• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Zellia

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Argh. Of course the week I decide to take the plunge with GenderGP is the week they get shut down / move abroad / I don't even know what's going on.

I am never getting hrt at this rate
Ah fuck, I just read up on all the GenderGP stuff. I'm planning to go see my GP soon to get the ball rolling - as I think I've made peace with me being a trans tomboy - and was considering going with them in the meantime. Fuck. I could certainly look into GenderCare too, but that might mean a fair amount of travel given I'm in Yorkshire...

Omoi

May 7, 2019
Ah fuck, I just read up on all the GenderGP stuff. I'm planning to go see my GP soon to get the ball rolling - as I think I've made peace with me being a trans tomboy - and was considering going with them in the meantime. Fuck. I could certainly look into GenderCare too, but that might mean a fair amount of travel given I'm in Yorkshire...

Yeah I mean I'm currently in london so travel for gendercare wouldn't be as much of an issue, but I think the waiting list is still pretty severe, and I've heard they're a little more gatekeep-y

Deleted member 56909

User requested account closure
Banned
May 21, 2019
underwater
Ah yo I'm new around era been lurking as a guest since resetera started out. I started out my transition about ba year ago. And it's been such a positive fulfilling experience over all. Probably the first thing I really ever sat down and did for myself when many people said it was a bad idea. Legit one of my old therapists brought in a woman in and she told me (she was transgender by the way) that I wasn't trans even though I admitted for the first time to anyone that I've had these feelings for years since I was a kid and they never ever went away. long story short she was dead wrong and I transitioned and now I considering myself a proper women and not really holding onto the trans part. I don't know if that's super weird but I'm rolling with it because it feels like a solid fit. I've been on Hrt for almost 9 months and I've seen a ton of results aside from many physical changes e.e but ye i figured I'd introduce myself haha. My current goals are ffs and getting my facial hair destroyed as it is my current bane of my existence. I'm fairly happy with my choices tho I still suffer from some depression mostly from the lack of a support network due to my friends dwindling big time.

OniLinkPlus

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Lots of new friends! Welcome, Cherry artania and Osu 16 Bit!

Our metamour went to GenderGP to schedule her first appointment the day before it shut down. It's... really messed up. Thanks transphobes for ruining everything once again.

Deleted member 56909

Banned
May 21, 2019
underwater
I've mostly been thankful to whoever for setting up a free pilot sex and gender Care clinic in my city all my Hrt appointments are free which has been a legit game changer. The medicine itself is expensive though mostly because my insurance changed and is charging me more now thanks to the current gov situation. I have government insurance St least for the rest of this year. Copays went up to a cheap 10 dollars to 40 bucks.

Omoi

May 7, 2019
I'm really really struggling right now.

I have a job offer. In another country. Which I really want to take. It would be cool as heck to go work somewhere else for a bit.

But. The more I read about healthcare there, the more it becomes obvious that taking this job basically means putting my transition on hold for however long I'm there. Because it's even more gatekeep-y than where I currently live.

I was just starting to build some momentum, and now I .... Ugh. I want to cry. This is a really hard decision and I can't make up my mind.

And now i've just turned to self hate again because obviously the fact that I didn't immediately turn it down means I must just be a fake trans, cos I don't want it badly enough.

God I hate this. Why does it have to be so hard. Why.

How About No

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Great Dairy State

I have a job offer. In another country. Which I really want to take. It would be cool as heck to go work somewhere else for a bit.

But. The more I read about healthcare there, the more it becomes obvious that taking this job basically means putting my transition on hold for however long I'm there. Because it's even more gatekeep-y than where I currently live.

I was just starting to build some momentum, and now I .... Ugh. I want to cry. This is a really hard decision and I can't make up my mind.

And now i've just turned to self hate again because obviously the fact that I didn't immediately turn it down means I must just be a fake trans, cos I don't want it badly enough.

Ugh, I'm sorry, that's rough :(

Deleted member 203

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Do you maybe have the option of asking your endo (or whoever) for enough meds to last you for a year or however long you end up being there? I think I've heard of people doing that.

Omoi

May 7, 2019
Do you maybe have the option of asking your endo (or whoever) for enough meds to last you for a year or however long you end up being there? I think I've heard of people doing that.

Where I'm going you aren't allowed to transport meds from elsewhere into the country without a valid prescription. And where I am now I'm still on the multi year waiting list to see a doctor.
So like ... Either way, unfortunately, not.

CrocM

Oct 25, 2017
I'd like to start donating monthly to an organization that helps trans persons in the US.

Any suggestions?

DJGolfClap

Avenger
Apr 28, 2018
Vancouver
I took a full-ish body pic for the first time, and while my brain is pretty much constantly screaming dysphoria at me - especially in dresses - I was pretty happy with how it turned out.

Kaywee

Oct 28, 2017
I dont check in that often here anymore but I have been busy as of late and have some good news to share. I got gender confirmation surgery last week and despite the pain I am happy.

Etain

Oct 25, 2017
Congrats Kaywee! It's a step I'm not entirely sure I can go through with, but mostly because I want to make sure it's done right.

Aine

May 27, 2019
Yo, nice to meet you all as an nb newbie! ^ ^ I haven't gotten to meet and make friends with others like me, but I'm hoping to change that by taking my first steps, here.

BadAlchemy

May 2, 2019
Sorry y'all I need to vent. It just sucks so hard whenever I run into a trans person out and about and the dysphoria hits like "what the fuck am I even doing still putting myself on as cis". Also I live in Portland so I meet trans people all the goddamn time. Is that a trans First World Problem? Probably, I used to live in the Midwest and I don't anymore for very good reasons.

Deleted member 32804

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Nov 13, 2017
How long on HRT does it usually take for a MTF person to begin to resemble a female? I'm 11.5 months in and it really seems nothing has changed outside of my chest getting slight development.

Kaywee

Oct 28, 2017
Welcome Blythe
How long on HRT does it usually take for a MTF person to begin to resemble a female? I'm 11.5 months in and it really seems nothing has changed outside of my chest getting slight development.

Results vary for individuals because of genetics. I think it can take up to five years for all changes to set in but I think most are done by 18 months.

If your levels aren't managed well it can take longer. In my case it took longer because I had high levels of T under all blockers but Lupron and that took a while to figure that out.

Etain

Oct 25, 2017
There's going to need be some effort in how you maintain your appearance too I'd think, I'm almost always pegged as male and I think it's the lack of female attire and doing any cosmetics keeps it from really seeming that way. And I definitely need facial hair lasered, the shadow is a persistent bane for me.

Deleted member 203

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There's going to need be some effort in how you maintain your appearance too I'd think, I'm almost always pegged as male and I think it's the lack of female attire and doing any cosmetics keeps it from really seeming that way. And I definitely need facial hair lasered, the shadow is a persistent bane for me.
100%, I got a "young lady" before I was even on HRT when I was wearing makeup. HRT is a piece of the puzzle, but probably not even the most important one

Deleted member 20850

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
HRT alone is probably not enough. Permanent beard removal and voice training and general presentation are usually all important as well in daily live if you want to be seen as female.

It's not impossible for trans women and men to pass before HRT so it's not all hormones by themselves.

Etain

Oct 25, 2017
HRT alone is probably not enough. Permanent beard removal and voice training and general presentation are usually all important as well in daily live if you want to be seen as female.

It's not impossible for trans women and men to pass before HRT so it's not all hormones by themselves.
Yeah, without trying once I got ma'am'd by a cashier once. That left me kinda confused, either there was something to my appearance, at least then, that'd set "girl" bells off I didn't know about, or he had a trans radar that pegged me before I got resolve that well enough internally.

Deleted member 32804

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Nov 13, 2017
Can Progesterone stunt breast growth? I've been told I shouldn't be taking it at the stage I'm at but it was prescribed to me. Unsure what to do there.

Oh also is it safe to wear a corset for an hour a day?

Last edited:

Icemonk191

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hey y'all It's been......one of THOSE pride months so I just want tell you all that you're great and amazing! Be safe out there and hopefully have a great pride month!

Oct 27, 2017
Ireland
I'm rather upset at the moment. I was just updating my backloggery page (it's for keeping track of games) and I got this nasty pm from a person called Aikun. A copy of the pm is in the spoiler. I'm upset and feel like crying, but I don't want to feel this way, I'm going to visit my very supportive sister tomorrow, and we're going to my first pride on the 15th.

I read your profile and here's what I will tell you.

You don't need to deny nature and mutilate your body if you don't feel like one or the other gender. Society looks down on feminine men and masculine women, but they are wrong because nothing is wrong with having a different personality. They are not wrong about looking down on trans-people. You're mutilating your body, wasting money on expensive operations and you are drawn to the clothing that will never fit you. Like it or not, but you cannot change your gender.
You don't say that you're "in love with running nose" if you have a flu. Understand that you are being delusional by trying to change your body. You are thinking that all of your problems will go away when you'll call yourself a different gender, but that's not how it will be.
Not even mentioning that in today's fasion you can wear anything and look normal. You just need to have some taste and figure out what feminine/masculine clothing looks good on you. Dress won't look good on a male because their dresses were designed with females in mind.

With that said, I want you to think seriously about what you're doing. This world is making too big of a deal out of sex, genitals and bodies, and you should be ashamed of yourself for being a part of that process.
Our thinking is not different from our body. Just like our body can get obese, our mind can get obese, too. And you need to fix THAT. Not change genders.

It's okay to be male or female and to not be very manly / feminine. It's not okay to mutilate your body and then demand everyone to accept you. I'm not going to be quiet while you ruin yourself and it has nothing to do with being "tolerant". Just like I will not be quiet when someone stuffs up those burgers every day of the week. It's the exact same thing.

Think, improve. Don't degrade.

Icemonk191

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm rather upset at the moment. I was just updating my backloggery page (it's for keeping track of games) and I got this nasty pm from a person called Aikun. A copy of the pm is in the spoiler. I'm upset and feel like crying, but I don't want to feel this way, I'm going to visit my very supportive sister tomorrow, and we're going to my first pride on the 15th.

You don't need to deny nature and mutilate your body if you don't feel like one or the other gender. Society looks down on feminine men and masculine women, but they are wrong because nothing is wrong with having a different personality. They are not wrong about looking down on trans-people. You're mutilating your body, wasting money on expensive operations and you are drawn to the clothing that will never fit you. Like it or not, but you cannot change your gender.
You don't say that you're "in love with running nose" if you have a flu. Understand that you are being delusional by trying to change your body. You are thinking that all of your problems will go away when you'll call yourself a different gender, but that's not how it will be.
Not even mentioning that in today's fasion you can wear anything and look normal. You just need to have some taste and figure out what feminine/masculine clothing looks good on you. Dress won't look good on a male because their dresses were designed with females in mind.

With that said, I want you to think seriously about what you're doing. This world is making too big of a deal out of sex, genitals and bodies, and you should be ashamed of yourself for being a part of that process.
Our thinking is not different from our body. Just like our body can get obese, our mind can get obese, too. And you need to fix THAT. Not change genders.

It's okay to be male or female and to not be very manly / feminine. It's not okay to mutilate your body and then demand everyone to accept you. I'm not going to be quiet while you ruin yourself and it has nothing to do with being "tolerant". Just like I will not be quiet when someone stuffs up those burgers every day of the week. It's the exact same thing.

First off fuck that asshole. But more importantly remember that you are valid no matter what that piece of shit thinks and that you are a amazing and wonderful person!

Etain

Oct 25, 2017

Sorry you had to go through that. And ew, fuck, some of that logic reminds me of some egg-y denial thoughts I had too, glad those are... matured. Hell I wasn't that far either, I just lamented social expectations for gender between toxic masculinity and chasing women away from "masculine" activities and
how some of us might have felt the need to transition because of them. But nah, not only does it run deeper but we shouldn't need to conform with expectations of our identified genders, no more than we want for ourselves.

Actually I wonder if this person's projecting their own insecurities...

meowdi gras

Feb 24, 2018
What this poster expressed to you is gross and borderline hostile. I felt my disgust rising with each sentence. I hope you reported their ass for transphobic harassment. We certainly don't need the toxicity around here. 👎

Hugs

Deleted member 20850

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

That either is a closeted trans person in hardcore denial or just another TERF. I am sorry you had to read that.

It's just transphobia. That message in particular seems to be designed to make you feel bad and try to stop you from going along with your transition. Remember that doing just that and being happy will hurt that person back far more than anything else you can do.

Someone transitioning and being happy with it is likely that persons greatest fear seeing as they spend their free time messaging that junk in private to people they think are trans. Also likely they send that message to every trans person they find word for word.

Zellia

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Imagine being that shit of a person you send that kind of smug, transphobic nonsense to random people over the internet.

Sorry you had to go through that, stronginthearm. Does backloggery have a function to report abuse?

Deleted member 6223

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hello all, just a radom who has posted here once before. Thinking back right now on the fact it's been 3 years since I started E and grateful for that at least.

That POS can flock the hell off. I am so sorry you got that vile message. Know that you're supported here.

Deleted member 56909

Banned
May 21, 2019
underwater
Recently stopped by the doctors yesterday for my three month visit and they were telling me that Spiro is apperently garbage after a recent study just flat out said most people who reach regulatory estro levels will just produce the stuff naturally. So I'm trying to cut my Spiro and half to see. And since the doctor was the one who sanctioned it I'm curious to see the results from 100-50 mg

BadAlchemy

May 2, 2019
Hi. Apologies if this is inappropriate, but it's been a long week and I wanted to express some thoughts about the seemingly neverending flow of people who feel compelled to argue at length on the Internet, and ERA in particular, that I am who they say I am and not who I say I am. Spoiler tag because while I try to stay positive I also have to address where I've come from, which is not necessarily a happy place.

An Open Letter To Self-Identified "Trans Skeptics"

Hi. There sure are a lot of you, aren't there? Boy, you sure seem to have a lot to say. I can't say I've read most of it, because there are a lot of us, too, and every time somebody catches on to what it is you're actually saying that saves the rest of us the trouble of listening.

It's frustrating, isn't it, to not be listened to?

As much as I'd like to say I can't understand why my being who I am is such a challenge to you, a problem you feel like you need to solve... well, maybe I have an inkling. I grew up being taught the same kind of stuff you are talking. Pretty much everyone my age was. That's, really, one of the reasons I don't pay attention to what you're saying. All of us have heard everything you're saying before. Most of us have told ourselves some of your same arguments. If we're "out", it's because we came to accept how futile and pointless those arguments, those criticisms are, long before you ever came along to open your mouth.

But as I'm not listening to you, I don't know what your exact problem with me is. Here is what I do know: It is _your_ problem. And that, you know, that's the part about you I don't understand. Do you really think the solution to your problems is to try and change me? Do you really believe you can argue away who I am?

That trick doesn't work anymore. It worked in the past. It worked on me, absolutely. I was alone, isolated, self-loathing. I know how that feels, and I understand now that it is wrong, absolutely wrong, to set out to make anybody feel that way.

Challenging one's own beliefs is difficult work. Please understand, though, the cost of not doing that work. Please understand what you are giving up. The people here, the people I know and choose to have in my life - they are kind and compassionate. They respect me, they celebrate my liberation. Do you have that in your life? Do the people you associate with treat you in that way?

I accept myself as worthy. I honor and love myself. The only way I was able to do that was by recognizing the value in other people. Not necessarily queer people. A lot of my role models are cis women. I don't know who or what you are, but no matter what that is, I will absolutely guarantee this: You have nothing of value to lose by accepting me for who I am.