• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

mutantmagnet

Oct 28, 2017
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...rotest-alaska-girl-expel-school-a8870931.html

I think my title gets across everything that happened but this comment really touches home how messed up this whole situation is.

So...after all the bullshit bathroom panic bills about trans kids, when a group of cis boys actually harass girls in a bathroom the girls are punished for defending themselves?

Heck even the Republican state rep is calling the school out for how they treated this girl.

Mona

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
was she waiting for him to come in so she could knee him?, cuz reading the article it made it seem like there was widespread knowledge that the protest was going to happen

Squarehard

Oct 27, 2017
The tweet in the op says suspended, not expelled.

In regards to the story though, I'm not even sure what the school was thinking on this one.

Do we know how many of those boys were punished, if at all?

OP
OP
mutantmagnet

mutantmagnet

Oct 28, 2017
The tweet in the op says suspended, not expelled.

In regards to the story though, I'm not even sure what the school was thinking on this one.

Do we know how many of those boys were punished, if at all?
There was some initial confusion at the time the story broke.

The sister of the victim issued a correction

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
Anyone who ever acted through transpanic in reference to bathroom use was a lying scumbag.

Everyone single person. It was never about protecting "your girls".