• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
i got a... weird vibe from it?

dunno what it is about it

Valkerion

Oct 29, 2017
I have a weird love for seeing Michelle Yeoh in movies. I'll see it thanks to her. Looks cute though, Christmas movies are my weakness.

Kitten Mittens

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Dec 11, 2018
Sorry, but that looked lame as fuck, which isn't surprising since Feig hasn't been that great lately.

Horp

Nov 16, 2017
Looked uninspired.
Also, please stop making trailers that are actually just a very quick cut version of the entire movie.

Seesaw15

Oct 27, 2017
This looks cute. I feel like rom-coms are kind of becoming a dying breed.
Big studio theatrical rom-coms have been dying/dead for about a decade save for a Crazy Rich Asians popping up and becoming a huge phenomenon.We'll still get a crossover hit like Lala Land or the Big Sick but those are all hybrid films with romance in them. The genre is now either on netflix or tv. Which is great for me because shows like Catastrophe, You're the Worst, Love, Crazy Ex-Girlfried etc are all doing great things with an otherwise tired formula.

CloudWolf

Oct 26, 2017
It's weird how I can only think of two romcoms that have come out this year and one was direct to Netflix
There have been more:

Isn't It Romantic
Always Be My Maybe
Long Shot
Yesterday
The Perfect Date
Rainy Day in New York
What Men Want
Someone Great

Thata said, romantic comedies just aren't popular anymore due to it being kind of a tired genre, plus a lot of rom coms have very weird and toxic ideas about what romance is.

Yesterday for instance has appaling ideas about romance and love.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
They had some of the filming of this in Hatton Garden earlier in the year. Funny I think its was feb and they were doing filming for a Christmas film hah.

Lucreto

Oct 25, 2017
Film doesn't look great but most Christmas movies aren't.

But it's after putting me in a Christmas mood. :(

Only 132 days to go.

poptire

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I like romcoms and Christmas movies but the trailer didn't really sell me on this being a good version of either of those things

Raxus

Oct 26, 2017
Feels weird having a wholesome Feig film.

Plus the guy is totally a christmas spirit or something.

JasonV

Oct 25, 2017
Emilia can carry this. Hope she keeps getting work. Cause her Terminator movie sucked.

Disco

Oct 25, 2017
Feig been sucking ass post Bridesmaids tbh. Although spy had its moments with Statham.

Skeptical this ends up any good but hopefully it is

Osahi

Oct 27, 2017
This looks kind of cute, but I'm sure I'll be al cynical about it after I actually watched it. I'm in for a good, charming romcom though. Been a while since I had one make me feel al fuzzy inside (About Time came close and could've been a classic if it wasn't so damn long)

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
I feel like the guy isn't really there. Like he's some kind of ghost lol
yeah, it was weird, like they even say in the trailer "how do we keep bumping into each other"

i don't think it's stalking, but it feels off

is he her childhood joy and wonder or sommit?

imaginary friend?

hodayathink

Oct 25, 2017
Rom-coms are dying at the box office because star power is dying at the box office. They were being entirely propped up by leads in them for the past 10-15 years, and once that stopped being a factor they just became another mid-budget movie that studios don't think are worth it anymore.

That being said, they're the perfect genre to revive on streaming to try to make stars out of upcoming actors.

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Feels weird having a wholesome Feig film.

Plus the guy is totally a christmas spirit or something.

I'm betting...

He's the heart donor and it's his heart she carries around every day. They'll foreshadow it by saying she never got to meet the person that donated their heart to her, but she'll find out near the end of the movie that it was him.

Zulith

Oct 25, 2017
West Coast, USA
Christmas movies make me feel very warm inside. I like every year to have at least one really good Christmas movie. This looks like the one for 2019.

Also considering Emilia's health history that she's been open about, it kind of makes her character's story in this hit a little harder.

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
yeah, it was weird, like they even say in the trailer "how do we keep bumping into each other"

i don't think it's stalking, but it feels off

is he her childhood joy and wonder or sommit?

imaginary friend?
Yeah, even with the whole, "you keep disappearing" and the fact that he keeps bumping in to her, and if he works at the shelter he should know that she started there too, plus he's clearly wearing the same thing on multiple days (he is shown with different clothes later though).

Anyway, I don't think we should spoiler tag this stuff. It's pretty clear that he's not a normal person. The trailer basically leads you down that path. Also, we only see him interacting with Clarke's character.

Still, it looks good! And maybe they'll subvert it.