• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
ii92nthrhsdy3w5wxwpf.jpg

https://io9.gizmodo.com/transformers-meets-ghostbusters-in-this-totally-tubular-1832446901

This is pure 80s distilled into plastic. I love it and I need it. :D

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
Hasbro Pulse has preordres up for some of the new Siege deluxes for only $10 instead of $20. I'm not quite sure how their preorder system works, but I figured I'd give it a go and grab Ironhide and Sixgun.

These are all sold out except for Chromia, which I can't believe they're already releasing another version of. The ghostbusters one is up for 39.99 though. I'm not sure what happens if you order preorders with different release dates, if they hold on to your order until everything is ready or what.

Parisi

Oct 27, 2017
I wonder if this hasbro pulse is now going to replace TRU for US distribution rights to the MP Line...

Oct 27, 2017
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ne...cybertron-animated-series-for-netflix/.143485

I think this goes here?

Netflix announced on Friday that it is partnering with Hasbro and Rooster Teeth (RWBY, gen:LOCK) to produce the War For Cybertron animated series that is slated to debut in 2020. Rooster Teeth is producing the original series based on the Transformers franchise for Netflix, and Polygon Pictures (Transformers: Robots in Disguise, Ajin, Knights of Sidonia) is animating the series.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Huh, I wonder what tone / target audience it will have. There's not a lot of reason to expect anything much better than the pretty mediocre Titans Return stuff, is there?
I'd suggest taking a look at their current series gen:Lock to get an idea of what to expect visually/animation-wise. If they manage to improve for the 2020 that'll be cool. Gen:lock's animation is good IMO.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
I'd suggest taking a look at their current series gen:Lock to get an idea of what to expect visually/animation-wise. If they manage to improve for the 2020 that'll be cool. Gen:lock's animation is good IMO.

I don't much care about visuals. I mean, Transformers Animated is probably my favorite TF series. :D The visuals in Titan Return were perfectly fine to me, it's the simplistic, barely-there plot that made me check out.
(granted, it being visually connected to Windblade / Till All Are One and such might have made me set plot standards that were impossible to meet).

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Oh yeah the story, id agree that that is important. If ot balances their lives during the war+war focus itself it can be an interesting seriss.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
Seriously though, he turns into a street lamp. I think Shockwave unofficially turns into a gun too, doesn't he?

Conrad Link

Oct 29, 2017
New Zealand
Springer looks so cool, sooo happy!

Who knows if he'll ever come out in my country, but for something that cool I'll def be trying to import if nothing else.

Oct 25, 2017
Is 'The IDW Collection' worth getting or am I better off just picking up the volume arcs on their own? The TF wiki says the order within the collection is questionable for some.

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I've preordered the big stuff from the hasbro store. The deluxes and voyagers I stand a chance at getting locally.

Little disappointed after the recent rumors we haven't seen Astrotrain.

Neo0mj

Oct 26, 2017
I never owned these titan class figures so it's always crazy seeing them towering over leader class figures.

Dzje3h8WwAExlSf.jpg:large

Yeah, I mean if you have nostalgia for the colors as well. And that G2 Megs is a perfect example of what I mean. :D

It's kinda messy, but that particular Megatron I think I wouldn't mind being remade. It's why I fell down this dark hole, after all.

Duane

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I'm a little bummed that Springer is bigger than Impactor. Impactor should be Voyager too.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
Recent bumblebee movie news
tenor.gif

I'm assuming this means you saw it, and you liked it? I have to get around to seeing it too.

These are the colours you use when engaging in jungle warfare.

To be fair, the Autobot / Decepticon war was waged in many planets throughout the galaxy; maybe some of them actually had bright neon green vegetation with purple splotches! keanureeveswhoa.gif

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
The movie or the news about how its the start of their movie reboot?

I watched the movie MONTHS ago and am anticipating the bluray release.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
The movie or the news about how its the start of their movie reboot?

I watched the movie MONTHS ago and am anticipating the bluray release.

Oh! You could have linked the news, you know! :D

Excellent news, if not unexpected. The fact that it was more successful than recent Bay movies restores an infinitesimal amount of my faith in mankind.

It makes a lot of sense for Hasbro to double down on the G1 designs, anyway. Lots of crossover / peripheral fandom, with both G1 and movie fans buying movie and CHUG toys. For all their efforts in making an "aligned" continuity, it's odd that they didn't do just that until now.

Last edited:

Duane

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Is there a way to watch Cyberverse online? And how is it?

It's okay. Writing is a little simplistic, the voices are non-union (but not completely bad), it draws pretty heavily from IDW, and there are zero humans. It's better than RiD, but nowhere near the labors of love that preceded it (Animated and Prime).

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
Certain Affinity is working on a potentially AAA TF third-person shooter game with the working title Transformers Online. We'll see what that turns out to be, though.

I feel like there's been a million games called some variation or other of "Transformers Online", and every one of them has been like "cancelled, Asia-only, utter shit: pick at least two".

Keldroc

Oct 27, 2017
I feel like there's been a million games called some variation or other of "Transformers Online", and every one of them has been like "cancelled, Asia-only, utter shit: pick at least two".

True, but this one's being made by a dev that worked on multiplayer for the Halo and COD series. I don't care much about online multiplayer, but I doubt it's going to be a cheapo Asian exclusive.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
Certain Affinity is working on a potentially AAA TF third-person shooter game with the working title Transformers Online. We'll see what that turns out to be, though.

If the working title is Transformers Online it's unlikely it'll be what most of us are looking for.

It's okay. Writing is a little simplistic, the voices are non-union (but not completely bad), it draws pretty heavily from IDW, and there are zero humans. It's better than RiD, but nowhere near the labors of love that preceded it (Animated and Prime).

The art of Animated and Prime turned me off. But thanks. I like the idea of an IDW TF.

Oct 25, 2017
My dad visited and brought some of my toy boxes with Transformers in them. I had some G1 Dinobots and headmasters, app G2 Constructicons, Six Shot, Dreadwing, and miscellanious parts to various combiners from G1 and G2 like Stunticons and Aerialbots.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
True, but this one's being made by a dev that worked on multiplayer for the Halo and COD series. I don't care much about online multiplayer, but I doubt it's going to be a cheapo Asian exclusive.

... which probably means it will be cancelled. :P

I dunno, I've kind of stopped hoping as far as decent TF games are concerned. I have a feeling if Hasbro gave a shit they would just greenlight the sequel to Devastation, or even another game in the Cybertron series. I'll be glad to be proven wrong, but until then the best way not to get disappointed is to expect the worst.

I just dove into the rich and storied past of "Transformers Online", and holy shit:
- Transformers Online, developed by Netdragon. Launched on 2012, abandoned that year.
- Transformers Universe, developed by Jagex. Entered beta in 2014, shut down on January 2015.
- Transformers Online, developed by Tencent. Entered beta in China in 2017, no announced plans for western release.
- Transformers Online, develped by Certain Affinity. Release date TBD.

Between this and Robots in Disguise the 2001 anime / unrelated 2012 comic / unrelated 2015 cartoon, whoever comes up with titles at Hasbro sure has a rich, overflowing imagination. >_>