• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
After US, I think I'm ready to cough up for a subscription to watch this.

Is this going to be a new episode every week, or all episodes drop at once?

OP
OP
ElectricBlanketFire

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017

Thanks. Added to the OP.

After US, I think I'm ready to cough up for a subscription to watch this.

Is this going to be a new episode every week, or all episodes drop at once?

Two episodes debuting on April 1st (not sure if it's these two specifically) and then one a week after that.

Deleted member 28461

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
THERE'S SEASON 9 OF THE OFFICE ON THE WING!!!
tenor.gif

Sliver

Oct 27, 2017
Peele doesn't have the voice or presence to do the Rod Serling role, in my opinion.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
Do we know if these episodes are going to be 30 mins like (most of) the original or 40-60?

Mulciber

Aug 22, 2018
Serling oozed presence in a way that I don't think anyone was going to do. Nothing you can do about it. You either end up imitating him, which wouldn't be good, or just going on your own path. Peele will be just fine. It's his show now, and I'll gladly follow him along to see how he leads it.

gaugebozo

Oct 25, 2017
I'd love to watch this, but now they got us paying for network TV. The fracturing of subscription services sucks.

Mezentine

Oct 25, 2017
Okay okay fine fine fine I'm resubscribing to CBSAA, at least for this and to catch up on Discovery

Nov 1, 2017
Brilliant move for CBS to bet on Jordan Peele even though he probably wasn't really involved with this at all outside of agreeing to put his name on it and being the new Rod Sterling

rude

Oct 25, 2017
Neither of these look very interesting. I also wouldn't have wasted an episode remaking a classic.

OP
OP
ElectricBlanketFire

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017
Brilliant move for CBS to bet on Jordan Peele even though he probably wasn't really involved with this at all outside of agreeing to put his name on it and being the new Rod Sterling

It sounds like he was at least in involved in some of the casting. And he is a huge fan of the original. Us was inspired by an episode called "Mirror Image" which is an underrated and overlooked episode.

Neither of these look very interesting. I also wouldn't have wasted an episode remaking a classic.

916.jpg

Novel

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Any way to watch the show besides CBS All Access?

Peele doesn't have the voice or presence to do the Rod Serling role, in my opinion.

To be fair to Peele, a lot of people wouldn't.
That said, I don't mind people like Peele attempting something like this. Peele at least has Rod's passion for this kind of genre/politics like Rod did.

Zoyo

alt account
Banned
Mar 20, 2019
I look forward to people whining that The Twilight Zone has been taken over by SJWs.