• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
Ok Grimhammer 2 might still have some balance issues.

As The Barrow Legion I've convinced every single faction I'm friendly with to become my vassal. Somehow.

A1425DA74FDDA949484C5B67E2206CAB8A645294

A few turns later I got all of the Vampire Counts factions, too.

My power rating has been trailing everyone's for the entire game, and I spent most of my turns so far trying to consolidate Bretonnian territory (while making almost no progress due to how many powerful foes are nearby). But, after some trade agreements and alliances, all of the sudden I could start vassalising anyone I was allied with. Clan Skryre is particularly mystifying because they gobbled up a bunch of Empire territory and have a huge power advantage over most factions...

This is the first time I've vassalised anyone else outside of the forced Vassalisation of Norsca as Warriors of Chaos, lol.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
All those mountains are going to be a nightmare to traverse. Chaos will wither from attrition as the Chaos Dwarves, Dwarves, and Greenskins inherit the world.

Anno

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, Ohio
My Manny SFO run has gone downhill in a hurry. The dwarfs have confederated everything near them, and that was after one of the minor dwarf factions almost destroyed the entirety of the Badlands orcs. Vlad was holding strong against three Empire factions and one of the other minor dwarfs but eventually was beaten back to just one city and came to me for confederation. I accepted knowing it was probably a bad idea and immediately went 3000 gold negative a turn, so Vlad was sent out on one last crusade to kill men, take their gold and eventually be wounded so I could save some money. He paid for himself valiantly.

Now it's me and another Von Carstein bloodline lord surrounded on all sides by men, dwarfs and now Beastmen, slowly losing my outlying holdings and being driven back to Templehof/Drakenhof. I just won a huge battle that let me raise a bunch of new graveguard and got Manny's dragon so I'm going to try to go on the offensive as a last ditch effort to get some of these dwarfs to sign peace. The only other thing in my favor is that Durthu for some reason is rampaging across the Empire including two of the electors at war with me.

Good times so far even if I lose, which I suspect I will.

Also holy shit this game is just the best. I can't imagine what the final final product will be. If they improve the strategic level even a little bit how can I possible play any other strategy game again?

Wunder

Oct 25, 2017
picked up the last two lord DLCs I was missing from WH1 and the blood DLC since it was cheap anyway. Only missing Chaos but idk if I'm ever gonna play em and with WH3 coming up I don't know if I should spend for the sake of completion

Joshbob1985

Jan 12, 2018
Does anyone know if the Ancient Salamander buffs other units fire damage? I'm sure I remember that being a thing but can't find anything about it now.

I was thinking of trying to make a fire focused stack lead by a Slann with lore of fire, and filled with Salamanders, Fireleech Terradons, Solar Engines, and Engines of the Gods.

Anno

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, Ohio
Does anyone know if the Ancient Salamander buffs other units fire damage? I'm sure I remember that being a thing but can't find anything about it now.

I was thinking of trying to make a fire focused stack lead by a Slann with lore of fire, and filled with Salamanders, Fireleech Terradons, Solar Engines, and Engines of the Gods.

It applies a debuff on enemies it hits that makes them weaker to further fire damage.

Wunder

Oct 25, 2017
Man I've been hopping from campaign to campaign trying to find something that sticks but I'm just dying early/mid game without ever really finding footing.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
Which was the right choice?
21A607B840BA354A9755AC0FDCB12309A335FFF6

If you thought Metastorm the Corrupted, you picked wrong! He betrayed me, rebelling a mere turn or two later. With, y'know, three fresh Skavenslave units 'cause Skaven rebellions are very cunning like that.

Aside from some very early problems with public order, this game as Clan Mors (In Grimhammer 2) has been going pretty well. Even though I've consolidated all of the provinces on the Southeastern edge of the map, the Dwarves and Khemri have blobbed up real gud such that I've been slowly building up to a grand war against both for like 60 turns. Khemri is on the ropes but annoyingly just out of reach, while the Dwarves have just eradicated the last of the Greenskins on their edge of the map.

So ready or not, the total war has begun. If I can fend off the Dwarven stacks and take Karak Eight Peaks--consolidating there--I think I'll be able to win this one. (The victory conditions in GH2's Mortal Empires are a lot more reasonable than vanilla, I think.)

Oct 27, 2017
I bought all the DLC I was missing (sans the blood one), 50% off all of them was just too good to pass up.

Finished a vortex campaign with Settra. It was slow going at first, what with the lack of income and limited armies, but I eventually controlled the entire desert and the mountain area with the Orcs. Then Kroq-Gar and Tyrion both went aggro on me at the same time and caught me in a pincer attack. Had to sacrifice some of my southern settlements to push all of Tyrion's armies back. Then I took back my settlements and eventually the whole continent, netting me 4/5 books. Then I sent a bunch of armies to Ulthuan to take the White Tower for the last one. Did the last battle with an army of monstrous units.

Classy Tomato

Jun 2, 2019
Finally, I beat the Vortex Campaign for the first time with Tyrion. I didn't really have much difficulty with the campaign, except that it's hard to catch up with the rituals. Both Naggarond and Hexoatl were way ahead of me, so I said fuck it and invaded Lustria and Naggaroth, and abandoned the rituals completely. I decided to attack the south part of Naggaroth first since most of the settlements weren't occupied with Druchii forces, while Avelorn and Nagarythe helped soften up the enemy forces in the north.

After defeating the Dark Elves, Xehoatl almost reached the last ritual (like 5-10 turns away), so I decided to attack them.

And oh boy, regions in Lustria were really rough. There are so many swamps and mountains, so my forces moved pretty slow. But, I still managed to destroyed Hexoatl. And surprise, surprise. The Last Defender continued Hexoatl's rituals! (it's really fitting with their name though) I was flabbergasted with the fact that I need to move my forces from Lustria to The Southlands. Fortunately, the Tomb Kings factions were pretty friendly to me, so I avoided conflict with them. After moving my army to The Southlands, I took The Last Defender's settlements one by one until a pop-up appeared and congratulated me for winning the campaign by achieving the Dominion Victory. I was speechless when I saw the pop-up. I didn't know there's a Dominion Victory in the Vortex campaign and I hadn't taken all The Last Defender's settlements. It's really anti-climactic as the campaign ended with a pop-up and no cinematic scene. Oh well, a win is still a win lol

Anno

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, Ohio
Yeah, "winning" isn't something I've focused on in any way in a very long time. I've found it better to just set a few goals of my own for a campaign and/or just drop it when I want to try something else.

Kaffeemann

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
After moving my army to The Southlands, I took The Last Defender's settlements one by one until a pop-up appeared and congratulated me for winning the campaign by achieving the Dominion Victory. I was speechless when I saw the pop-up. I didn't know there's a Dominion Victory in the Vortex campaign and I hadn't taken all The Last Defender's settlements. It's really anti-climactic as the campaign ended with a pop-up and no cinematic scene. Oh well, a win is still a win lol
That's actually a shame because the final battle in the Vortex Campaign is pretty cool.

captainmal01

Oct 28, 2017
Wait, there's a final battle? I didn't know that, bummer. I think I'm gonna try to finish the Vortex campaign properly later after I finish the Mortal campaign.

A bit late, but you also don't have to worry too much about a faction getting to the final ritual because when that happens your main army will be teleported to a battle with them, along with a few AI factions that will fight on your side. You win the battle, they don't win the campaign.

Wunder

Oct 25, 2017
A bit late, but you also don't have to worry too much about a faction getting to the final ritual because when that happens your main army will be teleported to a battle with them, along with a few AI factions that will fight on your side. You win the battle, they don't win the campaign.

How easy is that final battle to stop them? I was playing Ikit Claw and while I knew about the last chance, I didn't want to risk it in case it was super hard or my main army was caught at half strength/had a bad composition, so I stupidly engaged both Hexoatl and Naggarond in various wars to take over a ritual site using Vermintides and sailing armies half way across the world. It ended up working out but because I was so behind on Rituals I had to stop both their last rituals twice. Are they out of the ritual game if you fend them off, or is it the same as if they'd failed the ritual by taking over one of their sites?

captainmal01

Oct 28, 2017
How easy is that final battle to stop them? I was playing Ikit Claw and while I knew about the last chance, I didn't want to risk it in case it was super hard or my main army was caught at half strength/had a bad composition, so I stupidly engaged both Hexoatl and Naggarond in various wars to take over a ritual site using Vermintides and sailing armies half way across the world. It ended up working out but because I was so behind on Rituals I had to stop both their last rituals twice. Are they out of the ritual game if you fend them off, or is it the same as if they'd failed the ritual by taking over one of their sites?

So it's been a while since I got to the end stage of a vortex campaign. When the AI starts the final ritual you have like 20 turns to prepare yourself, but I can't remember if you are teleported to the battle at the end of the 20 turns or you can decide to fight the battle yourself at any point in that duration.

I've never seen a poor composition army the AI brought, e.g. I went up against a dark elf army made up of Blackguard of Naggarond, dragons, dark shades and cold one dreadknights. The factions you will be fighting with against the initiator aren't full stacks and are honestly pretty crap so they're mostly there as a distraction.

If you win, they're out of the ritual game.

Rosé Fighter

Alt Account
Banned
Aug 23, 2019

They're out of the ritual game if you fend em off. The battle is tough-ish, but having allies makes it a bit easier. Granted its you and two other ais going against a good 2-3 enemy lords iirc

Wunder

Oct 25, 2017
Has anyone had a bug with recruiting Wulfhart's Hunters and receiving Imperial Supplies? Started a new Vortex campaign with Wulfhart after getting smashed the first time and it was going somewhat well in the early turns but I noticed I had recruited the Witch Hunter from Wulfhart's Hunters but I couldn't find a way to recruit him. I then got up to the Condemned hostility but still couldn't receive any Imperial Supplies. I also had two quests to raise my Hostility to Very Hostile and to recruit one of the famous hunters, so I'm not sure if that had anything to do with it.

Patapuf

Oct 26, 2017
Has anyone had a bug with recruiting Wulfhart's Hunters and receiving Imperial Supplies? Started a new Vortex campaign with Wulfhart after getting smashed the first time and it was going somewhat well in the early turns but I noticed I had recruited the Witch Hunter from Wulfhart's Hunters but I couldn't find a way to recruit him. I then got up to the Condemned hostility but still couldn't receive any Imperial Supplies. I also had two quests to raise my Hostility to Very Hostile and to recruit one of the famous hunters, so I'm not sure if that had anything to do with it.

IIRC correctly the Hunters just appeard on the map as heroes, i didn't have to manually recruit them. The supplies worked as intended as well.

OP
OP
karnage10

karnage10

Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
If i remember correctly imperial supplies arrive when the turn number near the skulls reaches 0. you get an event with 4 choices when the number reaches 0.
like patapuf said the heros are automatically recruited. Use the upper right tab to see where the agent is.

I played vortex and everything worked fine. Are you using mods? most of my problems with wh2 are due to mods not working as intended.

Wunder

Oct 25, 2017
If i remember correctly imperial supplies arrive when the turn number near the skulls reaches 0. you get an event with 4 choices when the number reaches 0.
like patapuf said the heros are automatically recruited. Use the upper right tab to see where the agent is.

I played vortex and everything worked fine. Are you using mods? most of my problems with wh2 are due to mods not working as intended.

Yeah I think it's a mod issue, most of them are updated but I will troubleshoot a little or just play without mods for that playthrough I guess

Anno

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, Ohio
That's my hope! They say it'll be awhile, but that's probably about the same time that expansion content for TWW3 will be starting to run thinner anyway. Hopefully they would be okay with CA keeping up with whatever new stuff they introduce.

Wunder

Oct 25, 2017
Has anyone had issues with the sea treasure events lately? My past campaigns havent had any issues but my latest Malekith campaign I haven't even gotten the prompt, I just sail over it and they disappear

edit: ok i just created a new malekith campaign with all my mods disabled and it worked :/

Last edited:

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
Has anyone had issues with the sea treasure events lately? My past campaigns havent had any issues but my latest Malekith campaign I haven't even gotten the prompt, I just sail over it and they disappear

edit: ok i just created a new malekith campaign with all my mods disabled and it worked :/
They also don't trigger if you're in sea march stance (since you can't initiate a battle) and move over them, FYI.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
CA posted an interview with Baj Singh--the lead character artist of Total Warhammer II--specifically about the original design, Necrofex Colossus:

Really interesting since it's about a unit and faction that are both unique to Total Warhammer II, with little or no pre-established restrictions. IMO that DLC is Total Warhammer's best because of this--CA's work with Total WAAAGH has only gotten better as they've gone along.

Interview ends with this so get hyped:
CA: Thank you for your time! Any parting words?

Baj Singh:
We have a ton of new works in the pipeline so look forward to seeing more awesome art from the team!
1fzjQ64.gif

Wunder

Oct 25, 2017
I'm so excitedddd

Been trying to hold off starting a new campaign by playing other games but I need my Warhammer fix!

Umbrella Carp

Banned
Jan 16, 2019