screen! "i'm ready! Are you?"
If Balthasar Gelt didn't have a goofy faction emblem I think they'd be good.

Like, I'd prefer higher res ones personally, but for the purposes of showcasing starting locations it's perfect (assuming they're accurate).
I can't find "better" ones that are up to date. I can guarantee the maps not only are they accurate but are also using the latest version. check out all the province changes in the empire.

I wish CA kept a map. it is an easy way to showcase how big the game is. Hell if you don't use resources like my thread or follow CA there is 0 information on how the game has changed from release.

Obviously if you can find a map without the goofy gelt symbol i'd put it in the OT.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
The Skaven voicework is all amazing. I'm continually impressed by how much the actors sell their ratness. Yes-yes.

But really, presentation in TWWH--like overall--is off the charts. It's probably the most shiny strategy game in existence. Not even XCOM 2 can compare.
I can't find "better" ones that are up to date. I can guarantee the maps not only are they accurate but are also using the latest version. check out all the province changes in the empire.

I wish CA kept a map. it is an easy way to showcase how big the game is. Hell if you don't use resources like my thread or follow CA there is 0 information on how the game has changed from release.

Obviously if you can find a map without the goofy gelt symbol i'd put it in the OT.
I don't think Balthasar's faction emblem is out in the wild yet, so probably some time after launch a better version will appear.

Hopefully game 3 will get an interactive faction map or something. It'd be really helpful if you could just link it and let people see everything for themselves.

OP
OP
karnage10

karnage10

Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
The Skaven voicework is all amazing. I'm continually impressed by how much the actors sell their ratness. Yes-yes.

But really, presentation in TWWH--like overall--is off the charts. It's probably the most shiny strategy game in existence. Not even XCOM 2 can compare.

I don't think Balthasar's faction emblem is out in the wild yet, so probably some time after launch a better version will appear.

Hopefully game 3 will get an interactive faction map or something. It'd be really helpful if you could just link it and let people see everything for themselves.
I might be remembering wrong but felt emblem is an yellow sun. It's pretty cool

FatPuppy

Jun 18, 2018
Are there any legendary lords you like to kill during your campaign for the passive they give you?

I usually can't remember what trait they give, but one I do try to get in Mortal Empires is to wait until Vlad has recruited Isabella so I can kill her for the regeneration passive.

OP
OP
karnage10

karnage10

Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
Are there any legendary lords you like to kill during your campaign for the passive they give you?

I usually can't remember what trait they give, but one I do try to get in Mortal Empires is to wait until Vlad has recruited Isabella so I can kill her for the regeneration passive.
while i generally don't go out of my way to hunt LL if there will be a fight I generally try to bring a Lord that will benefit.
From my memory:
  • Helebron, ungrim, queek and kholek - more damage
  • Thorgrim - research speed
  • isabela - regeneration
  • Vlad - makes LL ressurect in 1 turn
BTF the only one I feel it is weird was Cylostra which gives miscast chance. Makes 0 sense IMO.

FatPuppy

Jun 18, 2018
I also know Archaon gives Immune to Psychology, but you pretty much can't get that until the point where it would no longer be useful.

CenturionNami

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
BTW the Elector Count system is super in depth. You can even send reinforcements (that you control) in a battle to an Elector Count whose city is about to be besieged. There's alot of politiking.
CFoD3Ku.png

PbHaMWs.jpg

4CUk6PX.png

2GfKOUB.jpg

1568145677732.jpg

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
I'm glad they figured out a way to give the Empire some serious TLC. This is gonna make Mortal Empires better than ever, especially if the AI can manage to make a huge Empire province that can actually stand up against Chaos for a bit.

Xaszatm

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Dang, now I want the other factions to have something similar, confederation in general needs a huge overhaul since the only way to get LL for some races involves confederating.

OP
OP
karnage10

karnage10

Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
Wow, that really is in depth. I cannot wait. Maybe Ill finally do an Empire playthrough..
Even before the rework the empire had a very cool campaign as as you don't focus on just the empire provinces. To the north you have norsca to the south skarsnik and wood elves. to the west you have allies in the form of bretonia and the high elves, however without help they might not become the powerhouses needed to hold off foreign powers. To the east the vampire counts strengthen their power to claim the empire. to the south east your dwarven friends are surrounded by the green tide, without aid who knows how long they will hold.

Dang, now I want the other factions to have something similar, confederation in general needs a huge overhaul since the only way to get LL for some races involves confederating.
Alongside this i'd really like respec and that if a faction led by LL is destroyed there is a way to recruit that LL.

Wunder

Oct 25, 2017
6.5 GB!

edit: welp, my first attempt at Wulfhart ended poorly <20 turns in. I think I will play a normal Empire campaign with Franz/Gelt and then come back. The Port nerf and Hostility meter makes learning a race on the fly really difficult, and I also don't really know what the new events do. The unique heroes are super cool though.

Last edited:

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
Hmm, think I ran into a pretty severe bug as the Empire. Recruited units (perhaps in a territory that got razed that turn) and had the units recruit, but Karl Franz is now locked in "Encampment" stance permanently.

The Skullsmasherz are causing me such agony.

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
As much as I try, I can't use heroes with ranged attack well. Half the time something prevents them from shooting well.

Anno

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, Ohio
Yeah foot based ranged heroes can get a bit too picky with their attacks against other infantry sized models.

Only got in a handful of turns last night because the kid went to bed late. Everything about the Reikland start feels cool from the get go, though.

Patapuf

Oct 26, 2017
As much as I try, I can't use heroes with ranged attack well. Half the time something prevents them from shooting well.

They need a lot of attention/mobility to work well. Though i mostly use them against large targets/monsters and those aren't as tricky to hit.

A lot of ranged heroes are also pretty good melee fighters though. If for example a Handmaiden can't get a decent firing arc i just send her to club fools.

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
In Ubersreik they have added a special building that is the Vermintide inn. Add a dwarf, an elf, a sorceress, a human captain and a witch hunter to the garrison. It is a cool detail.

affeinvasion

Oct 26, 2017
Trying to finish up my high elves Vortex campaign so I can start a new one with the new DLC, but hot damn those hordes of chaos troops + Skaven that show up during the third or fourth ritual are wrecking my shit.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
I had to bump my Empire campaign down to Hard (from V. Hard). The combination of Empire Secessionists and Skullsmasherz raiding stacks was unmanageable for me. If you don't lock down Helmgart immediately, the greenskins will flood in and raze it every time they pass by, necessitating basically a guarding stack (that you just don't have the money for while fighting to unite Reikland).

The Elector Counts system seems very cool. It makes the Empire feel like a proper empire, and the High Elf-style diplomacy stuff adds a cool new wrinkle to affairs beyond your personal faction. Really makes them feel like a Total Warhammer 2-caliber faction. The push for stability and confederation makes for a fun push-and-pull as you balance your need to grow vs. the risks of overextending.

OP
OP
karnage10

karnage10

Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
Busy with traveling so i won't play much this weekend.
My opinion on nakai campaign mechanics:
- the good
  • Growth is no longer super limiting
  • Extremely easy to create new viable hordes
- the mediocre:
  • Your vassal income helps keep the horde afloat and gives a base to retreat to
  • Global recruitment for others hordes is cool but their buildings still make it far too expensive to be able to create hordes far away from Nakai
  • lack of military acess means you are kidna forced to trespass and be ahted by everyone
  • The diplomacy bonuses in the tech tree don't affect the dwarves which makes going go the old world a worse option sicne you have fewer allies.
-the bad:
  • The economy is screwed up; the loot money is small, there are very few ways to reduce upkeep, vassal income is low. I have the favor to the gods almost all filled out and can afford only 2 armies (taht are mostly comprises of saurus and 3-5 kroxigors)
  • Vassal armies suicide themselves with attrition
  • You can only spawn a vassal army once every 25 turns
  • The enemy Ai will pick a lot of fights with you due to how "weak" your vassal is
  • vassal lack of evolution means he is OP at start but late game his garisson is weak.
  • Its extremely hard to confederate other lizardmen factions because you are "weak"
While nakai is one of the best horde experiences it is still lacking. Kinda disappointed with the campaign in ME.

Battlewise Nakai is literaly an unstopable kiling machine. Perfect vigor, unbreakable, 8000 health , 100 armour, 75 MA, 35MD and a whooping 700 damage with 500 being AP. If the AI applied the right skills his only weakness is ranged weapons or a very prolonged fight. He is devastating

THRILLHO

Nov 6, 2017
i'm really enjoying the Nakai ME campaign. mindless rampage over the Empire hasn't gotten old yet. so much fun to roll around with a half stack of Kroxigors and just laying waste.

what cav units are preferred for lizardmen? The flying units seem weak. Cold Ones?

THRILLHO

Nov 6, 2017
great thanks. I've been messing with different combinations of units and while I love me a classic Kroxigor blitz, the one thing missing is a flanking unit. when Kroxs are your anvil, you barely need a hammer