• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
I think there's still a lot of material. Looking it up on Wiki, and I didn't even know that in the 90s and esrly 00s, there were toy waves to push it further. There was also a pre-MLP line in the early 80s. Tjere's definately enough material to cover the original, mid-attempts, the new, and the new fandom itself.
I agree there's plenty to talk about before FiM, but there are also tons of things to cover with recent toys that I fear they won't. Equestria Girls alone could make for a beefy segment, what with the desire to compete with Monster High, early dolls having peg legs and needing big "hoof-like" boots, the doll line disappearing for a bit, the Equestria Girls Minis line being a huge success, and then the dolls returning. Instead, they'll probably just go, "And it was enough of a success that there are now human dolls for the ponies. Isn't that wacky!"

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
I agree there's plenty to talk about before FiM, but there are also tons of things to cover with recent toys that I fear they won't. Equestria Girls alone could make for a beefy segment, what with the desire to compete with Monster High, early dolls having peg legs and needing big "hoof-like" boots, the doll line disappearing for a bit, the Equestria Girls Minis line being a huge success, and then the dolls returning. Instead, they'll probably just go, "And it was enough of a success that there are now human dolls for the ponies. Isn't that wacky!"

Well, you can only detail so much in an hour, to talk about the fine details of spin off toy lines. Transformers for example, highlighted their Japanese history mainly, and only touched on Beasties/Beast Wars as their first comback, and the Michael Bay movies as their second. No room/time to go over their toy lines from the new cartoons or anything like that.

Gonzalez

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I can't sympathize. The episodes are about toys, and done in a light hearted spirit. If this was done straight, nobody would care.
Ehhh... Different strokes for different folks. I prefer a PBS like approach to documentaries. These feel like the "I love the..." VH1 shows, but with actual behind the scenes stuff, and less talking heads.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
Ehhh... Different strokes for different folks. I prefer a PBS like approach to documentaries. These feel like the "I love the..." VH1 show, but with actual behind the scenes stuff, and less talking heads.

I like that for serious subjects on nature, cultures, history... Not for Power Rangers and Ninja Turtles.

SkyMasterson

Oct 28, 2017
I am so happy right now.

In the last thread, I was really hoping they would cover WWF Hasbro's and TMNT.

I figured TMNT toys would be given eventually, but wasn't so sure about Wrestling figures.

I would love a Jurassic Park episode next season!

Ze_Shoopuf

Jun 12, 2018
where muh G1 Transformers at?

they could probably do a Strawberry Shortcake one too, or Rainbow Brite.

jwk94

Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

YESSSS!!! This episode is going to be amazing. Would be perfect for them to drop this in August so it aligned with the 25th anniversary team up but oh well.

After some banter and questions about how they produced the episode came the main event: the announcement of the next four episode subject matters. In order as they appeared: Power Rangers (after swearing they would never do one during the panel), My Little Pony, Wrestling (old LJN figures were shown, hopefully it covers so much more), and the big one: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

Oh, they also revealed how they will handle the theme song. Like Star Trek, this is no longer "an eight-part documentary series". No, The Toys That Made us is now an ONGOING documentary series.
https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/0...-power-rangers-wrestling-tmnt-my-little-pony/

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017
Sounds fantastic. TMNT was easily the most requested one of all, but weirdly I never thought about wrestling toys, despite it being a longtime part of the industry.

Tomohawk

Oct 27, 2017
Does the show get better, watched couple of episodes and it was alright, but seemed a bit plain.