• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017

The biggest season yet.

- LJN Wrestling
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
- Power Rangers
- My Little Pony

Still no word on the release date.

Oct 27, 2017
Finally power rangers. Those were my life. They were $5 a pop for the rangers and $30 for the megazords. So it was somewhat easier to get my parents to buy them

CheeseConey

Oct 27, 2017
Awesome show. Hope they do Jurassic Park at some point, would love to send them pictures of my collection.

Also the statue thing that was behind the former CEO of Mattel in the Barbie episode still gives me nightmares.

CoolestSpot

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
YES. TMNT and Power Rangers. My childhood.
MMPR_TMNT_01_Cover_Mora_Promo.jpg

PaulloDEC

Visited by Knack
Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Loved the first two seasons of this, and I never owned most of the toys they featured. Just a really interesting world.

OP
OP
mreddie

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
Crazy this was just announced last year and we're only seeing the trailer now.

Hope S4 is planned.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
Oh finally some news on this! Quality stuff, even if it is so short that they don't cover absolutely everything, I still think they do a great job.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Awesome. I love this series and even like the episodes regarding toys I was never into.

Deepwater

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They got that piece of shit Haim Saban on there. Guess I gotta watch. Excited for the MLP one too, not because I'm a Brony but the very phenomenon is fascinating

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
Awesome. I love this series and even like the episodes regarding toys I was never into.

Yeah even toy series I never cared for have really interesting histories. Even the "girl toys" that they do one for every season, that many here don't care for. Hello Kitty execs going door-to-door in The Bay Area to try and sell their new brand? That's quite the introduction to the gigantic brand of today!

Seirith

Oct 25, 2017
I was totally a MLP girl, I also loved TMJT and Power Rangers too. I will have to watch this when it is released. I had almost every American MLP when I was a kid, it was the only girly toy I loved.

GravisMors

Oct 29, 2017
Honestly they could have swapped out Hot Wheels for any of the planned S3 toylines and it would have been the same reaction. "Still no Power Rangers? Still no TMNT? Still no wrestling?"
Granted that's probably true, but Hot wheels has been around a hell of a lot longer than the others. Honestly expected it in season 1-2.

ElMexiMerican

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like this was announced on accident? Video doesn't work any more and I can't find it on YouTube.

Either way, I'm so fucking pumped for S3, Power Rangers was my shit when I was a kid.

Zan

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
LOVE that this is coming out. It's got a good lineup as well.

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017
Great lineup there. TMNT and PR were such merch movers and wrestling has a long toy history. I may not have any interest in My Little Pony, but I didn't have an interest in Hello Kitty or Barbie either yet their episodes were fun to watch (particularly Barbie's bizarre backstage shenanigans).

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
apparently they are making a Movie spin off (as in, about movies) called Movies That Made Us (duh) and its out next week holy shit?

also season 3 of Toys is out like Nerdkiller said

Deleted member 21709

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Is this the official thread?

I'm really annoyed by the editing style/tone - I wish it was a bit more serious?

eXistor

Oct 27, 2017
Is this the official thread?

I'm really annoyed by the editing style/tone - I wish it was a bit more serious?
I don't want it to be more serious, but the editing seems really manipulative. They're always cutting it in such a way that the people being interviewed give reactions to fit the show's narrative. I almost never feel like I'm watching genuine reactions. Other than that I think it's highly entertaining.

Deleted member 21709

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I don't want it to be more serious, but the editing seems really manipulative. They're always cutting it in such a way that the people being interviewed give reactions to fit the show's narrative. I almost never feel like I'm watching genuine reactions. Other than that I think it's highly entertaining.

Yeah, it does grate at times, and the theme song is the worst thing that humans have ever done, but the stories behind the toys and the people who created them are compelling as hell.

Yes, they keep re-using clips.. it's like a soundboard. Sometimes it is funny, but it's mostly exhausting to watch or have on in the background. Great stories, though.