• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
I love that they gave Apeface a Titan Master even though the line has run out. There's no other Titan Masters in Siege, right?

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
I would prefer a Leader scale Scorponok (or the new Commander class) but he's definitely the next Titan.

I think they've said they would use the same systems in the future for Headmasters and Combiners.

Didn't know about that, that's pretty cool. The combiner joint system is simple but very effective and solid, and the Titan Master joint works so well too.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
Scorponok is a no-win scenario:
- Make him a Titan and (besides the inherent problems of non-combiner Titans, i.e. low complexity-to-size ratio), Zarak either makes for a pin head / pin face, or a giant human.
- Make him a Leader and he looks silly next to Fort Max.

I guess the best solution is to make him a Titan and give him an intermediate headmaster like Cerebros, canon be damned. I mean, the original toy already had most of his head separate to the headmaster, at least this way there's some symmetry with him and Maximus.

Grimsen

Oct 25, 2017
I have no affinity for Apeface, but he looks pretty good. Astrotrain will be mine, though. Don't care about the chopper or the gaudy IH repaint. I'll just get Ratchet.

Dongs Macabre

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah I'm expecting another Predaking type Titan for next year after Omega.

This would be the worst.
I can't think of another character that they could do a Titan for before Scorponok. Maybe Raiden, but I don't know if he's popular enough in the west.
Scorponok is a no-win scenario:
- Make him a Titan and (besides the inherent problems of non-combiner Titans, i.e. low complexity-to-size ratio), Zarak either makes for a pin head / pin face, or a giant human.
- Make him a Leader and he looks silly next to Fort Max.

I guess the best solution is to make him a Titan and give him an intermediate headmaster like Cerebros, canon be damned. I mean, the original toy already had most of his head separate to the headmaster, at least this way there's some symmetry with him and Maximus.
Probably named Zarak, MegaZarak, then Scorponok I guess.

Oct 25, 2017
Siege Astrotrain, Apeface, Spinister, and Crosshairs announced. Crosshairs is an Ironhide recolour but others are new molds.
I'm glad the Scavengers are getting more love even after Spinister lost that poll. I bet Crankcase will show up soon enough.

Oh man I've been waffling on ordering a previous gen Astrotrain, but now I don't have to. I'll probably put Apeface in my "maybe" tier but it does look damn great, same with Spinister.

Neo0mj

Oct 26, 2017
Finally releasing next month. Am I the only one excited for this?

62462450_1274142866083313_8243521668278910976_o.jpg

62207235_1274142806083319_6742201616440492032_o.jpg

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I dropped the new Transformers series after #2. Has it gotten better?

SolidChamp

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I just picked up the Siege Starscream on sale today and man, it's actually a much better looking figure than the photos/video reviews show. Looks great next to Siege Megatron and Soundwave.

Grimsen

Oct 25, 2017
I just picked up the Siege Starscream on sale today and man, it's actually a much better looking figure than the photos/video reviews show. Looks great next to Siege Megatron and Soundwave.

Same, I picked mine up last Tuesday, and I like it a lot. I'll definitely be picking up the repaints, even maybe Redwing.

Grimsen

Oct 25, 2017
This week's finds have actually been freakin sweet!

cRbKSwj.jpg

It just sucks that I haven't even seen the wave 2 battle masters yet.

Parisi

Oct 27, 2017
Amazon delivered my Jetfire yesterday and I am super impressed with the figure....

48175424236_49fb69531c_c.jpg

48175424186_dbfc346936_c.jpg

48175497232_0c623a72c4_c.jpg

I still love that you can change his allegiance....

48175497392_cd4b071b87_c.jpg

48175497322_1e7c95b533_c.jpg

48175424166_ece2435b4a_c.jpg

(EDIT: One thing I forgot to mention, is how bad the instructions are with these figures... I am not sure if its because I haven't purchased a transformer in some years, but when trying to transform this thing, the instructions sometimes point to these little nubs or tabs, but they zoom in so tight on the tab that I have no idea what I am looking at...)

Last edited:

Neo0mj

Oct 26, 2017

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Amazon delivered my Jetfire yesterday and I am super impressed with the figure....

(EDIT: One thing I forgot to mention, is how bad the instructions are with these figures... I am not sure if its because I haven't purchased a transformer in some years, but when trying to transform this thing, the instructions sometimes point to these little nubs or tabs, but they zoom in so tight on the tab that I have no idea what I am looking at...)
I'm surprised at least in the US that the instructions aren't just a QR code linking to a YouTube video.

Wait, that might be better.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
I'm surprised at least in the US that the instructions aren't just a QR code linking to a YouTube video.

Wait, that might be better.

I feel like QR codes still have never taken off in the US... but the instructions have gotten worse. I said it before earlier in the thread but Shockwave is missing steps in his transformation, and the assembling of his spare parts into a flyer is nowhere to be found (same with Reflector and the camera mode, or Soundwave and the lampost mode which is shown only on the box, hidden)

Oct 25, 2017

Not just you. I've been complaining about all my Siege ones. A few joints on mine don't line up great and I think a piece cracked already which sucks.

Oct 26, 2017
Siege is doing great and the new ones look fine, buuuuuut... I seriously am not buying random cool homages anymore. I've been trimming down my shelves and removing characters I don't actually care for, and if I buy someone like Apeface or Spinister they'll just be culled a bit later.

Good to see Crosshairs, hopefully that means Sureshot is coming along. He's the only one I had back then so there's a bit of nostalgia for him. Other randoms that I would get are Needlenose and Quickmix.

Looking forward to the Seacons, I already sold my G1 reissue. Did the same with Omega Supreme, but I probably won't order him online - if I see him locally I'll get him though. Same with Jetfire - I could lose the Henkei version by now.

They're really chugging through the classics. It's impressive how they keep digging for more un-remade characters and I do think Hasbro will, within a few years, have remade everyone. Hopefully that means I can finally quit this. I mean, they might start over and make even cooler versions, but I don't think toy tech is that advanced yet unless you go Masterpiece for everyone.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
We just had an astrotrain and we're getting another one. He's not even someone I'd consider a mainstay, or even someone easy to make a remold of.

Oct 25, 2017
Siege is doing great and the new ones look fine, buuuuuut... I seriously am not buying random cool homages anymore. I've been trimming down my shelves and removing characters I don't actually care for, and if I buy someone like Apeface or Spinister they'll just be culled a bit later.

Good to see Crosshairs, hopefully that means Sureshot is coming along. He's the only one I had back then so there's a bit of nostalgia for him. Other randoms that I would get are Needlenose and Quickmix.

Looking forward to the Seacons, I already sold my G1 reissue. Did the same with Omega Supreme, but I probably won't order him online - if I see him locally I'll get him though. Same with Jetfire - I could lose the Henkei version by now.

They're really chugging through the classics. It's impressive how they keep digging for more un-remade characters and I do think Hasbro will, within a few years, have remade everyone. Hopefully that means I can finally quit this. I mean, they might start over and make even cooler versions, but I don't think toy tech is that advanced yet unless you go Masterpiece for everyone.

I totally get what you're saying. Apeface looks great, but I'm really trying to keep room for some others I really like a lot. Same for Ironhide and Springer, but again I'm waiting to see what else is coming. I'm holding out for a new Windblade and Arcee, and if they do those two I'll probably grab Chromia then.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
I totally get what you're saying. Apeface looks great, but I'm really trying to keep room for some others I really like a lot. Same for Ironhide and Springer, but again I'm waiting to see what else is coming. I'm holding out for a new Windblade and Arcee, and if they do those two I'll probably grab Chromia then.

Generations Arcee is pretty much perfect, though. I can't imagine them making a better version anytime soon, especially with how bad they are with fembots.