• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017

As a last resort to cure their son's auto-immune disorder, the Millers move into a sterile manor during his treatments. Eli is tormented by terrifying visions — deemed hallucinations — but something sinister may lurk within these walls.

Looks fun if unoriginal.

ThereAre4Lights

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
So this came out today. Pretty entertaining, although Lili Taylor didn't get to chew the scenery as much as she could have. Sadie Sink seemed like she wandered off the set of Stranger Things with the exact same character.

I kind of sorta guess the twist about 60% through, but I wasn't exactly sure. I thought maybe he was a demon species or something.

Deleted member 21709

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
90% of it is so bland and predictable, with awful jump scares - but it gets good at the very end. I actually did not see that coming.

darz1

Dec 18, 2017
90% of it is so bland and predictable, with awful jump scares - but it gets good at the very end. I actually did not see that coming.
i felt the exact opposite. I felt like 90% was well made and the jump scares were effective and well drawn out.

The ending i didnt see coming but it was so over the top and it didnt explain the dead girl ghost haunting him. I would have preferred it be a straight up haunting or an excorsism rather than the son of the devil thing. The boys acting also was much better as scared and in pain rather than evil and angry

Sera

Oct 27, 2017
Melbourne
I felt the ending could have been landed better
ended up looking very cheesy
I liked the triple entendre of the husband saying "I'm faithful" to the wife

Seeya

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
i felt the exact opposite. I felt like 90% was well made and the jump scares were effective and well drawn out.

The ending i didnt see coming but it was so over the top and it didnt explain the dead girl ghost haunting him. I would have preferred it be a straight up haunting or an excorsism rather than the son of the devil thing. The boys acting also was much better as scared and in pain rather than evil and angry

The dead people haunting him were the ghosts of his dead half brothers and sisters that died before him, the girl was a half sister that did escape and get away. They're all children of the devil. That's why she said let's go meet dad. The ghosts being aggressive/spooks was just your typical crap Haunting of Hillhouse sequel writing where the ghosts etc are there to do spooky things, not be consistent narratively

They did some really good stuff w planting and payoff as well as misdirection as a theme.

TP-DK

Oct 28, 2017
Denmark
Just finished watching it. I thought it was terrible all the way through. The horror elements were as cliche as they come and didnt work at all. The acting was for the most part bad.

And the ending twist I saw coming. I didnt realise he was the devils son until the cross, but I realised that he was something strong like a mutant or something. And the kid actor could not pull of the angry part at all.

Oct 26, 2017
Was hoping it would be about the horrors of watching the corpse of Eli Manning continue to play for the New York Giants football club.

kurahador

Oct 28, 2017
It's meh. Just full on cliche all the way until the ending and even then it was somewhat underwhelming.

Sidebuster

Oct 26, 2017
California
It was good and I didn't feel like I wasted my time watching it. I liked the twist but I had guessed it at some point in passing early on but it was still effective because I had forgot I guessed it until it happened.

Nothing too exciting about it though. It didn't really make me think much about it after it was over like a good movie will.

Oct 2, 2018
That twist.lol.
I'm actually interested in the sequel which would be a

buddy demon road trip murder comedy

6/10

DeathPeak

Oct 27, 2017
This movie kind of fell apart for me by the end.

Why didn't the ghosts haunt the nuns/doctor that killed them rather than scare and try to be so incredibly vague to help with the kid? And while it's less of a complaint and more of a speculative question, are the dead kids not allowed to return to hell?

Danielsan

Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
Probably the dumbest movies I've watched all year. I don't think it had any redeeming elements. Bad plot, bad acting, boring horror cliches that were poorly executed.