• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 7217

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ever since April last year, Toys for Bob, the creator of Skylanders, has been putting up hiring calls for their next project. They are currently looking for Engineering Interns, QA Testers, and an Enemy designer and is using Unreal Engine. They've also been saying that it would be "the next generation of our award-winning best-selling Games" , meaning it might not be Skylanders.
https://activision.referrals.selectminds.com/toysforbob

Who knows what it could be? We'll just have to wait and see.

Oct 25, 2017
Vicarious is probably on platformer/kid game duty (I'm pretty sure they worked on some SL games, right?) so I wonder what this will be.
Does sound like it's toys to life related.

Silky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Georgia
You know that description sounds a whole lot like Skylanders.

I really hope these guys are returning to that series. Diablo-lite games are rad

Nirolak

Oct 25, 2017
The job postings note that it's a games as a service, multiplayer oriented project for consoles and PC using Unreal Engine 4.

If it's Skylanders, it's a new direction for the series.

Toys For Bob said:
Sr. Executive Producer - Toys For Bob

Toys for Bob is seeking a uniquely qualified Sr. Executive Producer to join our team in creating the next generation in our history of award-winning, best-selling games.

The Sr. Executive Producer should have extensive experience with console and PC game development processes for products which are online multiplayer and run GAAS. This individual must be a leader as well as a team player, highly organized, self-motivated, and detail oriented with great follow-through skills and the ability to prioritize and manage large complex organizational and executional issues. Superior strategic, operational, and verbal/written communication skills are a must.

Responsibilities include forging strong, successful partnerships with internal and external development teams (including day-to-day communication and management as necessary), overseeing localization efforts, managing licensor requests and feedback, helping to manage QA efforts internally, supervision and guidance for the internal production team, and closely tracking submission and approval process with the Developer, 1st Party Partners, and other stakeholders. The Sr. Executive Producer will ensure that milestones are delivered on-time, on-budget and complete as per the approved Development plan, and that the approved submissions maintain a high standard of quality and brand integrity. In addition, this individual will also be supporting various post-launch support efforts from the Developer and any ongoing content development.
Source: http://jobs.gamasutra.com/job/sr-executive-producer-toys-for-bob-novato-california-32451

mas8705

Oct 27, 2017
My only regret was that I fell of the Skylanders bus halfway through since it was actually kind of fun to collect the figurines and then use them in-game. I'm sure there are plenty of other gimmicks that could be done with them, but hell knows I can't think of any at the immediate moment.

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Skylanders relaunch with characters available on a rotating basis and purchaseable with mtx could be a viable direction.
Hopefully with some continued figure compatability.
I just want a new Skylanders.