• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

pokeystaples

Oct 27, 2017
I'm in for a Christmas rom-com. I'm not familiar with the leading lady, but Golding and Yeoh is a killer combo.

Apr 19, 2018
The film's now out, and it doesn't look like the reviews have been kind.

Also, big spoiler:

Everyone called it right that Golding is Clarke's heart-donor, and he's Clarke's..... guardian angel? A figment of her imagination? The film apparently doesn't make it entirely clear and leaves it for the viewer to decide.

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
I read spoilers just to confirm what we already knew. Can't believe that literally turned the songs lyrics into a fucking plot point 😂

Nappuccino

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

Also, big spoiler:

Everyone called it right that Golding is Clarke's heart-donor, and he's Clarke's..... guardian angel? A figment of her imagination? The film apparently doesn't make it entirely clear and leaves it for the viewer to decide.

Oh fuck off.

Autumn

Avenger
Apr 1, 2018
It's weird how I can only think of two romcoms that have come out this year and one was direct to Netflix
The genre is kinda dead. I have no idea why? A lot of the stuff is direct to tv or on streaming services. Hallmark is going strong with their movies so there's an audience. Netflix took a lot stuff out but they produced some great original rom coms.

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017

Also, big spoiler:

23Y4fjT.jpg

Dec 2, 2017
Like the way they frame it in the film makes it weirder

like he takes her to his flat, they go ice skating, he takes her to a bench someone had dedicated to him

NSA

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I think it's funny that everyone caught the twist months ago. If done better (and less obvious) I could see it being a cool twist.

WrenchNinja

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I saw it a few days ago. It is super predictable but I did not mind that. Just had fun watching Emilia Clarke be a likable mess and Henry Golding be charming.

SRG01

Oct 25, 2017
Watched it with my partner over the weekend. It was surprisingly fun and lighthearted.