• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

MinusTydus

The Fallen
Jul 28, 2018
Bonus points if you guessed it was Florida before clicking on the thread!

www.tmz.com

Florida Megachurch Packed with Worshipers During Coronavirus Pandemic

This is the clear and present danger ... people continuing to congregate -- squeezing into close quarters like sardines -- and that's exactly what happened Sunday at a Florida Church.
nypost.com

Evangelical pastor mocks ‘pansies,’ won’t close church for coronavirus

Evangelical pastor Rodney Howard-Browne mocked “pansies” who are scared of the coronavirus — as he insisted his packed church will only shut its doors “when the Rapture is t…

This is the clear and present danger ... people continuing to congregate -- squeezing into close quarters like sardines -- and that's exactly what happened Sunday at a Florida Church.

The River Church in Tampa was packed to the gills with worshipers who clearly were looking for hope. Pastor Rodney Howard-Browne, who presides over the megachurch and has been reportedly defiant over social distancing, has claimed he'll cure coronavirus just the way he did with Zika.

He has vowed he will never close his church ... despite every doctor and scientist saying social distancing is the only thing that will prevent the disease from spreading even more.

The Pastor boasted his place was white-glove clean, saying, "We brought in 13 machines that basically kill every virus in the place, and uh, if somebody walks through the door it's like, it kills everything on them. If they sneeze, it shoots it down at like 100 mph. It'll neutralize it in split seconds. We have the most sterile building in, I don't know, all of America."

Howard-Browne said on March 17, "We are not stopping anything. I've got news for you, this church will never close. The only time the church will close is when the Rapture is taking place."

"If you cannot be saved in church, you in serious trouble," Pastor Rodney Howard-Browne told Florida's River Tampa Bay Church, as he encouraged congregants to hug in defiance of health warnings.

"This Bible school is open because we're raising up revivalists, not pansies."

"If you don't believe God, and trust God, you will not make it in the days coming," he said, adding he would continue to "lay hands" on fellow believers.

5463129504_f740eb9c5e_b.jpg

"God will protect our people," he said. "And if you die to be with Jesus, so what's the problem?"

If Pastor Howard-Browne sounds familiar to you, you may be remembering when he posted these signs at every entrance to his church:

revival-ministries-welcome-to-the-river-at-tampa-bay-church-right-29002610.png

More at the link.

Pray the Coronavirus away, if old.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
When the switch flips in Florida it's going to be awful on a level that makes NY seem small. Especially with its aging population.

LFMartins86

Nov 7, 2017
Don't give a bed in ICU's for any of those people if they get infected, just tell them that God will take care of them.

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
TMZ just ran that claim about him curing Zika without comment.
Damn, they're a joke.

NTGYK

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Are there any projections for Florida yet?

Oct 27, 2017
These people are going to be the death of us all.

Tampa too, huh? The fitting end to this would be to lock them all in there together for 14 days and see who comes out the other end

LakeEarth

Oct 27, 2017
Ontario
You'd think that once that one coronavirus-denying preacher died, they'd take it as a sign from God to cut the shit, but I guess these people aren't religious or anything.

Kensation

Enlightened
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
If you cannot be saved in church, you in serious trouble,"
-Person In Serious Trouble

Jag

Oct 26, 2017
I don't understand the mentality of people who go to megachurches and i never will.

Absoludacrous

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Tampa is in a weird spot where it has enough cases to set off early warning signs, but not nearly as many as Miami so there's still room for this kind of insanity.

Croc Man

Oct 27, 2017
Ugh we just had this in S.Korea. Oh who am I kidding, he won't give a crap what happens outside his city let alone elsewhere in the world.

SneakyBadger

Oct 26, 2017
It says megachurch, but in the pictures of this place it doesn't look like it holds more than a couple hundred people. Still a terrible situation but I thought this was gonna be one of those stadium churches

Joncarr0409

Mar 17, 2020
My mother is a Jehovah Witness and im glad her religious group has the common sense to stay at home and use Zoom for meetings.

Link

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I can't decide if conservatism is more a disease or a cult at this point.

BobLablow

Apr 18, 2018
Just like Trump needs his rallies for the attention and adulation of his cult, so do pastors.

Deleted member 11046

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Florida will not be Florida after this. Trumpism is a virus that's reached its final stage before killing its host.

Deleted member 5359

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If they want to be together, then fine. But then they have to all be quarantined in the building together for a month, nobody allowed to leave. They can have supplies shipped in. But the entrances and exits will be monitored at their expense. By off duty cops.

Either that or the church is closed and they can gather online.

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
Legit question for American peeps : why are such wackos allowed to be pastors? Why aren't qualified/sane people in charge?