• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Stuart Gipp

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Cambridge, England
From Mermaids' website: https://www.mermaidsuk.org.uk/mermaids-and-the-national-lottery-community-fund.html

The National Lottery Community Fund has confirmed that it will be supporting Mermaids with a grant of £500,000 over the course of 5 years.

One of main aims of the grant is for Mermaids to provide local support groups for transgender and gender variant children and their families around the UK. There are few such local support groups at the moment and the grant will change this. This is a fundamental and significant change. The grant means there will now be local support when currently there is none. This cannot be a bad thing. The UK will now be a better place for transgender and gender variant children and their families.

Mermaids warmly welcomes the Fund's decision, following the Fund's review of Mermaids' application for a grant. We are grateful for the Fund for conducting the review in a detailed, thorough, fair and appropriate manner.

For Mermaids, the review was an opportunity both to affirm the value of increasing direct support with local groups, alongside training delivery and research development, and to demonstrate to the Fund that the charity was well positioned to produce and manage these initiatives. Mermaids will now be able do more to improve outcomes and experiences for transgender and gender-diverse children and young people.

During the review, Mermaids was overwhelmed by the support received from our current funders, organisations and individuals. The messages of support and solidarity have been incredible, and have been appreciated by the families that we help and all of our hard working volunteers, staff and trustees.

The review from the National Lottery Community Fund regarding this decision can be found here:

https://www.tnlcommunityfund.org.uk.../outcome-of-review-of-proposed-mermaids-grant

Methinks that Graham Linehan is about to find himself even more Beaver Bothered.

plagiarize

It's not a loop. It's a spiral.
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
Good.

It's so depressing seeing Glinner do the shit he did as I really enjoyed his work... but whatever. Better we know about it.

Oct 28, 2017
Sweden
oKWBRij.gif

Barrylocke

Oct 25, 2017
Get fucked Glinner. I'm glad that this time, all his hateful rhetoric ultimately did was increase the international attention on the charity. To think that HBomberguys stream alone raised half of the money the grant is going to provide, along with other contributions from elsewhere.

Sorry for anyone involved who got harassed because they're speaking out for an organization that wants to help a marginalized group.

Tezz

Oct 27, 2017
Suck a dick Graham.

f67.jpg_large

I don't have any original Beaver Bother related memes.

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
Fuck Glinner and all the bigoted women/parents who almost did away with this funding. And thanks to them too, because of them they got almost twice as much during Hbomberguy's stream.

Ms.Galaxy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Praise Sobek and #ThanksGraham. Now they have even more money than expected to help trans youth.

Lunar15

Oct 25, 2017
A lot of great news for this charity lately. It's great stuff, I feel like awareness is spreading a lot faster right now, but still *so much farther* to go.

hjort

Nov 9, 2017
It makes me so happy to know that everything Linehan did was for nothing. Or even less than nothing really, since all he did was help hbomb and Mermaids raise a ton of money, awareness and goodwill. What a pathetic piece of shit.