• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017

EDIT: The trailer has been taken down for unknown reasons, but it can still be found in other places like IGN: https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/0...railer-and-see-3-exclusive-hi-res-screenshots

Official Website for the game: https://www.dreamlit.games/

It's a game being made by 6 people with this prototype build being shown here being after 12 months of development, and while they're wearing their inspiration on their sleeves it honestly looks incredibly promising even this early in.

Apologize if already a topic on this, was kinda' hard since if anything the name is too simple, but I wanted to see Era's take on this game.

D1l629IWoAEFHOZ.jpg
D1l5GiaX4AAc4uI.jpg

UPDATE: Adding this post from the topic to talk a bit more about what this is from the devs:

Decided to check the comments section of the video to see if the devs said anything there, figured I'd share what they said here:

Hi all! this is the dev. We are so happy to see all the positive comments! Please share and help spread the words to make this game a reality. And YES! 80% of the videos recorded are network replicated gameplay footages from a modified UE4 replay system. If you're a game dev, you can appreciate the difficulty to make creature climbing multiplayer working. And we mostly have it! only a few visual kinks left to polish. Will have more updates as we get close to GDC. Thank you so much for taking the time to watch the long trailer. We know it's a bit too long :P Also, if you're a fan of an old mech game called Hawken, we are the same core developers. Please visit our facebook page and share your ideas and thoughts! https://www.facebook.com/Dreamlit-Entertainment-294912217821627/ Many of your guesses for our inspiration are dead on. SOTC, BOTW, Nausicaa, Mononoke, Harvest Moon...omg I just realize they're all Japanese games! @0@

Definitely looking forward to their upcoming updates, I really hope this becomes a reality.

Deleted member 16908

Oct 27, 2017
ladies and gentlemen, every game with a glider is now breath of the wild

RROCKMAN

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
That title, damn. You def know how to get people Dusk.

Anyhow its very interesting. I hope they get to finish it.

OP
OP
Dusk Golem

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
ladies and gentlemen, every game with a glider is now breath of the wild
If anything it's more some aesthetic and mechanical decisions that definitely, definitely are showing some BOTW influence on it's sleeves. The developers aren't really hiding what their pools of inspiration came from, but I don't think that's a bad thing either.

Lord Vatek

Avenger
Jan 18, 2018
While this does look really really cool, I'm also getting a strong "eternal vaporware" vibe.

I'd love to be proven wrong though.

Resetti

Oct 25, 2017
Looks cool but what's it exactly? A proof-of-concept prototype or an actual game in development?
There doesn't seem to be any info about this online.

Haribo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Seems destined to end up like Mother 4 imo. I'm definitely rooting for its release.

JayBee

Alt-account
Banned
Dec 6, 2018
Looks great but too many of this sort of incredible projects made by indie devs have ended up not living up to the reveals. I don't think this will be different.

OP
OP
Dusk Golem

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
Looks cool but what's it exactly? A proof-of-concept prototype or an actual game in development?
There doesn't seem to be any info about this online.
It's a prototype, IE six indie developers decided to spend a year working on a game they'd like to make, and now after a year of working on it they're showing their progress. As it's a prototype, they're probably deciding where to go forward with it and right now gathering public interest to see both if they can get audience and/or publisher/investor attention, and then choose how to go forward with it from there (if it goes forward, but I honestly think this can catch some attention).

gadwin

Nov 1, 2017
Holy shit, that was surprisingly amazing. I hope that team get all the support in the world...because I think it's very unlikely that the actual game could come anywhere close to that prototype trailer. Would love to be proven wrong though!

Dec 23, 2017
It's a prototype, IE six indie developers decided to spend a year working on a game they'd like to make, and now after a year of working on it they're showing their progress. As it's a prototype, they're probably deciding where to go forward with it and right now gathering public interest to see both if they can get audience and/or publisher/investor attention, and then choose how to go forward with it from there (if it goes forward, but I honestly think this can catch some attention).

I really hope they get the support they deserve. The trailer honestly looked incredible and I can see some anime inspirations as well.

Mochi

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Seattle
Holy shit this looks incredible! Really distinctive artistic vision, though the core traversal mechanics may be straight from BOTW. I love the music, atmosphere, creature designs, what looks like an interesting set of ecosystems . . . hope this one turns out as awesome as it looks.

rrost

Banned
Jul 20, 2018
Wow, What a Trailer..
Great aesthetics. how can this be possible by only 6 people?

Kaivan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, everything about this looks incredibpe, from artstyle to the large monsters etc. It kinda reminds me of Xenoblade instead of Colossus.

Until I learned that this is survival building online game. And it'll be stuck in early access I bet.

Handicapped Duck

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Avenger
May 20, 2018
Ponds
More games need gliders and climbing surfaces. Game looks great, but the creature design for me leaves a bit to be desired, seems randomly generated. I'll keep an eye out on the game however, since the concept in the trailer seems solid.

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017
I love the creature design. In some ways I guess generic but in more ways it's really original and unconventional, and I really like that. Too many creature designs nowadays are so safe. There's a lot of variety here, and yet consistency. Love that. Sound design and music seem pretty nice too. Animations are obviously reeeeeally really rough, but I'm very interested how this turns out if they pursue it further.

Keyouta

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Looks pretty fucking amazing to me. Hopefully they can pull off the full release as nice as that trailer promises.

Dinjooh

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
That's an impressive amount of unique assets for a team that size in a year. Will definitely keep on my radar.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
holy shit that looks incredible.
if it can't be made into a game, i would love to see a film that looks exactly like that.

nbnt

Oct 26, 2017
I was interested until the MP part. Certainly impressive tho, hope they get to make it.

Blade Wolf

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Taiwan
Looks very creative, yes you can tell it's inspired by Shadow of the Colossus, BOTW, Monster Hunter and Monoke but still, very creative.

The actual game might be very janky and unpolished due to limited budget and resource but I'm very impressed by the premise.

Aters

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It's gonna take twenty years for six people to fully realize the vision in the trailer.

Mik2121

Oct 25, 2017
Japan
It looks really good and the art direction is great. I hope this is an actually feasible thing, because I'd love to play it.

Phabh

Oct 28, 2017
Mmmm it looks a bit too good and ambitious to be true.
I wonder what's the main goal of the game.

Banzai

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Six people did this in a year?? what the fuuuuck.
I can only assume most of that trailer isn't real time, because if it is...give them another year or two and this'll be mindblowingly amazing.