• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
Evilisk

Evilisk

Oct 25, 2017
Touhou era!~

Ive nursed a vague interest in touhou since uh. 8 or 9 years ago? But I never made the jump to really looking into the series or trying to play one of the games, always assuming the stg gameplay wasn't for me.

I'm playing Embodiment of Scarlet Devil and it's really fun! I'm on Easy and as it's my first Danmaku I'm having a healthy bit of struggle. I'm mostly stuck on consistently clearing Cirno's first Spell Card, the icicle one. I downloaded the Touhou Community Remapper ahk tool so that I can use focus with Lctrl instead of Lshift, and that helped. I also used my first Bomb on the second part of it and cleared it without dying for the first time. Now the furthest I've reached is Hong Meiling's last phase. Well, what I think is her last phase.

I downloaded a fangame that's intended as a teaching tool for beginners called Moedan. I don't really like the music or the super bright colors much so far, but playing as Flandre is cute.

I just started reading Forbidden Scrollery. Is that a good manga to start with or is there another ZUN work I should read first?

I also downloaded Fantasy Maiden Wars Scarlet, a Super Robot Wars inspired fangame. And Mystical Chain, The Genius of Seppheiros, Genso Wanderer Reloaded, and Labyrinth 2 plus. I added Luna Nights(!), Scarlet Curiosity, Tempest of Heavens and Earth, and Antinomy of Common Flowers to steam wishlist to watch for sales.

I'm trying to do Era's 52 games challenge, and now it looks like I might cram some Touhou for it!

It's cool to hear you're making the jump into this series!

If you have the time, I'd recommend reading this for some playing tips (it's not specifically for EoSD, but what's there still applies).

On what manga to start with: that's kind of a hard question. IMO, ZUN's never really made a really good, clear, introductory manga for Touhou. I think this is mostly down to ZUN just always assuming you know the setting if you're reading a Touhou manga, though I think Forbidden Scrollery might be the closest to one. The MC is a human bystander whose supernatural powers awakened before the start of the series, and they basically learn things alongside the reader.

As English readers not familiar with Touhou that reviewed FS didn't seem to get the setting, and the series still starts with a lot of assumptions being made (i.e. you should know Touhou is set in a sealed region of modern Japan, and the "Outside World" that the MC gets her books from is the modern world) it's clearly not the perfect introduction. But I think it's closer than any other manga series and FS is a pretty good read anyway, so yeah I would personally suggest continuing on. (Not sure if anyone else feels this way, it would be good to hear other folks opinions on this)

i still haven't caught up on WaHH, asdf.

More music is coming to Google Play & iTunes on the 16th. 4641 new songs in total. List of circles with new music.
Credit to N-Forza on MotK.

4 thousand songs? That's craazy. Good to hear that the selection is getting bigger regardless

OP
OP
Evilisk

Evilisk

Oct 25, 2017
I've cleared Reimu and Marisa in HSoB so far. While I usually don't pay attention to it in the main games, some of the smack talk in this game has been brutal and hilarious to watch (mostly in Reimu's route).
Cdkzuca.png

TGGzGXO.png

8GpFbdw.png

There's also been some cool fanservice here and there (mostly with the endings). There was also this moment which made me chuckle:

nJTlsjy.png

Having played Reimu as well, it seems every character gets a moment like this. I'm curious to see what Sakuya and Kaguya get

OP
OP
Evilisk

Evilisk

Oct 25, 2017
If Legacy of Lunatic Kingdom wasn't also releasing, I would have definitely been suspicious at that April 1 release date lol

If I'm not mistaken, it seems like ZUN's working backwards (we've gotten TH16.5 and TH16 so far, and this is TH15 and TH14.3). I kinda don't mind this approach because starting from TH6 would cause the classic games to overshadow the later games, though it's gonna suck waiting for MOF and IN. At least TD won't be too long a wait.

GreenLiquid

Nov 5, 2017
I was checking out the new Touhou turnes on Google Play (and wow, there's a ton) and thought you all might get a kick out of this:
C71EaaP.jpg

A-One's albums were uploaded under the artist page of a Hong Kong artist by the same name. I'm not entirely sure how that happens without the artist's say-so (or what upload process led to this) but here we are.
Also hi

SiG

Oct 25, 2017
Can somebody tell me the origin of Night of Nights and why is it considered a "meme song"?

Ashgar

Oct 28, 2017
Night of Nights started as Sakuya's theme from Phantasmagoria of Flower View (as Flowering Nights):

I think the first version to use the Night of Nights name was the Cool & Create remix of said theme, and that version got memed up on Synthesia in the same style as UN Owen Was Her. Incidentally the meme version of that song is also based on the Cool & Create remix.

Haganeren

Oct 28, 2017
Touhou era!~

Ive nursed a vague interest in touhou since uh. 8 or 9 years ago? But I never made the jump to really looking into the series or trying to play one of the games, always assuming the stg gameplay wasn't for me.

I'm playing Embodiment of Scarlet Devil and it's really fun! I'm on Easy and as it's my first Danmaku I'm having a healthy bit of struggle. I'm mostly stuck on consistently clearing Cirno's first Spell Card, the icicle one. I downloaded the Touhou Community Remapper ahk tool so that I can use focus with Lctrl instead of Lshift, and that helped. I also used my first Bomb on the second part of it and cleared it without dying for the first time. Now the furthest I've reached is Hong Meiling's last phase. Well, what I think is her last phase.

To be honest, when you start playing those game for the first time. I always recommand to use your bombs as much as possibleL
Be able to tell when something is too much for you and use the bomb at the right moment is also a much needed skill. ( You have a practice mode in order to practice the later stage if you want.. but first to unlock them, spam the bomb ! ) Say to yourself that if you die will still having bombs you "lost" or something.

Touhou 6 may be a little rough around the edges too, don't hesitate to play.. I don't know, Mountain of Faith or something.

I just started reading Forbidden Scrollery. Is that a good manga to start with or is there another ZUN work I should read first?

It's one of my favorites !
I also very much like Silent Sinner in Blue but this one is cool to play with Touhou 8 in mind in my opinion.

Can somebody tell me the origin of Night of Nights and why is it considered a "meme song"?

You already have the origin song but as far as i'm concerned everybody know this remix thanks to this parody :

( with some of the original japanese having 7 millions view : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLAQm2OcC-4 )

Last edited:
OP
OP
Evilisk

Evilisk

Oct 25, 2017
Just finished up with Kaguya and Sakuya in Hollow Song of Birds

I'm not really a fan of Kaguya or Sakuya but I played through as them anyway to see their endings (and also to have more choices for when the Extra Boss is patched in)

Not much to say with Sakuya, I find her to be really overrated (along with the rest of TH6's characters). Her route was surprisingly serious... it was still really silly, but it's by far the most "serious" route. I used the Purple shottype for her which felt like a weird combo of Yukari-Reimu in SA with one of Sakuya's shottypes from PCB.

5MfUBb0.png\

Kaguya's route is the silliest by far.

IYCeCep.png

There are just too many funny moments to post. Her meeting with General Set is probably the most ridiculous. I didn't really like Kaguya in terms of gameplay though. She's just IN Yuyuko (i.e. she has a huge spread of bullets) and some bosses ended up taking forever to die because of that (though others died really, really fast because I went with the Red version of her shot).

ibyea

Oct 25, 2017
I played up until the second boss of Luna Nights. The time manipulation mechanics is great. It makes an otherwise okay level design be really fun to navigate. Plus the graze mechanic keeps you on your toes. The boss battles are the most enjoyable part of the game so far, since they have some pretty fun patterns to deal with, even if they are pretty basic. Also, game has really good sprite work.

I just wish all the fan games would just get over SDM characters.

OP
OP
Evilisk

Evilisk

Oct 25, 2017
I think I'm done with HSoB for now. I was planning to complete all the characters 1 more time, but on Normal, since Easy mode seemed to run decently well on my laptop some of the time. It ended up running worse, presumably because of the denser spellcards / larger volume of bullets.

mCe2xGZ.png

(Look specifically at the FPS in this shot)

Anyway, I really enjoyed my time with the game. Performance issues aside, the game has some really inventive spellcards and gimmicks in the later stages that are worth experiencing at least once. I also personally think the music and characters in this game are seriously on point. Like I think a few of the characters are so good and could fit so easily into the canon setting that I'm actually disappointed that they'll never be official characters.

Siran's probably my straight up favorite character.

MmHzNph.jpg

Because of her shady personality, her prayer beads (which look really cool during battle) and her theme (which is super underrated. Bonus piano arrangement here.) After her, I really like Hikariko (because of that relatability, aesthetic and theme) and General Set (because Egyptian Touhous are an awesome idea, and Set has an awesome fight and acts like a supervillain), though I honestly find the whole cast to be pretty good (and not just "good compared to other fan made characters" either).

Anyway yeah, HSoB is really solid and I think the fact that it's a free Danmakufu script means there's no real reason not to check it out imo. I'm definitely looking forward to the Extra Boss, even though I probably won't be able to beat them.

OP
OP
Evilisk

Evilisk

Oct 25, 2017
Seems like the new official book is confirmed to release later this month.

Also, here's a cool medley of various fan made themes. I don't recognize all the themes, but I have recognized some tracks from Concealed the Conclusion, Marine Benefit and Mystical Power Plant:

Man, I think ISC was the first Touhou game I actually ever completed

I should buy and replay it at some point

OP
OP
Evilisk

Evilisk

Oct 25, 2017
After struggling for the past week to get past Yukari on Labyrinth of Touhou, I finally beat her

As for the strategy I used to beat her, I did have this strategy planned out to deal with all three stages of her long and gruelling fight but...

TOKToqR.png

(Look at that MAG stat)

I ended up going with the less than graceful strategy of "dump ALL the skill points I'd forgotten about into Marisa's MAG stat, buff up her MAG as high as possible with items, buff her MAG even further with Ran buffs, and then Master Spark Yukari until she's dead". Each Master Spark did more than 100K damage per shot and aside from focusing on debuffs and surviving the SP drains, this fight ended up being a cakewalk. It worked so damn well that I lost only 1 character (Suika), and it's the only boss so far where I can say I've lost *only* 1 character.

Here's some before and after screen shots to illustrate how many skill points I had left over.

BEFORE:

ywZU51C.png

AFTER:

7Zg4nhX.png

I'd say I feel bad about cheesing this encounter but... I don't. Trying to do Yukari legit was driving me insane tbh. Like with the Eientei fight, the biggest issue is that the fight isn't consistent. She has the tools to decimate your party no matter what the setup, and if she feels like using the right / wrong attacks, then you can't really do anything. I'd actually spent the last week just grinding out levels since I couldn't even get past phase 1 consistently.

At least l feel kinda vindicated for clearing this with Marisa, as the TH Wiki's section on this boss is all like "don't use Marisa" lol

Anyway, on to the rest of the game.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Evilisk

Evilisk

Oct 25, 2017
Atom Heart Mother already made a thread in the main forum, but:

e0088742_13273355.png

Touhou 17's been announced (with the English subtitle of Wily Beast and Weakest Creature).

The few new screenshots have shown playable Youmu as well as some new sub-system (that looks UFO-esque, just at a glance)

e0088742_13281105.png

e0088742_13275914.png

EDIT:
MotK has a translation of the announcement page. It mentions the general plot / theme of the game (it's centered around Hell and animal spirits). It also seemingly confirms Reimu, Marisa and Youmu as the only playable characters. Trial on May 5,

Last edited:

ibyea

Oct 25, 2017
Man, nowadays, ZUN art is actually nice to look at. It helps that he's learned proper proportions and shading. Also, that title card is quirky and really nice.

Last edited:

Dlent

Nov 2, 2017
I was just thinking this past week about how we were about due for a new game, and that Youmu isn't actually playable very often. On the other hand, this game takes place in hell, so I feel like Orin or Clownpiece should have gotten a shot.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Evilisk

Evilisk

Oct 25, 2017
The new Wild and Horned Hermit chapter is out
I definitely wasn't expecting Kasen and her Arm to do a Fusion Dance so that they can beat up Reimu lmao.

I do feel the need to say though, that "True" Kasen's design is kinda bland. Even though they aren't identical, at first glance she really looks like "Suika, but Taller".

Arm-Kasen still remains the best Kasen design imo.

Anyway, this all feels like we're hitting the endgame for WaHH and tbh I really hope it isn't (I need more chapters of WaHH Tenshi)

I was just thinking this past week about how we were about due for a new game, and that Youmu isn't actually playable very often. On the other hand, this game takes place in hell, so I feel like Orin or Clownpiece should have gotten a shot.

Orin (and also Shou) still getting shafted for playable appearances always amuses me tbh. Pic related:

Dlent

Nov 2, 2017
This isn't what I expected to happen, if only because, Touhou characters almost never actually change or develop. Kosuzu had a little, similarly, at the end of FS, but this seems like a much more dramatic change. Unlike with Kosuzu, this seems like it could permanently change Kasen's relationship to the rest of the cast. I'm very interested to see if it actually turns out this way, because it would be a first for Touhou.

OP
OP
Evilisk

Evilisk

Oct 25, 2017
This isn't what I expected to happen, if only because, Touhou characters almost never actually change or develop. Kosuzu had a little, similarly, at the end of FS, but this seems like a much more dramatic change. Unlike with Kosuzu, this seems like it could permanently change Kasen's relationship to the rest of the cast. I'm very interested to see if it actually turns out this way, because it would be a first for Touhou.

It would definitely be interesting if this change is permanent... I'm personally not expecting a change to happen though. ZUN is a stickler for the status quo. ZUN also doesn't think like a conventional writer at all and it wouldn't be the first time fans ended up misreading his authorial intent (if the endings of FS and SSiB are indicators of anything)

Also, I kinda don't want Reimu and Kasen's relationship to change tbh. I've been enjoying Kasen slowly turning into Reimu's sometimes-chastising-mentor, sometimes-surrogate-mom through the run of WaHH. I'd be a bit sad if that dynamic was lost

shockdude

Oct 26, 2017
Oh man I've missed a lot these past few days. Going back to Hell in Touhou 17, nice.

Someone remind me to catch up on WaHH this weekend.

CRQ

Oct 25, 2017
I like Youmu so this is welcome to see.

I like ZUN's recent art, he's actually drawing decent looking art now lol. Just how big can Reimu's gohei get though?

shockdude

Oct 26, 2017
I caught up on WaHH. Lots of interesting stuff has happened, which is pretty cool.
Touhou characters are OP.

OP
OP
Evilisk

Evilisk

Oct 25, 2017
I just got my first ever 1cc but it's Imperishable Night on Easy lmfao

Congrats I guess lol

I think Imperishable Night was also my very first (Easy) 1cc. I think it was because I wanted to practice the Stage 6A and 6B, and at the time I couldn't get to either on Normal difficulty so I settled for practicing on the Easy versions

Which characters/team did you use?

Deleted member 8861

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Congrats I guess lol

I think Imperishable Night was also my very first (Easy) 1cc. I think it was because I wanted to practice the Stage 6A and 6B, and at the time I couldn't get to either on Normal difficulty so I settled for practicing on the Easy versions

Which characters/team did you use?
Aria of Forbidden Magic. Marisa's automatic item pickup perk is too good.

OP
OP
Evilisk

Evilisk

Oct 25, 2017
Aria of Forbidden Magic. Marisa's automatic item pickup perk is too good.

I think I picked the same team for the same reason lol (also, boss Marisa was too hard for me/still is too hard)

IIRC, Marisa isn't the only character that can pickup without Max Power. I think for all the other teams, it's the partner character (Yukari, Yuyuko and Remilia) that can auto pickup. So if you want to do it for the other teams, you just need to focus / switch near the auto collect line.

Deleted member 8861

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I think I picked the same team for the same reason lol (also, boss Marisa was too hard for me/still is too hard)

IIRC, Marisa isn't the only character that can pickup without Max Power. I think for all the other teams, it's the partner character (Yukari, Yuyuko and Remilia) that can auto pickup. So if you want to do it for the other teams, you just need to focus / switch near the auto collect line.
... Whoa. :o

I like Marisa's narrow range-high power build anyway so it's fine, but that's great to know!

OP
OP
Evilisk

Evilisk

Oct 25, 2017
From Gematsu:

Touhou-Genso-Mahjong_04-25-19_Screenshot-600x338.jpg

Touhou Project mahjong game Touhou Genso Mahjong announced for Switch

Independent development circle D.N.A. Softwares has announced Touhou Project all-star variety mahjong game Touhou Genso Mahjong for Switch. It will launch this fall in Japan.

Touhou-Bouenkyou_04-23-19.jpg

Touhou Project strategy RPG Hifuu Bouenkyou coming to Switch

Independent development circle Chiyuudou's Touhou Project fan game Hifuu Bouenkyou is coming to Switch, publisher Mediascape announced.

I've never heard of either game, it's also unclear whether these'll even be released outside of Japan, but it's still cool to see more fangames being published.

Also, a quick update on Touhou Labyrinth: I got stuck on the floor after Yukari (because of the boss-level mooks), caved and checked a guide, learned that the floor is not exploring, sped through that floor, went to the next floor and now I'm just grinding to prepare for the current floor. Also Komachi is now my most used character, apparently.

OP
OP
Evilisk

Evilisk

Oct 25, 2017
Forgot about this but Grimoire of Usami recently released. Don't know how long a full translation will take, but Clarste's been translating parts of it

tumblr_inline_pqmrzk3KZO1s6vzc7_400.png

...And, without spoiling anything, it turns out Seija and Shimyoumaru are kinda prominent in the later sections

(Okina also appears, which is pretty cool)

OP
OP
Evilisk

Evilisk

Oct 25, 2017

I was waiting for May 5 to post about this (since it seems like we'll be getting lots of news around that time) but yeah, Antimony of Common Flowers was announced for console earlier this week, first for PS4, then for Switch.

I wonder if this'll be a straight port or if there'll be bonus stuff again (like with the PS4 release of ULiL). Actually, AoCF has an official English translation right? While I don't expect a proper English release at all, it'd be cool if they added that as an toggle / option in the console release. I'd strongly consider importing the game if they did that tbh

MinusT's Brambly Boundaries premieres in 13 hours.

This was cool, stinger was disappointing though

Nothing against MinusT specifically, but I will never not be disappointed when fan works only go up to SA

Like I'm still mad at Fantasy Kaleidoscope for this tease

Episode 4:

U0ZgQDK.png

Every other episode since then: still not up to UFO LOL

OP
OP
Evilisk

Evilisk

Oct 25, 2017
I can't post any pics atm but we already have one new TH17 character revealed (via demo disc art) and there's already fan art too

Deleted member 8861

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I know I'm double posting, but...

Congrats. My first 1cc was IN Normal with Reimu/Yukari. You should for sure jump to Normal mode, it isn't difficult (atleast to me). It's really fun too. I love Reisen's fight.
Thanks! I've been practicing Marisa/Alice on Normal all this time anyway (got the Easy 1CC on pretty much a whim). I love it but I can't survive Reimu, I always have to continue there.

Stages 4 and 2 are amazing though!

ibyea

Oct 25, 2017
It's a bit of UFO system and the upgrade stuff I have seen in other schmups combined.

Oct 25, 2017
new jersey
This is really cool! It has unlockable achievements. Do something different for the midboss and you get a different animal spirit. That's a super cool way to put in more replay value.

OP
OP
Evilisk

Evilisk

Oct 25, 2017
Here are TH17's newcomers so far (pics from the Wiki, profile translations by Clarste) seems to be some discrepancy with the Stage 1 Boss's name (in-game says "Eika", while her profile calls her "Youka")

Th17Youka.png

Eika / Youka Ebisu
Species: Spirit of a Miscarried Child
Ability: Good at stacking stones

An extremely skilled master of stacking stones. Thanks to her extreme skill in stacking stones, she's something like a leader of the miscarried spirits in Children's Limbo. Changing the plain and pointless busywork into something fun and meaningful, she's also a god of fortune who can't simply get up even when she falls over. Clever and always cheerful, she holds new events like stone stacking contests one after another, making her the idol of Children's Limbo.

She gets mad at the protagonists for spoiling the stone stacking contest, but in actuality this was mostly the fault of the animal ghosts from Hell.

Th17Urumi.png

Urumi Ushizaki
Species: Ushi-oni
Ability: To increase the weight of nearby objects

A terrifying oni who drags living, flesh and blood creatures into the Sanzu River. Embracing a statue of a baby, she entrusts that baby to people, causing them to sink into the river as it gets heavier. A wonderful youkai who exploits the kindness of humans. However, as it's forbidden to attack humans from Gensokyo, she now runs a fishing business on the Sanzu River.

Anyone trying to cross the Sanzu River without the protection of a shinigami will be attacked by giant extinct fishes or pleisiosuars or the like. She's tamed these giant fish and sometimes sells them in Gensokyo. Sometimes other youkai make fun of her for toothless lifestyle, but she herself is proud of it. Sometimes she leads people who cross the river by mistake back to the living world.

Th17Kutaka.png

Kutaka Niwatari
Species: God
Ability: To Cure Throat Diseases

A watchman for the checkpoints of Hell, the Land of Oni, and similar Otherworlds. Her job is to sort humans and oni into their appropriate living places. This time she heard from the Yama about humans who wanted to go to Hell, so she was worried how they'd fare in Hell and decided to test their skills.While she works in Higan, that doesn't mean she lives there. It seems she normally lives in places with excellent views, like atop the waterfall of Youkai Mountain.

Her true identity is the god of wild chickens, before they were domesticated, Niwatari-jin. While chickens are seen as frail and cowardly, she is a courteous and upstanding god who values impartiality and altruism. Secretly, she thinks she'd be willing to do anything to raise the status of chickens, which have become merely food for humans.

I'm not feeling the Eika / Youka's design (she looks like some fusion of Seiran, Narumi and Aunn), but the other two characters look really unique and cool. Urumi might be the coolest for me; that design is strong af, and her backstory having her just taming undead sea dinosaurs is badass.

Oct 25, 2017
new jersey
Here are TH17's newcomers so far (pics from the Wiki, profile translations by Clarste) seems to be some discrepancy with the Stage 1 Boss's name (in-game says "Eika", while her profile calls her "Youka")

Th17Youka.png

Th17Urumi.png

Th17Kutaka.png

I'm not feeling the Eika / Youka's design (she looks like some fusion of Seiran, Narumi and Aunn), but the other two characters look really unique and cool. Urumi might be the coolest for me; that design is strong af, and her backstory having her just taming undead sea dinosaurs is badass.
I like Eika a lot. She's very childlike and playful. Its super cute for a Stage 1 boss. Their backstories are super cool to me.

Did some lore theorycrafting of my own. Kutaka Niwatari works in Higan, where Eiki/Komachi live. Also it states in her bio that "she heard from the Yama about humans who wanted to go to hell". That Yama is most likely Eiki Shiki, since she's the only known Yama in the game (right now). Urumi Ushizaki probably knows Komachi because they both work on the same river. Stage 1 - 3 isn't Hell but the Sanzu River. After you beat the chicken, you pass her to go to Hell. Seems like Stage 4 to 6 will have us go to Gensokyo's Hell. A lot of stuff in the new character's bios point references Komachi and Eiki heavily. Hope they have an appearance in the game.

The animal spirits you pick at the beginning of the game might betray you later on. Like in Hidden Star, for Okina you can't use season powers so I'm gonna guess the same will happen here. The Chicken God tells you to be wary of the animal spirits, and they seem to change the personality of the characters. Youmu is way more aggressive/bullying with Wolf Ghost than before seen. Otter makes her lazy, I think. So I'm going to assume the final boss of the game might be the animal spirits together in one, or maybe 3 separate bosses.

OP
OP
Evilisk

Evilisk

Oct 25, 2017
Here's some Touhou 17 themed fan stuff.

Videos:

Fan Art (click for artist pages / links)

tumblr_pr11r8ipOs1twadyuo1_500.png

(Memefo also did art of the other two characters here)

tumblr_pr1uj0Fx6b1rfpunho1_500.png

I like Eika a lot. She's very childlike and playful. Its super cute for a Stage 1 boss. Their backstories are super cool to me.

Did some lore theorycrafting of my own. Kutaka Niwatari works in Higan, where Eiki/Komachi live. Also it states in her bio that "she heard from the Yama about humans who wanted to go to hell". That Yama is most likely Eiki Shiki, since she's the only known Yama in the game (right now). Urumi Ushizaki probably knows Komachi because they both work on the same river. Stage 1 - 3 isn't Hell but the Sanzu River. After you beat the chicken, you pass her to go to Hell. Seems like Stage 4 to 6 will have us go to Gensokyo's Hell. A lot of stuff in the new character's bios point references Komachi and Eiki heavily. Hope they have an appearance in the game.

The animal spirits you pick at the beginning of the game might betray you later on. Like in Hidden Star, for Okina you can't use season powers so I'm gonna guess the same will happen here. The Chicken God tells you to be wary of the animal spirits, and they seem to change the personality of the characters. Youmu is way more aggressive/bullying with Wolf Ghost than before seen. Otter makes her lazy, I think. So I'm going to assume the final boss of the game might be the animal spirits together in one, or maybe 3 separate bosses.

Yeah I heard that according to dialogue in Marisa's route, the Yama that's being referred to is supposed to be Eiki

The animal spirits twist could be interesting, though it could also just be flavour text, since DDC also had the "tools affecting MC's" plotline that didn't really amount to much besides different dialogue.

Personally, I'm expecting this game to have our first Dinosaur Touhou, because of Urumi's backstory mentioning them, and because Lunatic Difficulty is referred to as "Dinosaur Level".

Deleted member 24149

Oct 29, 2017
Satori will forever be the first dinosaur youkai because of those arms.