TransEra |ERA1| We're People, Okay?

Mewn

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Argh. Of course the week I decide to take the plunge with GenderGP is the week they get shut down / move abroad / I don't even know what's going on.

I am never getting hrt at this rate
Ah fuck, I just read up on all the GenderGP stuff. I'm planning to go see my GP soon to get the ball rolling - as I think I've made peace with me being a trans tomboy - and was considering going with them in the meantime. Fuck. I could certainly look into GenderCare too, but that might mean a fair amount of travel given I'm in Yorkshire...

Jazzy Heck

May 7, 2019
Ah fuck, I just read up on all the GenderGP stuff. I'm planning to go see my GP soon to get the ball rolling - as I think I've made peace with me being a trans tomboy - and was considering going with them in the meantime. Fuck. I could certainly look into GenderCare too, but that might mean a fair amount of travel given I'm in Yorkshire...
Yeah I mean I'm currently in london so travel for gendercare wouldn't be as much of an issue, but I think the waiting list is still pretty severe, and I've heard they're a little more gatekeep-y

May 21, 2019
Ah yo I'm new around era been lurking as a guest since resetera started out. I started out my transition about ba year ago. And it's been such a positive fulfilling experience over all. Probably the first thing I really ever sat down and did for myself when many people said it was a bad idea. Legit one of my old therapists brought in a woman in and she told me (she was transgender by the way) that I wasn't trans even though I admitted for the first time to anyone that I've had these feelings for years since I was a kid and they never ever went away. long story short she was dead wrong and I transitioned and now I considering myself a proper women and not really holding onto the trans part. I don't know if that's super weird but I'm rolling with it because it feels like a solid fit. I've been on Hrt for almost 9 months and I've seen a ton of results aside from many physical changes e.e but ye i figured I'd introduce myself haha. My current goals are ffs and getting my facial hair destroyed as it is my current bane of my existence. I'm fairly happy with my choices tho I still suffer from some depression mostly from the lack of a support network due to my friends dwindling big time.

May 21, 2019
I've mostly been thankful to whoever for setting up a free pilot sex and gender Care clinic in my city all my Hrt appointments are free which has been a legit game changer. The medicine itself is expensive though mostly because my insurance changed and is charging me more now thanks to the current gov situation. I have government insurance St least for the rest of this year. Copays went up to a cheap 10 dollars to 40 bucks.

Jazzy Heck

May 7, 2019
I'm really really struggling right now.

I have a job offer. In another country. Which I really want to take. It would be cool as heck to go work somewhere else for a bit.

But. The more I read about healthcare there, the more it becomes obvious that taking this job basically means putting my transition on hold for however long I'm there. Because it's even more gatekeep-y than where I currently live.

I was just starting to build some momentum, and now I .... Ugh. I want to cry. This is a really hard decision and I can't make up my mind.

And now i've just turned to self hate again because obviously the fact that I didn't immediately turn it down means I must just be a fake trans, cos I don't want it badly enough.

God I hate this. Why does it have to be so hard. Why.

I have a job offer. In another country. Which I really want to take. It would be cool as heck to go work somewhere else for a bit.

But. The more I read about healthcare there, the more it becomes obvious that taking this job basically means putting my transition on hold for however long I'm there. Because it's even more gatekeep-y than where I currently live.

I was just starting to build some momentum, and now I .... Ugh. I want to cry. This is a really hard decision and I can't make up my mind.

And now i've just turned to self hate again because obviously the fact that I didn't immediately turn it down means I must just be a fake trans, cos I don't want it badly enough.

Ugh, I'm sorry, that's rough :(

Nora

Oct 25, 2017

Do you maybe have the option of asking your endo (or whoever) for enough meds to last you for a year or however long you end up being there? I think I've heard of people doing that.

Jazzy Heck

May 7, 2019
Do you maybe have the option of asking your endo (or whoever) for enough meds to last you for a year or however long you end up being there? I think I've heard of people doing that.
Where I'm going you aren't allowed to transport meds from elsewhere into the country without a valid prescription. And where I am now I'm still on the multi year waiting list to see a doctor.
So like ... Either way, unfortunately, not.

CrocM

Oct 25, 2017
I'd like to start donating monthly to an organization that helps trans persons in the US.

Any suggestions?