• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Luxorek

Oct 25, 2017
Poland
As many of you know John Bain, better known as Totalbiscuit, a YouTube personality and content creator, has been diagnosed with colon cancer in 2014. He had the cancerous tumour removed, but in October 2015 he announced that that the cancer had spread to his liver and was unoperable. In other words, terminal.

This is a short 20 min snippet from a much longer h3h3 (2h+) podcast interview. I advise every person to watch this video NO MATTER your personal opinion of Total Biscuit or Ethan. Seriously, do yourself that favour. It is extremely well done.

Get yourself checked peeps if there any signs that you might be ill. Early diagnosis can make all the difference. As always, fuck cancer.

MattB

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'll give it a listen later. I honestly didn't want to because it's h3h3 but that clip actually looks useful.

laoni

Oct 25, 2017
I'll watch this when I get home. Recently beat back Stage 3 (and then stage 4) cancer and got my all clear a month ago, so, I feel like I'm going to understand TB here.

Thanks for posting

Kindekuma

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I watched that video a couple days ago, and really a lot of points he mentions were the same thoughts I had when I underwent treatment for my cancer.

Chemo is absolutely no joke. While I'm more fortunate to have caught mine early on and treat it, TB lives an uphill battle for the rest of his life. I can't imagine chemo for the rest of your life, several cycles was enough for me for a lifetime.

Keep at it TB! His Port Reports are among my favorites of his videos.

Lost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I heard him talking about this live, and I was glued to the screen.

It really sounds awful; something I wish no one would ever have to go through with.

Heckler456

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
If I remember correctly, he literally suffered from anal bleeding for like a year before getting checked, right?

Stuff like this scares the hell out of me. It's pure luck, and you never really know when it'll hit you. And the scariest part is that it isn't always obvious until it's too late. I do get my blood checked every year though, but that's probably not enough either.

Nbz

Oct 26, 2017
UK
His attitude towards Cancer and beating it is nothing short of inspiring. Good on him for having that drive to beat this thing

diablos991

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Some of his statements sound truly horrifying and I've never considered them before. For example: knowing something is inside you killing you but you cannot feel it.

I hope he sees success in his fight.

DanTheMan

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I didn't watch the whole video, but good on TB for being a fighter and a model

As someone who recently has gone through cancer, all I have to say is #FuckYou

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
Very informative though will have to finish later when my boss is not hovering.

Did the cancer change his voice? Haven't heard his voice since Blu Plz and sounds vastly different.

Deleted member 2595

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
His opinions and history aside, good on him for this. Really enlightening video and really important to talk about this stuff.

Monis

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
As folks have said, this is just completely inspiring. What really gets me is his comment on living with chemo. Getting 10 good days then 4 bad days, that's still 10 good days.

Arkanius

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I didn't know that his cancer right now was terminal...
Fuck man... No one deserves this

Oct 25, 2017
UK NW
This is really inspiring to anyone who suffers from it or just for awareness of the condition.
It was his VLOG originally years ago which made me get checked out and go through the procedure to be diagnosed with the lowest form of IBD, that being proctitis.
I will be eternally grateful to him for me catching that early before it became much more serious.

Oct 25, 2017
TB earned my respect through the StarCraft world, against low initial expectations, and I'll always have kind things to say about him, no caveats and inclusive of politics. He and Genna built a lot for that community long after it was the fashionable or trendy thing to do, whereas any other media figure with their fingers in every pie, incredibly prolific content output, and a serious medical condition all at once would have moved on elsewhere. He's a hell of a fighter and had every reason to expect, from doctor's advice and actuarial odds, that he wouldn't still be with us today. And he's brought a ton of visibility to living with cancer that would ordinarily not be on the minds of his audience's core demographics at all.

Nacho

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Man, I'm gonna have to watch this later, but can't now because I can't bawl at work. My mom died in december after a long battle w breast cancer, once it hit stage 4 outta nowhere she was gone within the year. Still raw.

Fuck cancer.

kmax

Oct 25, 2017
My best friend lost his father to it. It's just an awful disease.

Fuck cancer.

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto, Canada
So inspiring. Kind of puts you in check too. Sometimes I think I have "bad days" and feel down, but nothing I ever go through on my day to day life comes close to his situation. My thoughts go to him. I don't really follow his work but as a fellow human being, I wish him the best.

sephi22

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'll give it a listen later. I honestly didn't want to because it's h3h3 but that clip actually looks useful.
Let's not do this. People expressed they don't like h3h3 or TB in the previous forum and you don't need to express that again here, in a thread about cancer.

Rawky

Oct 26, 2017
I've seen what cancer and chemo does to several people I've known in my life, and as others can tell you, it ain't pretty.
Many props to TB for staying as strong and optimistic as he has been.

DeusOcha

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Osaka, Japan
Really touching video if somewhat inspirational for me though I'm fortunate not to have been diagnosed with cancer.

Bias aside whether or not you agree or disagree with TB the dude's story here is something everyone should watch. Now with bias back in, while I never 100% agree with TB I do side him on most issues. His passion and dedication in covering the gaming industry is something I feel is unique to him and him alone. Though granted I don't know many other longtime British journalists on YouTube with an enjoyable amount of snark.

Edit: And I still remember 2 years ago when TB announced he had 2 years to live according to his doctors. So glad he beat the odds and hoping he continues to beat them for many years.

Pensanden

Oct 25, 2017
Fuck Cancer.
Hopefully he'll be around for a long time bitching about 30FPS games and option menus.

Oct 24, 2017
Whether you disagree with some of his statements or not, TB has always had my respect for standing up for the consumer. Fuck cancer. Kick it's ass harder than Bulletstorm: G2A Shill Edition, John.

Oct 26, 2017
I can't imagine having such a conversation with my sister. I can't even start talking about this without starting bawling. It's a strenght i don't have.

FroMonk

Oct 25, 2017
I just got done with a particularly bad bit of diverticulitis, my third round with it, and it left me with two major surgeries, an incision almost a foot long, and a colostomy bag that I'll have for the next three or four months, before I go back under the knife to get it reversed. The thing that's kept me going is knowing there's a light at the end of the tunnel with this, and the fact that a year from now this will just be a painful memory. The terminal aspect of TB's cancer ... I don't think I would have had the willpower to fight like he has, and I would have given up and been long gone. I cannot give him enough props for fighting it every day like he does.

Yoshichan

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
I don't like this guy's content anymore (loved it back in the WoW: Cataclysm-days)... but this is a really interesting watch. Thanks for the link.