• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Ambitious

Oct 26, 2017
Having real hair is great. But it's not everything. If you go on HRT and use something like rogaine you might see some regrowth. And if that is not enough, there is always wigs. Or extention like thingies if there is enough hair to work with.

When I bought my wig the hairstylist showed me quite a few options. All while seeing my half bald head and thinking I was a cis woman.

Please don't lose hope.

It's hard. It's just so hard. I know so many trans women, both offline and online. And with the exception of one, all of them have beautiful, real hair. But not me.

Deleted member 20850

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
It's hard. It's just so hard. I know so many trans women, both offline and online. And with the exception of one, all of them have beautiful, real hair. But not me.

Are you counting me?

Even 40% of cis women have visible hair loss by the age of 40. That would explain why there's wig shops for them everywhere.

I can totally relate to wanting real hair. To the point I delayed my transition. But you seem to be really fixated on it and I hope you can find a way to approach all of this that works for you and makes you happy.

Ambitious

Oct 26, 2017
I had my first electrolysis session for the genital area today. I thought the upper lip was bad, but the genital area is fucking hellish. I don't think I can go through with this.

Are you counting me?

Even 40% of cis women have visible hair loss by the age of 40. That would explain why there's wig shops for them everywhere.

I can totally relate to wanting real hair. To the point I delayed my transition. But you seem to be really fixated on it and I hope you can find a way to approach all of this that works for you and makes you happy.

But I'm just 29.. and I'm not a cis woman..
Yes, I'm indeed totally fixated on it. But it's understandable, is it not? 😞

OniLinkPlus

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I was recently (several months ago) approved by my insurance for electrolysis, but the list of companies they actually cover is rather... small. Contacted all of them asking about setting up some appointments before I move, but after numerous attempts I got a big fat nothing. No response, through any of their contact methods. The only person who did pick up broke down crying when I asked about setting up an appointment, saying they're booked out through the next 6 months doing 60 hour weeks.

...so i guess i'm not getting electrolysis then, considering time is out and i move in a month

was hoping to get this dealt with before i head back to college, out of my insurance's coverage range

Ambitious

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, wouldn't recommend it. At least it isn't necessary for grs.

There's some hope, though.
The person who does it has an arrangement with a dentist not far from her studio. If customers can't handle the pain, they can go to the dentist to have their upper lip anesthetized. That way, pain-free electrolysis is possible for about two hours.

She mentioned that she might have found an anesthetist who would be willing to anesthetize other party of the body as well - the genital area, for instance. I hope this works out..

Boddy

User Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There's some hope, though.
The person who does it has an arrangement with a dentist not far from her studio. If customers can't handle the pain, they can go to the dentist to have their upper lip anesthetized. That way, pain-free electrolysis is possible for about two hours.

She mentioned that she might have found an anesthetist who would be willing to anesthetize other party of the body as well - the genital area, for instance. I hope this works out..
Best of luck!
I know the pain of hair removal in the face, don't even want to think about other parts.

Anyway, I'm currently working on changing my birth certificate as well as gathering all the paperwork I need for GRS.
Very glad I'm finally getting the ball rolling on these things, but it's also pretty stressful.
Really hoping to get GRS next year if at all possible.

How About No

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Great Dairy State
I was recently (several months ago) approved by my insurance for electrolysis, but the list of companies they actually cover is rather... small. Contacted all of them asking about setting up some appointments before I move, but after numerous attempts I got a big fat nothing. No response, through any of their contact methods. The only person who did pick up broke down crying when I asked about setting up an appointment, saying they're booked out through the next 6 months doing 60 hour weeks.

...so i guess i'm not getting electrolysis then, considering time is out and i move in a month

was hoping to get this dealt with before i head back to college, out of my insurance's coverage range
Oh dear that is rough 🙁

Deleted member 203

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I came out at work yesterday and it was such a good experience, I feel stupid for waiting so long. I'm finally out in all aspects of my life now and it feels incredibly liberating. I'm all set to go ahead with the official name/gender change, I just need to prepare all the administrative work I'm gonna have to do, changing all my documents, contracts, insurances, etc. Not looking forward to that part.

Lady Justice

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Congratulations 🎊
The documents are not as bad. It's a bit of a footwork and a bit of time.
I'm in prepartion mode for my surgery. I've been in a hospital for longer than a few hours, so mind goes a bit gaga.
They also moved up the date by a couple of days. The big day is October 21st.
Funny thing on October 18th in 2017 I started HRT, on October 18th 2018 I had my court date for the legal name and gender change. And now just 3 days apart in 2019 I having my gender affirming surgery
😄
Life is sometimes just amazing

Ambitious

Oct 26, 2017
I had the second session with my new therapist yesterday. I teared up three times, and all three times it was tears of joy. I'm so happy to have found her.

She said she's convinced I'm under the transgender umbrella, which I still had my doubts about. I even had to ask her to repeat it because it made me so happy.
My previous therapist, which I still see because of my social issues, would absolutely never ever say something like that. She avoids affirming statements altogether.

Boddy

User Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I got my birth certificate changed today! Getting a new passport soon as well
The way I did it is a bit of legal loophole, but it worked without a problem.
Normally it would be a long and expensive process, this way it takes almost no time or money at all
Congratulations 🎊
The documents are not as bad. It's a bit of a footwork and a bit of time.
I'm in prepartion mode for my surgery. I've been in a hospital for longer than a few hours, so mind goes a bit gaga.
They also moved up the date by a couple of days. The big day is October 21st.
Funny thing on October 18th in 2017 I started HRT, on October 18th 2018 I had my court date for the legal name and gender change. And now just 3 days apart in 2019 I having my gender affirming surgery
😄
Life is sometimes just amazing
That's awesome, best of luck.
Where are you going if you don't mind me asking?
I'm currently working on the paperwork for my GRS. The surgeon I want (Markowski) doesn't have a very long waitng list, so hopefuly it's my turn before too long.
I had the second session with my new therapist yesterday. I teared up three times, and all three times it was tears of joy. I'm so happy to have found her.

She said she's convinced I'm under the transgender umbrella, which I still had my doubts about. I even had to ask her to repeat it because it made me so happy.
My previous therapist, which I still see because of my social issues, would absolutely never ever say something like that. She avoids affirming statements altogether.
Glad you found such a good therapist.
I would never tell if someone is or isn't trans (that's up to the person in question to decied), but rather point out how similar thier experinece is to many trans people.

Ambitious

Oct 26, 2017
Glad you found such a good therapist.
I would never tell if someone is or isn't trans (that's up to the person in question to decied), but rather point out how similar thier experinece is to many trans people.

It wasn't a "You're trans", but a "Considering everything you told me so far, I'm convinced you're trans". She also compared me to other trans people as well as crossdressers to point out similarities with the former and differences to the latter.

Lady Justice

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
That's awesome, best of luck.
Where are you going if you don't mind me asking?
I'm currently working on the paperwork for my GRS. The surgeon I want (Markowski) doesn't have a very long waitng list, so hopefuly it's my turn before too long.
I'm getting it done with Dr. Schaff. And despite everybody saying his waiting list is so long, I got my date less than half a year after I got the ok from my insurance company.

Boddy

User Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm getting it done with Dr. Schaff. And despite everybody saying his waiting list is so long, I got my date less than half a year after I got the ok from my insurance company.
Would like to go to Schaff, but I'm starting an apprenticeship soonm which means that I'm not very flexiable with the appoiment.A
I defiently want to get it done next year, because in 2021 I have my final exams, which would be really horrible timing.

Lady Justice

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Would like to go to Schaff, but I'm starting an apprenticeship soonm which means that I'm not very flexiable with the appoiment.A
I defiently want to get it done next year, because in 2021 I have my final exams, which would be really horrible timing.
I'm in school and he wanted to give me a date before my Finals. I told him and he gave me one three weeks after my Finals.
He is, or at least was to me, super nice, very understanding and made everything as easy as possible.

Boddy

User Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
OniLinkPlus Thanks, I'm very happy and relived that I got my transtion stuff out of the way for now.
Was kind of stressing me out.

Woylie

May 9, 2018
Hi! Haven't posted here before since I didn't even realize there was a trans thread.

I'm Molly (she/her) - coming up on almost a year of HRT, and coincidentally, my first birthday since transitioning! Nice to meet all of you.

Last edited:

Ambitious

Oct 26, 2017
One more update.. I decided to stop with electrolysis for my beard for the time being.

We made a lot of progress. The hair on my upper lip is very, very thin now. I estimate it would be gone in 4-5 more sessions. But here's the thing.. even though I have zero intention to ever grow a beard, I would at least like to have the option to do so. Where I'm at right now, I won't ever do a transition. I still live two genders, and this probably won't change anytime soon. I don't want to grow a beard now, but what if I change my mind in the future? It's unlikely, but possible.

I'm still going there to have my upper body treated. The hair around and between the nipples. Luckily, I don't have much breast hair. As for the genital area.. shit, I don't know what to do. The pain is just too much. I will give it another try with a local anaesthesia lotion, but if it still hurts too much, I have to give up.

Driggonny

Oct 26, 2017
Hey, it's been awhile, I think I posted once or twice awhile back. So, my doctor moved me to shots for my estrogen to see if we could get the number up and I took my first shot last night. At first I felt pretty good, and then within a few hours I had one of the worst breakdowns I've had in years.

I just want to make sure that that's a normal reaction to taking estrogen through a shot? Google isn't really helping me. I hope this doesn't happen every time or I'm gonna have to sleep immediately after taking the shot or something.

Woylie

May 9, 2018
Hey, it's been awhile, I think I posted once or twice awhile back. So, my doctor moved me to shots for my estrogen to see if we could get the number up and I took my first shot last night. At first I felt pretty good, and then within a few hours I had one of the worst breakdowns I've had in years.

I just want to make sure that that's a normal reaction to taking estrogen through a shot? Google isn't really helping me. I hope this doesn't happen every time or I'm gonna have to sleep immediately after taking the shot or something.

I've been doing estradiol injections for maybe 7 or 8 months now (was on patches before that and they just didn't work for me) - the large surge of estrogen can definitely lead to mood swings, but I would wait to get your blood work back in a month or two to see how your levels are. For me, my estrogen was way higher than it should have been, so I had to reduce my dosage a little bit which definitely reduced the mood swinginess for me. But don't do any dosage changes without consulting your doctor first!

At the higher dose, I actually kind of enjoyed the beginning of the cycle (weekly) where my estrogen was super high and I had a ton of energy, but the last two days or so where my estrogen was tapering off for the week just made me really depressed and it wasn't worth it. My mood still fluctuates with my cycle, but it's more stable now than at the beginning, which could also just be my body getting used to the new hormone levels.

Driggonny

Oct 26, 2017
I've been doing estradiol injections for maybe 7 or 8 months now (was on patches before that and they just didn't work for me) - the large surge of estrogen can definitely lead to mood swings, but I would wait to get your blood work back in a month or two to see how your levels are. For me, my estrogen was way higher than it should have been, so I had to reduce my dosage a little bit which definitely reduced the mood swinginess for me. But don't do any dosage changes without consulting your doctor first!

At the higher dose, I actually kind of enjoyed the beginning of the cycle (weekly) where my estrogen was super high and I had a ton of energy, but the last two days or so where my estrogen was tapering off for the week just made me really depressed and it wasn't worth it. My mood still fluctuates with my cycle, but it's more stable now than at the beginning, which could also just be my body getting used to the new hormone levels.
Yeahhhhh, now that I'm part of the way through the week I'm still having mood swings, but they're less extreme. But also my highs aren't as good. Just more even overall. I am eager to do my next shot lol

GamerJM

Nov 8, 2017
I feel like I'm at a point where I don't know how to continue. I've worn girl clothes in private a few times and I like it....a lot....like I can't stop looking at pics of me in a dress seriously I'm over the moon looking at these ugggh. But also I'm still really unsure. But I don't really know how to be....more sure? I've read so many things, had so many thoughts, and idk if I want to transition or not. It feels like there's no way I'll ever decide, like I'm doomed to this permanent state of "I don't know". I have a therapist and it seems like a decision I ultimately have to make for myself. I'm also not in a living situation where I can really transition, and I'm not on a career path where I'll be able to afford moving outside of this living situation in the next several years.......so yeah idk what to do.

Osu 16 Bit

QA Lead at NetherRealm Studios
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago, IL
I feel like I'm at a point where I don't know how to continue. I've worn girl clothes in private a few times and I like it....a lot....like I can't stop looking at pics of me in a dress seriously I'm over the moon looking at these ugggh. But also I'm still really unsure. But I don't really know how to be....more sure? I've read so many things, had so many thoughts, and idk if I want to transition or not. It feels like there's no way I'll ever decide, like I'm doomed to this permanent state of "I don't know". I have a therapist and it seems like a decision I ultimately have to make for myself. I'm also not in a living situation where I can really transition, and I'm not on a career path where I'll be able to afford moving outside of this living situation in the next several years.......so yeah idk what to do.

I'm pretty sure no one is ever actually 100% sure. You just push forward and see where it takes you. I haven't been 100% sure with any step I've taken, each one is an endless cycle of anxiety and questioning if I'm ready, then doing it and liking it and it becomes the new normal, then I move to another milestone. I don't know what to tell you about your living/work situation, I'm fortunate I didn't have to deal with that, but try not to let uncertainty hold you back. Remember, most milestones are not actually permanent.

vhoanox

Oct 25, 2017
Vietnam
Everything in my life goes up in flames. Im just so tired. I think maybe its time to stop. I just cant continue this life.

TheOther

Jan 10, 2019
Texas
I will be outing myself at work tomorrow. The last place I'm still closeted.

I have the email written up and a couple people like what I have written.

Here we go...

Lady Justice

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Fingers crossed and good luck. It will all work out.
I check into the hospital on Sunday and my surgery is on Monday. Really excited, but also pretty nervous. Never had any surgery done.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
For future use, threw this together so we can at least have some fun whenever the usual stuff comes up.

dnebmj5n.png

Last edited:

Icemonk191

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
For future use, threw this together so we can at least have some fun whenever the usual stuff comes up.

dnebmj5n.png
I don't know where you could put it (and it's probably to long) but I think the only thing missing is a "Has been corrected but still gets mad when people call them out for their early uninformed hot take"

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
I don't know where you could put it (and it's probably to long) but I think the only thing missing is a "Has been corrected but still gets mad when people call them out for their early uninformed hot take"
This is one I had but split in two as it ended up a mix of two other irritants:
  • Coming in uninformed and being corrected (left of pride)
  • Person called out playing the victim (bottom right)
I know exactly what you mean though. Asking why we're being so hostile and mean after coming in hot, insulting the thread and being corrected. Let me know if you think the above encompasses it, otherwise can change one to be the full.

Icemonk191

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is one I had but split in two as it ended up a mix of two other irritants:
  • Coming in uninformed and being corrected (left of pride)
  • Person called out playing the victim (bottom right)
I know exactly what you mean though. Asking why we're being so hostile and mean after coming in hot, insulting the thread and being corrected. Let me know if you think the above encompasses it, otherwise can change one to be the full.
No your explanation makes sense. It's tiring to see the same exact shit in every thread about trans folks so it's nice that we can have a little fun with this.

Nov 28, 2017
Sweden
Hi. I have a question for those who are out. Just out of curiosity; feel free to ignore. When you came out, was there anything a friend did (or you wish they had done) that you (would have) really appreciated? Other than just, you know, continue being your friend. And conversely, was there anything someone did that you wish they hadn't, even if well intentioned?

Blairbat

Oct 29, 2017
Sacramento, California
Hi. I have a question for those who are out. Just out of curiosity; feel free to ignore. When you came out, was there anything a friend did (or you wish they had done) that you (would have) really appreciated? Other than just, you know, continue being your friend. And conversely, was there anything someone did that you wish they hadn't, even if well intentioned?
Not when I came out but for me, it was rather that they found out via my Instagram that I was transgender from a comment I made saying I was. What I appreciate is the fact they never bring it up, and that their treatment towards me hasn't changed...at all. I can't answer your other question because I got nada, which I guess is a good thing in a way XD