• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Jean Valjean

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
X1yvg.gif

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
The still for the Youtube video tells me everything I need to know.

Oct 27, 2017
I've seen the first film Gnomeo and Juliet a couple of times with my kids, and it's actually not a bad film with a good soundtrack of Elton John music. But man, I had no idea they were doing a sequel.

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Based on the title, I was going to snarkily ask if this is part of the Gnomeo & Juliet Cinematic Universe.

BUT IT IS.

I guess the half-dozen children who saw it must have fondish memories.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
I can absolutely believe that this is a Paramount joint. They've been on an incredible losing streak lately.

Deleted member 412

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Gotta love movies that exists solely because someone came up with a lukewarm pun and really wanted people to know.

Aesthet1c

Oct 27, 2017
That trailer was rough, but the trailer for the first movie was rough too.

I've watched the first movie with my kids and it's actually pretty decent. I'm sure we'll check this out too.

NealMcCauley

Oct 27, 2017
Johnny Depp as Sherlock Holmes was probably a genius idea a few years ago.

Honestly thought this was for the Ferrell/Reilly Holmes movie.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
Indiana Gnomes
Gnomes Wick
Bridget Gnomes

Send me $1 milion royalty per movie Paramount.

IsThatHP

Oct 31, 2017
Saw an ad for this at the bus stop last night and thought it was hilarious that WB and Disney have such a strangehold on the holiday window that these poor bastards are advertising a clear 5 months in advance for this.

okay

Oct 25, 2017
The Elton John music made the first one almost tolerable.

At least they got him back

VegiHam

Oct 25, 2017
Gnomeo and Juliette was actually pretty good, so don't write this one off too quick.

berzeli

Oct 25, 2017
So Disney passed on the sequel haha.
I'm so glad I get to share this with people:
Elton John Rips Disney With Rant Over 'Gnomeo and Juliet'
"We fought resistance from the (Disney) studio for so long, and to be honest with you, the film has taken $75 million in America, and we haven't had a message of congratulations from anyone within the studio," the British singer let rip on the CTV daytime talker The Marilyn Dennis Show
"Gnomeo and Juliet took us eleven years to make. We defied all the odds and all of the people at Disney who said, "this wouldn't be a hit," John said on air with one of his legendary outbursts. "And it's the biggest hit, but it could have been a bigger hit if Disney got behind it more," he added.
Like, when I said it was Elton John's baby I meant it. Just imagine getting this worked up over Gnomeo and Juliet.