• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

louisacommie

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
They are just jealous because you have to beat up atleast one nazi to get invited to the antifa orgy ritual that gives you the superhuman powers.

Abstrusity

Oct 27, 2017
Never believe they are completely unaware of the absurdity of their statements.
I would be inclined to agree, except there is clearly disconnect from the more psycho people, the brainwashed, and the psycho AND brainwashed, all separate from the disparate factions that are "the Right," and it's abundantly clear that no, some people just aren't aware of the absurdity of their statements.

I'm not talking about the purposeful ones, the real dirtbags who leverage this into votes and money and power.

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
In the weak and the wounded
I would be inclined to agree, except there is clearly disconnect from the more psycho people, the brainwashed, and the psycho AND brainwashed, all separate from the disparate factions that are "the Right," and it's abundantly clear that no, some people just aren't aware of the absurdity of their statements.

I'm not talking about the purposeful ones, the real dirtbags who leverage this into votes and money and power.

Never believe that anti-Semites are completely unaware of the absurdity of their replies. They know that their remarks are frivolous, open to challenge. But they are amusing themselves, for it is their adversary who is obliged to use words responsibly, since he believes in words. The anti-Semites have the right to play.

They even like to play with discourse for, by giving ridiculous reasons, they discredit the seriousness of their interlocutors. They delight in acting in bad faith, since they seek not to persuade by sound argument but to intimidate and disconcert. If you press them too closely, they will abruptly fall silent, loftily indicating by some phrase that the time for argument is past.

Jean-Paul Sartre 1944

it's precisely the line between literalness and fabulation that facism tries to erase.

Carfo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Antifa aren't the good guys...we've all seen them brandish the hammer and sickle--a symbol under which more people died than the nazi flag. Just because they punch nazis (always love to see a nazi get punched), doesn't make them our heroes. They aren't going to enact Sharia law or anything but I still wouldn't put my faith in them that they're going to do the right thing

Abstrusity

Oct 27, 2017
it's precisely the line between literalness and fabulation that facism tries to erase.
I know the quote, yes.

It occurs to me that my original wording is vague at best. I don't want to "save" the people pushing this nonsense, but the people who readily fall for it.

If you truly believe there is no distinction, well, I can't agree.

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
In the weak and the wounded
I know the quote, yes.

It occurs to me that my original wording is vague at best. I don't want to "save" the people pushing this nonsense, but the people who readily fall for it.

If you truly believe there is no distinction, well, I can't agree.

Well then you are more tolerant than I...

I don't believe they 'fall' for it. They believe it, it makes it easy for them, comfortable, low risk nazis, if the nazis win, yay. If not, they can just slink back to where they were before, until next time. At the very least, they are okay with siding with Fascists to get what they want. I make no distinction.

Etain

Oct 25, 2017
Fake News

The reality is we're summoning the Eldrich Gods on November 4th to devour the souls of all facists. Also, a party.
Wait, I thought we were devouring umbilical cords of the Eldritch Gods to fight fascists! I was completely confused! What's going to happen to me now?

Oct 25, 2017
Shoot it was November 4th? I was told December. Sigh. Where can I find a effective beheading tool on such short notice.

They do beat people up quite regularly so the fear is justified.

Haha, what? Even if this were accurate - which is not - beating some Nazis up is far from beheading white people. To say 'the fear is justified' is absolutely insane.

Pbae

Oct 26, 2017
Wait, so we can get that super soldier serum if we join ANTIFA?!

FUCK YEAH!

UCBooties

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Pennsylvania, USA
I love the reference to "communist militias"...

Guys, could you project a little harder please? The more worked up they get about leftists coming to kill them, the more you know they fantasize about killing or committing other violence against their own political opponents.

jerd

Oct 26, 2017
90% chance someone I work with says to me "hey did you hear about..." and paraphrases this whole article

Abstrusity

Oct 27, 2017
Well then you are more tolerant than I...

I don't believe they 'fall' for it. They believe it, it makes it easy for them, comfortable, low risk nazis, if the nazis win, yay. If not, they can just slink back to where they were before, until next time. At the very least, they are okay with siding with Fascists to get what they want. I make no distinction.
The wafflers will exist no matter what we talk about, no matter where we are, and no matter how much time has passed.

The objective here is not to be tolerant toward those views but to destroy those views and substitute them outright. People will believe what they believe, and require deprogramming to shuffle off of that belief system. This has worked plenty.

But at the same time, there are plenty of people not worth saving, and plenty of people who cannot be saved. They may look like a monolithic group from multiple angles but they are not. Some are mistaken, some miss the subtext, some didn't and threw their hat in with Nazis because it would get them what they want, some learned only afterward that they made the wrong decision. All are monsters in the fact that all men are monsters. But some of those monsters simply don't know better. Some of them really are just Lennies.

BoosterDuck

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
what the hell? Guys give me super soldier syrum so I can fight Hydra and Hate-Monger

Last edited:
Oct 31, 2017
So they are worried terror-Billy is coming for them?

awxp4g200790.jpg

Taurus Silver

Big ol' Nerd
Oct 29, 2017
In my sick bizarre twisted mind, Antifa is a peaceful group devoted to making sure fascists don't take over democracies. Silly me.

Keyframe

Oct 29, 2017
Was really hoping we would have less threads like this over here. Looks like the neverending cycle of negativity is in full effect again.