• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

SweetNicole

The Old Guard
Oct 24, 2017
Welcome to the official thread for TransERA!

This thread's purpose is to serve the transgender community on ResetEra and those outside of the gender binary. Anyone is welcome, but please be respectful to all members. One of the goals of this forum is to be an open and inclusive community for everyone. No one should feel afraid to participate here. There is a zero-tolerance policy for any kind of hate speech; transphobic posts will result in a permanent ban. We have members of the staff who will be keeping a close eye on this thread to make sure it remains a clean and welcoming space for everyone.

As an aside, please keep in mind that this website and thread is visible to anyone on the internet whether they have an account or not. Be careful with any personal details you share here such as photos as they may be used for malicious purposes. If you have an instance in which you feel it necessary to share personal details with someone but do not wish to do so publically, feel free to reach out to one of the staff that is actively involved in this community:
We have a Discord server set up for the members of this community who identify as transgender, non-binary, or are questioning in some way. We're a supportive community that likes to talk about our day to day lives and just generally hang out, while also supporting each other with any trans or mental health related needs by pulling from our own experiences and journeys. For the privacy and comfort of our members, we do keep invites private, so if you'd like to join, please contact one of the staff members listed above.

Helpful resources:

Last edited by a moderator:
Oct 24, 2017
Let's do this. Hey everyone! As an aside: I am entirely open to answering any questions you may have about being transgender or related to trans issues. Whether you are cis, trans, non-binary, or however you may identify, I'm always open to a respectful conversation.

Ana

⛧ Vampire ⛧
Oct 24, 2017
Hello! I too am available if anyone has questions or needs help with anything. We are here for you!

Boddy

User Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hi, I'm a trans woman that her coming-out about a week ago.
I'm planning to tell it my family and gf next week. Halloween was, is and never will be this scary again.

Last edited:
OP
OP
SweetNicole

SweetNicole

The Old Guard
Oct 24, 2017
Hi everyone!

I wanted to remind y'all that there is a report button now so if you see content that is transphobic (or borderline transphobic) don't be afraid to hit that report button. It goes right to a moderator's view who will take care of it.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Carefull with what you share ?
Last time that I shared a youtube video I made here the transphobes made it be the most viewed video on our channel xD

Here is a video of me and some friends (i am the meh passing trans woman on the right) playing the first game made on Ubisoft São Paulo (a game that is basicaly phoenix wright meets layton made by people who are now working on blizzard)

Give me views, transphobes ! =D

Small trivia : this is the first portuguese spoken direct feed video of the game on youtube and possibly the best captured video of it =P

Oct 27, 2017
Ireland
Hello! I'm trans too (FtM). I haven't told anyone I know irl yet as I want to lose some weight before I start changing anything. Don't want them saying I hate my body just because of the weight. I even have a name picked out though and I'm looking into finding a therapist to talk to (hopefully they can also help with the social anxiety I have).

Ellyshia

Oct 27, 2017
Hi! I was a long-time lurker/junior in the old site. I never had the courage to speak up about who I was and I think I wasn't ready to share that aspect of my life. But when I first had the revelation 3 years ago about what was "wrong" with me, the first thing I did was jump on the TransGAF thread and read it from first post to most recent over the course of 2 days. Listening to all of these other people's stories, their trials and good times and bad, it made everything feel so real. And it really helped me to cope with my own emotions and feelings. It honestly kept me grounded and stopped me from feeling like I was absolutely crazy, alone, or worse.

Anyways, it's nice to meet all of you!

Robin

Restless Insomniac
Oct 25, 2017
Hey everyone! I'm Robin, a few of you might know me as one of the discord mods =). I'm a 28 year old poly-pan transwoman just trying to get by. I've been on HRT for a little over two years, really feel like I'm hitting my stride now and being the boss binch I know I'm supposed to be. I posted a few times in the OT at the old place, but it never seemed very active, so let's change that!

I just got a new job offer and am looking forward to starting it up on November 7th. I have no clue if I stealth'd it or if they're just way way chill. Either way, feels good! I started my last job in the closet and when I transitioned no one ever got pronouns right / it was a total mess, so I'm really looking forward to starting things off right this time!

Anyway, konichiwa binches!

Last edited:

Etain

Oct 25, 2017
Oh, wow, this exists now.

Still kind of in limbo, but short of a severely poor reaction to HRT I'm transfeminine, wanting to be what I'd feel to be a boyish girl. For now I'm waiting on a endo visit that would be in... January.

Robin

Restless Insomniac
Oct 25, 2017
Oh, wow, this exists now.

Still kind of in limbo, but short of a severely poor reaction to HRT I'm transfeminine, wanting to be what I'd feel to be a boyish girl. For now I'm waiting on a endo visit that would be in... January.

Ooph, what a wait. What country do you live in? I've heard there's a huge wait in the UK but if you're in the states maybe you could find something that does walk-ins or an earlier appointment?

Lady Justice

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Hi I was part of the community in the old place . German Transwoman, just started HRT two weeks ago. Took me longer then I wanted to get to this point, because of some private issues.
Always willing to listen, support and just chat.
Oh, by the way my name is Justine

Xan

Oct 27, 2017
Hello all. Nonbinary, transfeminine here. Started hormones two months ago. I'd like to come out properly, but talking to people is hard, and I'm not sure that many of the people I do talk to understand it. So I'm currently in a strange state between "out" and "not out" like I'm Schrodinger's queer.

Boddy

User Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I can alreadly tell that I'm probably going to me a very feminine trans woman, like obnoxiously feminine.
Hi I was part of the community in the old place . German Transwoman, just started HRT two weeks ago. Took me longer then I wanted to get to this point, because of some private issues.
Always willing to listen, support and just chat.
Oh, by the way my name is Justine
Nice to meet another german trans woman here. Mind telling me where you live (in privat of course)?
I already picked a new name, but nobody knows that yet.

Llyrwenne

Hopes and Dreams SAVE the World
Oct 26, 2017
Hmmmm hi again. o/
I didn't post much in the old community, but might as well provide an update;
I finally started HRT about a month ago, and even though I can't really say it had any effects yet, it just feels good to finally have started it. ^w^
I also got my name and gender sorted out on my ID. Didn't run into any issues during that process thankfully.

Etain

Oct 25, 2017
Ooph, what a wait. What country do you live in? I've heard there's a huge wait in the UK but if you're in the states maybe you could find something that does walk-ins or an earlier appointment?
I think it's because I was referred to a UC San Diego endo. I should call to see if there were openings and may go to my GP too. And I'm really poor and depending on MediCal, otherwise I'd just go to Plannef Parenthood or something.

srhltmr

User Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Texas
Never thought I'd be posting in a thread like this.

Once I drop weight and get to a size I'm comfortable with I will be going to Planned Parenthood and starting HRT to transition to being a woman full-time with the support of my wife.

Etain

Oct 25, 2017

Once I drop weight and get to a size I'm comfortable with I will be going to Planned Parenthood and starting HRT to transition to being a woman full-time with the support of my wife.
I dunno if I could say that "I never thought I'd do this" but I lurked the original thread since it's inception or near enough and just kept trying to bury it. "It's not that bad so I'm not really trans or trans enough" "the disadvantages aren't worth it" "I'm confusing dysphoria with attraction"... yet I still come around to this basic desire that it'd feel nice to just be a girl, a woman. Granted things like girly girl stuff tends to put me off, but the right mix of boyishness with girlyness is not just appealing but... empowering feeling?

I've still got layers of suppression to work through that, that's the problem I suspect with both being very shy and sort of knowing about this for forever but not wanting to alienate anyone or feeling you aren't "good enough." I wish you better luck on that front, especially as you have a supporting loved one!

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Hello! I'm trans too (FtM). I haven't told anyone I know irl yet as I want to lose some weight before I start changing anything. Don't want them saying I hate my body just because of the weight. I even have a name picked out though and I'm looking into finding a therapist to talk to (hopefully they can also help with the social anxiety I have).

Here is a tip : don't wait.

You will thank me later

Oct 26, 2017
the rooftops.
Hi TransEra,

I'm a 37 y/o trans woman, hrt ~3yrs. I'm glad this thread is here and it's nice to see usernames I recognize.

I'm guilty of lurking the old trans thread (a lot) but never posting. Your stories have helped me cope with my life. It's has been a rough journey for me *violins*

I hope to participate more this time around, heh. o/

AliGalactic

Oct 27, 2017
Hello TransERA! I'm a thirty-six year old trans-AF-woman and have now been on HRT for about 6 months. SO glad to see a Trans community thread here on ResetERA. Was a frequent poster on the other forums trans thread back in the day though some... dark times... put the kibosh on that. I look forward to getting to know you all!

Last edited:

Boddy

User Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I watched a few videos about trans people on youtube. They are very helpful, but they also really trigger my dysphoria.
This is rough. It reminds of having an medical overdose.

Llyrwenne

Oct 26, 2017
Honestly, my concern is the blood work and not the weight.
I'll echo what Platy said;
The doctor will tell you if you need to lose weight or if something else comes up in your blood. I see no downside to going in now, as you'll either get to hear that it's fine and be able to start soon, or hear what specifically is wrong and be able to work more effectively towards a solution. I fully support you if you want to do it at your own pace, but I should also mention that for many, the wait becomes harder as it becomes longer...

srhltmr

User Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Texas
I'll echo what Platy said;
The doctor will tell you if you need to lose weight or if something else comes up in your blood. I see no downside to going in now, as you'll either get to hear that it's fine and be able to start soon, or hear what specifically is wrong and be able to work more effectively towards a solution. I fully support you if you want to do it at your own pace, but I should also mention that for many, the wait becomes harder as it becomes longer...
thanks for the advice. I did message Platy that I have made my appointment for next Friday.

LastPaige

Oct 25, 2017
Hey everybody. Didn't see this until now but I'm super happy it exists. If there's anyone here from the old community I want to thank you. I couldn't be a part of it but reading through it really helped me come to terms with the fact that I was trans.

So really, thanks if you shared before.

Koupen

Oct 25, 2017
Hey folks.

I'm a trans woman living in Japan, I went through the whole process here and have been on HRT for 6 months now. Not really the type to post much but I'll be around most likely.

maritroniuity

Oct 29, 2017
Coalinga, CA
Hey TransEra

I'm 34 and have been on HRT for nearly eight months(lunar calendar). Very glad to see a community here for us. I have been out for over a year and a half and I do not regret it.

Robin

Restless Insomniac
Oct 25, 2017
Hey everybody. Didn't see this until now but I'm super happy it exists. If there's anyone here from the old community I want to thank you. I couldn't be a part of it but reading through it really helped me come to terms with the fact that I was trans.

So really, thanks if you shared before.

Hey folks.

I'm a trans woman living in Japan, I went through the whole process here and have been on HRT for 6 months now. Not really the type to post much but I'll be around most likely.

Hey TransEra

I'm 34 and have been on HRT for nearly eight months(lunar calendar). Very glad to see a community here for us. I have been out for over a year and a half and I do not regret it.

Hey y'all! Welcome to the club!

In my own mundane trans life, ran out of Estrodial and the health insurance for my new job hasn't kicked in yet ~_~

Oct 25, 2017
What's up?

My name is Juniper (I go by June), and I am a 28-year-old trans woman living in Arkansas. I came out, started HRT, and began presenting as female full-time 3 years ago. I am openly trans because I don't give a SHIT, and because I've practically given up on training my voice to sound more feminine because goddammit it's so hard. D:

I also happen to be a lover of all things cute and girly. Dresses, makeup, glitter, romances, the color pink, getting in touch with my emotions, you name it! ^.^

Boddy

User Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm coming out to my family and gf tomorrow.
Already I'm very affraid, but I'm not plan on wussing out.Wish me luck!

Ok girl, you can do this.

Llyrwenne

Oct 26, 2017

Go kick some ass! <3

I'm Robin btw. o/
My gf calls me Tori though, as in Japanese for bird. A Robin is a bird too so that works out. ^w^

loquaciousJenny

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Yay, I was sad when all the other communities were reforming except us, while I'm not eloquent enough to make the thread myself, I'm happy to see someone did it c:

Last edited:

Kurri

Oct 26, 2017
Heyo everyone!

21 y/o, Non-binary transfem (she/her/they)

Haven't started anything yet. Gotta focus on losing weight at the moment, then eventually maybe find a Planned Parenthood or non-gatekeeping therapist if I really must. I should probably start focusing on training my voice too.

LastPaige

Oct 25, 2017

I'm no expert in any of this, all I've done is come out to people close to me. But one thing I did learn was it's okay to not rush if it's overwhelming you. It can be pretty draining telling a single person let alone your whole family and partner.

So I believe in you, but it's okay if you need to tackle it one person at a time.

I really hope this doesn't sound like I'm being negative. Just trying to help with what little experience I have.

All that said, you got this. Just go at your own pace, however fast or slow that may be. You know yourself far better than I do. We've never even talked after all, hi I'm Paige nice to meet you :p

Dai101

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Hey everyone, longtime lurker and supporter/ally from the old community.

I'm not a trans person, not even fall in the LGBT+ spectrum. Just a regular cis male that wants equality for all, and will fight for it, for your rights and everything.

Wish all of you the best.

Studge

Oct 25, 2017
Hey everyone, longtime lurker and supporter/ally from the old community.

I'm not a trans person, not even fall in the LGBT+ spectrum. Just a regular cis male that wants equality for all, and will fight for it, for your rights and everything.

Wish all of you the best.
Same here, some of you may remember me from before as Brian Griffin. I learned SO much from reading and posting in that thread so it's great to see this one.

lake

Oct 27, 2017
Hi. I'm 38, trans/female/queer, HRT 11 yrs. I was on the old forum but mostly lurked in OT.

I feel a bit old around here. It's interesting how the majority of trans women on forums like this and Reddit seem to be recently out, or relatively so. Over time we tend to drift away from the public eye. Which is often a goal, of course, but personally I greatly value having community with other trans people, particularly women. So I still frequent places where we gather.

So much has changed for us in the U.S. in just the decade-and-change since I started my journey. It's remarkable.

Etain

Oct 25, 2017
So much has changed for us in the U.S. in just the decade-and-change since I started my journey. It's remarkable.
Yeah, seriously. Part of why I was shoving away the feelings were that in media there'd be an effeminate AMAB character who may or may not be a trans woman (or may as well be one) or transvestite, and a more boyish or at least not-overly-feminine woman (or hell, some of those too) and I'd feel like I could relate or connect more with them. But hell, trans women are like the latter in real life too, and the fact I feel that way and that I'd like to be them says a lot in and of itself.

Then the male characters I feel I can relate/connect to tend to NOT by hyper masculine type characters and come off as more neutral, or just cooler headed anyway. I have felt like maybe I'm more agender, but it probably is a certain mixture that tilts female that feels like my ideal.

(And if I do come off as meandering too much to some, sorry. I just REALLY like to get these thoughts spilled out, it is a form of release for me.)

lake

Oct 27, 2017
I wanted to come out and start HRT over twelve years ago, but I couldn't find the courage until March of last year. I've known since December 2001.
Ah, well I'm glad you did it now. Myself, I didn't know so early, and didn't start to figure it out till my mid-20s. I like that you remember the month, I do too (May 2005).

Eusis, I remember you from before. I'm glad you decided to hatch. :) And that all seems perfectly on-topic...

Robin

Restless Insomniac
Oct 25, 2017
What's up?

My name is Juniper (I go by June), and I am a 28-year-old trans woman living in Arkansas. I came out, started HRT, and began presenting as female full-time 3 years ago. I am openly trans because I don't give a SHIT, and because I've practically given up on training my voice to sound more feminine because goddammit it's so hard. D:

I also happen to be a lover of all things cute and girly. Dresses, makeup, glitter, romances, the color pink, getting in touch with my emotions, you name it! ^.^

hi! Arkansas must be a tough place to live! Trans and proud whoo!

You can totes mgotes do this, good luck! Remember the answer you get at first might not be the one you want to hear, sometimes it takes time for people to come around and a lot of folks really need to reevaluate what they believe when you come out, my mother was is a super-liberal and all around equal rights LGBT-friendly, but she was shocked and did a lot of crying, it was hard for her.

Go kick some ass! <3

I'm Robin btw. o/
My gf calls me Tori though, as in Japanese for bird. A Robin is a bird too so that works out. ^w^

Two Robins, aaa! I'll use my middle name, I can be Robin Claire, how about that? :3

Heyo everyone!

21 y/o, Non-binary transfem (she/her/they)

Haven't started anything yet. Gotta focus on losing weight at the moment, then eventually maybe find a Planned Parenthood or non-gatekeeping therapist if I really must. I should probably start focusing on training my voice too.

Welcome! It's always a good time to start, weight or not IMO, but you do you and what feels right. I'm two years in, fully out and haven't trained my voice yet ~_~