• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

leburn98

Nov 1, 2017
So, uh, regarding that Cats movie, it says that Tom Hooper is the director. Are we sure they didn't mistakenly unearth some horrific, long lost masterpiece by the late Tobe Hooper instead?

Goodacre0081

Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

Amiablepercy

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
California
I wish Rebel Wilson would stop taking comedy foil roles. She is talented. Even now playing a cat she is allowing herself to be a figure to be goofed on.

Eidan

Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
I'm assuming everyone will be CATS-ifying their avatars come this holiday season.

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
My god

giphy.gif

I create the teaser thread knowing the reactions before and after will be great to see,

But I wasn't expecting this.

This comes out the same day as Star Wars Episode IX... now I'm questioning which one to watch first. And which will be entertaining, Star Wars for the right reasons, or Cats for the wrong ones.

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
Why couldn't this be the visual format they went with for the Lion King remake.

hiredhand

Feb 6, 2019
After watching that trailer twice, I'm kinda liking this. It is certainly bold and it's nice to see a film musical that tries in no way hide its Broadway roots. I also really liked Hooper's Les Miserables.

Also I just realized Ray Winstone is in this. Just the thought of Ray Winstone singing in a CGI cat suit is enough to justify the existence of this film for me.

Deleted member 48897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 22, 2018
Honestly I'm surprised nobody's posted that one lasagna cat video in here
if you've seen it, you know which one it is

IzzyRX

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
It looks horryfing. And I say this not knowing anything about this musical.
Day one.

Mutedpenguin

Dec 5, 2017
What the fuck, if it isn't CGI then what is it?!

Witchcraft?? Because it sure looks like it.
Some of the behind the scenes stuff from a while back, had Idris Elba just wearing a green leotard/catsuit....so it looks like it's their genuine performances but rather than just make some fur suits, make-up and practical effects...they decided to put CGI fur on them...which is why this looks odder than it needed to.

They should have had actual costumes and make-up and just used CGI for things like tails and whiskers.

Zero315

Oct 25, 2017
There's so much wrong with this that you can't just point to one thing and be like, well if they fixed that it'd be okay...

I'm totally going to see this but just looks horrifying.