• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Keldroc

Oct 27, 2017
It is pretty accurate to the cartoon, for better or worse.

oy237Ma.png

Keldroc

Oct 27, 2017
Normally I prefer cartoon accuracy but in this case I can't imagine anyone wants to remember the Japanese BW shows if they can help it.

Oct 25, 2017
I see what y'all mean about the back end of the IDW run just kind of falling off. I got to the Optimus run and it's just so...boring? Everything with Optimus has just been kind of frustrating to me to read. I think I'm going to just finish the Lost Light stuff and call it a day before starting the newest series.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
I see what y'all mean about the back end of the IDW run just kind of falling off. I got to the Optimus run and it's just so...boring? Everything with Optimus has just been kind of frustrating to me to read. I think I'm going to just finish the Lost Light stuff and call it a day before starting the newest series.

That's exactly what I did; I simply couldn't finish the Optimus series, it's a compendium of everything I don't care about in IDW comics (Earth and humans, clumsy power struggle between Optimus and Pyra Magna, writing by the seat of their pants...). I even dislike the art (that "yellow as white" comic nostalgic thing is frankly disgusting to look at).

Oct 25, 2017
That's exactly what I did; I simply couldn't finish the Optimus series, it's a compendium of everything I don't care about in IDW comics (Earth and humans, clumsy power struggle between Optimus and Pyra Magna, writing by the seat of their pants...). I even dislike the art (that "yellow as white" comic nostalgic thing is frankly disgusting to look at).

Ugh the art. It's sucks because some of the more compelling characters are tied to Optimus right now and it's just saddling their story (Arcee mainly).

It seems like the newer one isn't very good either from some quick reading. More of the same meandering

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
Ugh the art. It's sucks because some of the more compelling characters are tied to Optimus right now and it's just saddling their story (Arcee mainly).

It seems like the newer one isn't very good either from some quick reading. More of the same meandering

I mean, without James Roberts or Mairghread Scott's writing, I didn't have any expectations otherwise.

Dongs Macabre

Oct 26, 2017
Optimus Prime is some great stuff. I found it more interesting than Lost Light at least near the end. I love Kei Zama's art, although I guess the colouring takes some getting used to.

The grand reveal felt earned while Lost Light's big reveals felt rushed due to Roberts having to cut it short.

I think Barber is up there with Scott and Roberts when it comes to Transformers writers. IDW really had a great thing going when all three had ongoings.

Oct 25, 2017
Optimus Prime is some great stuff. I found it more interesting than Lost Light at least near the end. I love Kei Zama's art, although I guess the colouring takes some getting used to.

The grand reveal felt earned while Lost Light's big reveals felt rushed due to Roberts having to cut it short.

I think Barber is up there with Scott and Roberts when it comes to Transformers writers. IDW really had a great thing going when all three had ongoings.

I'll give it another go but I just don't care for Optimus personal struggles and the Primes. I also find the Prime line of story telling kind of chaotic. It jumps around a lot more than the lost light arc.

Yams

Oct 25, 2017
Last issue of Lost Light is bittersweet and masterfully done despite it being rushed

RedHoodedOwl

Nov 3, 2017
Silas from Transformers Prime was such a miserable villain but MECH could've been an interesting villainous faction but they were nothing more than Silas' faceless underlings.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Roberts wrote the best Optimus Prime/Orion Pax
a2ozEy9.jpg

2mqYTO0.jpg

tq8CzWE.jpg

Just that single line 'I'll go.' shows how much he cares for his fellow Autobots and wanting to put himself in the line of fire to save them and keep them safe.

...oh and in case you thought Optimus' chest not being damaged by that shot was just a fabrication or just some silly attempt at making Optimus look tough-
nOY29kq.jpg

From Chaos Theory Part 2

Then again it could be that the duo had some low grade guns that don't really hurt much :V

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
Roberts wrote the best Optimus Prime/Orion Pax
a2ozEy9.jpg

2mqYTO0.jpg

tq8CzWE.jpg

Just that single line 'I'll go.' shows how much he cares for his fellow Autobots and wanting to put himself in the line of fire to save them and keep them safe.

...oh and in case you thought Optimus' chest not being damaged by that shot was just a fabrication or just some silly attempt at making Optimus look tough-
nOY29kq.jpg

From Chaos Theory Part 2

Then again it could be that the duo had some low grade guns that don't really hurt much :V

About the last part, I'm not sure I follow. Do you mean Senator Walking Spoiler reinforced his chest with something when he installed the Matrix chamber on him?

Keldroc

Oct 27, 2017
Wait, did Optimus know that his chest was reinforced at the time? I always thought it was dumb that he dropped the gun and let the guy shoot him.

He didn't, but he was a bit of a loose cannon back in the day, his sense of justice writing checks his body had only recently been upgraded to cash. I mean he could probably have taken the shot anyway with minimal damage, he was always pretty tough. But the fact that it doesn't even scratch him is probably significant.

Grimsen

Oct 25, 2017
Finally completed my Potp based earth vehicles combiner team.

I wasn't actively collecting during Combiner Wars, so I bought some KOs for Streetwise and First Aid. They look just fine all stickered up, though.

The only thing I might need is the new Toyhax sticker set for Ricochet.

I call them the Fast Response team, and The combined mode is Firestorm.(shamelessly taken from the internet)

E4T3NeP.jpg

djgaXvT.jpg

GKLDaNt.jpg

iFb7EIl.jpg

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
Bruh the main Transformers book right now is moving waaaay too slow. I wanted it to be slow, but this is ridiculous.

Also, why isn't there a new Transformers game.

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Been waiting on that Apeface. The titan master was no where near enough. Now do Snapdragon (and Scorponok) and I'll be happy.