• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

NTGYK

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I'm a bit meh on 'Nightmare at 30000 Feet' being a terrorist allegory.

Not a bit meh, quite meh.

CesareNorrez

Oct 25, 2017
We know any directors for these episodes? If they keep this going they need to get Joe Dante.

Edit: Looks like Gerard McMurray for one, possibly called Rewind.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
That trailer for The Comedian is reminding me of The Card, an episode from the 1980s Twilight Zone about a woman who signs up for a special credit card and begins to lose her family after not being able to make payments.

Sulik2

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The comedian one looked incredibly predictable and generic. The nightmare at 30k looked better. I'll be watching for sure regardless.

THEVOID

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
E to the yuuuuuuup.
Fucking love Rod. He's one of my idols.
Same. Genius. I love to read his quotes esp when MLK died:

"In his grave, we praise him for his decency - but when he walked amongst us, we responded with no decency of our own.
When he suggested that all men should have a place in the sun - we put a special sanctity on the right of ownership and the privilege of prejudice by maintaining that to deny homes to Negroes was a democratic right.
Now we acknowledge his compassion - but we exercised no compassion of our own. When he asked us to understand that men take to the streets out of anguish and hopelessness and a vision of that dream dying, we bought guns and speculated about roving agitators and subversive conspiracies and demanded law and order.
We felt anger at the effects, but did little to acknowledge the causes. We extol all the virtues of the man - but we chose not to call them virtues before his death.
And now, belatedly, we talk of this man's worth - but the judgement comes late in the day as part of a eulogy when it should have been made a matter of record while he existed as a living force. If we are to lend credence to our mourning, there are acknowledgements that must be made now, albeit belatedly. We must act on the altogether proper assumption that Martin Luther King asked for nothing but that which was his due... He asked only for equality, and it is that which we denied him.
[excerpt from a letter to The Los Angeles Times in response to the assassination of Martin Luther King, Jr.; April 8, 1968"

Novel

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Same. Genius. I love to read his quotes esp when MLK died:

"In his grave, we praise him for his decency - but when he walked amongst us, we responded with no decency of our own.
When he suggested that all men should have a place in the sun - we put a special sanctity on the right of ownership and the privilege of prejudice by maintaining that to deny homes to Negroes was a democratic right.
Now we acknowledge his compassion - but we exercised no compassion of our own. When he asked us to understand that men take to the streets out of anguish and hopelessness and a vision of that dream dying, we bought guns and speculated about roving agitators and subversive conspiracies and demanded law and order.
We felt anger at the effects, but did little to acknowledge the causes. We extol all the virtues of the man - but we chose not to call them virtues before his death.
And now, belatedly, we talk of this man's worth - but the judgement comes late in the day as part of a eulogy when it should have been made a matter of record while he existed as a living force. If we are to lend credence to our mourning, there are acknowledgements that must be made now, albeit belatedly. We must act on the altogether proper assumption that Martin Luther King asked for nothing but that which was his due... He asked only for equality, and it is that which we denied him.
[excerpt from a letter to The Los Angeles Times in response to the assassination of Martin Luther King, Jr.; April 8, 1968"

Yea, he's a damn good orator.
Fantastic person, lost way too soon.

Roygbiv95

Alt account
Banned
Jan 24, 2019
So is this going to feel like a prime time CBS show, or does it being on their streaming network mean it's possible it will deal with subject matter like a premium cable or Netflix show can?

Also will this be coming to itunes or is it exclusive to streaming?

Last edited:

Polioliolio

Nov 6, 2017
Nooo.. no no no, no NO...

It's god damn teal and gold. The fucking yellow and blue. WHy, why , why! Is this done by algorithms? Can human beings just not genuinely make something anymore?

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
Stop remaking episodes of the original series. Remakes will never be anywhere near as good as the original.

teacup

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Has this been announced for any service in Australia?

Hesemonni

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Is it only me, but everytime I see Adam Scott cast in something I immediately assume it is shit or disappointingly mediocre?

Fancy Clown

Oct 25, 2017
Nooo.. no no no, no NO...

It's god damn teal and gold. The fucking yellow and blue. WHy, why , why! Is this done by algorithms? Can human beings just not genuinely make something anymore?

You mean like in your avatar?
Those colors are naturally complimentary, they're going to pop up. There are only so many color combinations dude, it's okay. Just because some meme put a bunch of samey looking posters together doesn't mean that those colors are automatically verboten for all time.

CesareNorrez

Oct 25, 2017
Stop remaking episodes of the original series. Remakes will never be anywhere near as good as the original.

People love the movie version with Lithgow. This new version looks quite a bit different and reflective of today's climate. Which is what a remake of a show that deals with human nature and societal ills should do.

It also doesn't have to be better to still be good.

Polioliolio

Nov 6, 2017
You mean like in your avatar?
Those colors are naturally complimentary, they're going to pop up. There are only so many color combinations dude, it's okay. Just because some meme put a bunch of samey looking posters together doesn't mean that those colors are automatically verboten for all time.

If you are holding a torch next to your face and you're in a cave you might expect a similar result to the avatar, and anyway you snide commenter, it's a 100x100px avatar, not a cinematic event... Now if you're on an airplane and it looks like you're underwater it's so blue, and then the entire flight crew is wearing the most vibrant yellow you've ever seen in your fucking life , and also no other colors exist, then you get what's in that trailer.

Complimentary colors. How do they work?

Try asking movies before the year 2002.

e8pbeBy.png

JRIyv3Z.png

Look at this shit. It's not a meme. It's actually happening and, I just can't believe you people eat this shit up instead of being put off.

PKthndr

Oct 25, 2017
The plane one looks especially interesting. My only concern is that these will all be straight horror when Twilight Zone wasn't always horror, just unsettling or packed with twists. But it looks good to me.

Books

Alt account
Banned
Feb 4, 2019
It sounds like he was at least in involved in some of the casting. And he is a huge fan of the original. Us was inspired by an episode called "Mirror Image" which is an underrated and overlooked episode.

916.jpg
I don't know how underrated it is. In my circles, it gets brought up whenever doppelganger episodes are mentioned.

Im still unsure how I feel about another twilight zone reboot.

OP
OP
ElectricBlanketFire

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017
If you are holding a torch next to your face and you're in a cave you might expect a similar result to the avatar, and anyway you snide commenter, it's a 100x100px avatar, not a cinematic event... Now if you're on an airplane and it looks like you're underwater it's so blue, and then the entire flight crew is wearing the most vibrant yellow you've ever seen in your fucking life , and also no other colors exist, then you get what's in that trailer.

Look at this shit. It's not a meme. It's actually happening and, I just can't believe you people eat this shit up instead of being put off.
I don't watch a ton of action movies and zero super hero movies, so maybe that's why I haven't noticed it.

Either way, it certainly won't deter me from enjoying the show.

kubev

Oct 25, 2017
California

The part when the Neo-Nazi was somehow surprised that the guy with the German accent speaking from the shadows turned out to be Hitler always cracked me up.

Anyway, is this new series supposed to release all at once? I'll probably just binge through it during the trial period. I don't think there's anything else that CBS has that I want to watch.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017

This freakout over teal and orange is the real Nightmare at 20,000 Feet remake.

Fancy Clown

Oct 25, 2017

I just watched Alfred Hitchcock's The Lodger, a film from 1927, which uses exclusively gold and teal color tinting. The original Balde Runner also uses this complimentary color scheme a lot.I'm sure I don't need to explain this to you, but movies can—and frequently do—use color and lighting for expressive purposes rather than adhering strictly to realism. And the reason movies prior to the early 2000's don't go as heavy on such color schemes is because didital color grading wasn't a thing. (But if this is a parody account, A+ my friend.)