• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
5WRePaKJd2rgdw7B35Y2PDFIRMBIe467-Qj7aZTcE1C55R4R3AH3-VLq-eG8HddcgHEW_XtReALK_wDAhCm5r8GbPIT0kzhPJ6fdgbIovAiylN-ooYelXlDT4uuHRaKdz7t-qIkX6nWNyX0mdkjSUMwiG2NdcYUpkLcJBzpdwhrNoUdv3ARm3NB5sbzfoga1kG4eTTZN9hNkFWzt__ZCppK6uJZA7f2GsBspKDJNLlpbmih7_7O1P3KdhLbFXI0xrmB91ZBavfahnuTRvLlQCrm_3z4Uy1IjKEsRGLLxEENZIEoRTvkceTpKZ-d8Bn-MQf2guBNHgS5PpH4G26Or00IgYSJpKvOaEOEmiMQ2qPeyMVHHaJSvtYJBn1MVKzVbZePll910Kh1oplcA3KwaNb_9iRCxpOfHQAS6zxLE8ny-lFGKvl0x8YIRuP8Eimgkbs6UJmRpDUSsqPw4UqKMJR6Go2dRrnHOYS7UsNNzfQjgkyQkcBZC4xnpnnDom_w4-BHkkZ2_P7jguLGM-rWQ4DSZoqZEek65iAvEimEFVYlw8ECCZJ4GvcEPMG8g635Ra1h-ciogINfyUQIbON6r3Z0zyTgZ75mIzrfzI3XEG_arF8EAjY4GbUMCuv6kYsBXJY25-oo6TVnfi6kxrsNxFzvUb6Z0IWDT5o2sZp6Vv0DK1mMJqOQ08vEvoEN4jUyJ-oaC8U3kiv253HUegfLodVebU-sJz-BhXWrr7M4dBteYf1lt=w826-h1238-no
tenor.gif

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
Does anyone here follow Cyberverse? I thought seasons 1 and 2 were fine for what they were, but I just caught up on season 3 and it is WILD (and a MASSIVE step up).
Huh, its also using the Allspark for the plot. I wonder why they are relying on it so much in every piece of media.
This sounds kinda stupid, but it may work. Hopefully because its a trilogy they don't decide to make each part only 1 season, maybe 2 or 3 per part can work.

Dongs Macabre

Oct 26, 2017
So it looks like a certain character shows up in the new season of Cyberverse...
ERvrzfZXsAAk7mL
Apparently this is the last season, which is disappointing since the show does a lot of things right. A lot of the character choices and designs are perfect, often taking inspiration from IDW comics.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
Is that...?

Is that...?

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck now I gotta watch from the beginning. I don't suppose this show is streaming anywhere?

giphy.gif

I'm pretty sure the earlier seasons (the first two?) are on Netflix in the US.

I got annoyed at non-talking Bumblebee and the dumb Cartoon Network schedule and gave up early on, but started watching again with my son on Netflix (which is so much easier to watch).

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
I'm pretty sure the earlier seasons (the first two?) are on Netflix in the US.

I got annoyed at non-talking Bumblebee and the dumb Cartoon Network schedule and gave up early on, but started watching again with my son on Netflix (which is so much easier to watch).

Season 1 is on Netflix Spain, at least. I guess I'll give it a go, too.

Grimsen

Oct 25, 2017
Just learned of the existence of the DNA Design upgrade kits for Siege Ultra Magnus and galaxy upgrade Prime.

Couldn't resist ordering one for Magnus, the fact that it makes the figure taller AND fills the gap at the front of his vehicle mode is too good to pass up.

The weapons storage for Cybetron Prime is also nice, but i don't own that figure.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
Just learned of the existence of the DNA Design upgrade kits for Siege Ultra Magnus and galaxy upgrade Prime.

Couldn't resist ordering one for Magnus, the fact that it makes the figure taller AND fills the gap at the front of his vehicle mode is too good to pass up.

The weapons storage for Cybetron Prime is also nice, but i don't own that figure.

That is pretty amazingly designed, and at $20, surprisingly affordable for a third party addon!

Video of the Cybertron Prime one for the curious:

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
I haven't bought a third party toy in ages, but I love how the legs let you choose to be shorter (like normal) so that Magnus white prime won't tower over Siege prime. Very cool, I might order this myself. That knee joint is way too high on the extended legs, though.

The Optimal Optimus upgrades they have look pretty cool too but I'm not spending fifty bucks for both kits.

edited to add: oh, before production they actually added another joint lower in the leg. Cool.

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2017
I would say that I can't understand why people spend tons of money on add-ons and simultaneously complain about prices, but then again I used to mod several of my figures to add detail or just make a character they hadn't gotten around to yet.

I'm kind of annoyed that they're religiously following the cartoon for the main line now too, not just the Masterpieces. At least Masterpiece Grapple let me switch in a proper black head. Now we're stuck with black head Hoist and orange head Grapple (why?) just because someone at Sunbow didn't want the characters to actually resemble the toy they were advertising 35 years ago. But I won't bother repainting them once I get them. It ruins the resale value if nothing else.

Grimsen

Oct 25, 2017
I would say that I can't understand why people spend tons of money on add-ons and simultaneously complain about prices, but then again I used to mod several of my figures to add detail or just make a character they hadn't gotten around to yet.

You're comparing apples and oranges, which makes no sense, which might be the reason why you can't understand it.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid

Well, you might as well ask how people find $20 deluxes expensive yet are willing to fork out the cash for masterpieces and third party figures. I mean, I've not bought a single figure in like a year, but for someone that has bought that Prime at 50-60$, spending an extra $20 to turn it from a 7 to a 9 probably makes a lot of sense.

It obviously depends on how much you think it improves the figure, but the foldable weapons that go into the new cannon covers are pretty cool, to say nothing of the entirely new legs. If I had the money to get that Prime, I would probably set aside some more to get the upgrade kit too.

Duane

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Jeez, Earthrise stuff FINALLY showed up around here. Just Micromasters so far. I grabbed the Autobot pack.

Oct 26, 2017
They come in packs of 2. The autobot one has Trip-Up and Daddy-O and the d-con one has Bombshock and Growl.

I have the deception one and they are pretty good compared to the other ones I have. The simple car ones didn't impress me with Siege so i'll probably skip the similar ones here.

I'm convinced that the Powertrain/Highjump set was an illusion. I did see it in Japan, I should have picked it up. Even though my bags were completely full, it's not like two Micromasters would make a difference.

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I'm convinced that the Powertrain/Highjump set was an illusion. I did see it in Japan, I should have picked it up. Even though my bags were completely full, it's not like two Micromasters would make a difference.
I just got the second batch of Siege cassettes from Japan. Had to, never saw the first set or the second set anywhere near here.

Parisi

Oct 27, 2017
After months of waiting, I finally received my ThreeZero Optimus Prime DLX figure today. To say this thing is impressive would be an understatement. ThreeZero really knocked this figure out of the park...

49657182687_d38f4607dd_c.jpg

49656365548_e8452643f7_c.jpg

49656365338_7d610e0fa6_c.jpg

49656903616_8e9f914506_c.jpg

49657182117_af7e44b974_c.jpg

Some of the other cool effects on this thing is the weathering and battle damage Prime has:

49657182237_4ee669bb6b_c.jpg

49656903366_daab1d517b_c.jpg

The one other really cool thing about this guy is they gave him a full spinal cord when you bend him forward, but did an awesome job of hiding it when he is upright...

49656365483_a602658512_c.jpg

49656903861_0108f1d380_c.jpg

Mindwipe

Oct 25, 2017
London
Hasbro completely ballsed up the distribution of Soundbarrier.

I'd like a few, but I had to pay three times his retail to get one, so I won't be doing that.

Why would you put him in equal numbers in a case with a common toy everyone already had from the previous line? If they'd put 6 Soundbarriers in a case and one of each of Singe and Rung it would have worked. But it's just silly.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid

I'd like a few, but I had to pay three times his retail to get one, so I won't be doing that.

Why would you put him in equal numbers in a case with a common toy everyone already had from the previous line? If they'd put 6 Soundbarriers in a case and one of each of Singe and Rung it would have worked. But it's just silly.

Who's it partnered with? If they put it with Rung 1 to 1 you could probably make cash reselling the Rungs, which are sold out everywhere (I want one but finding any non-Cyberverse Transformer in Spain has again become Mission: Impossible).

Mindwipe

Oct 25, 2017
London
Who's it partnered with? If they put it with Rung 1 to 1 you could probably make cash reselling the Rungs, which are sold out everywhere (I want one but finding any non-Cyberverse Transformer in Spain has again become Mission: Impossible).

The case is four Soundbarriers and four Smashdowns.

I ended up buying Singe and Rung from Japan. The entire sizeclass has been mishandled for ages.

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017

It being in the first wave of a class that has clogged shelves for months from the previous line doesn't help. Hardly any stores are ordering any.

Oct 26, 2017
I braved the frozen diseased wastelands to go pick up my box with Grapple, and I'm pretty impressed with him. Like with Hoist it's fascinating how they're basically just remaking the G1 figure with more articulation while keeping everything super solid - the original was kind of floppy all over. The only thing I'm not very excited about is the head. I never cared for the cartoon and all those random recolours are stupid - Hoist gets a black head for, I dunno, more variety, but Grapple gets an orange head and becomes all orange (or Hot Spot's blue head, and don't get me started on the mess that is Motormaster).

If I still did customs I would probably mess a little with these guys, but nah, they'll do.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
One thing I like about Cyberverse is that there are a variety of female characters.

Season 2 early on seems to be of the light comedy fair, which is fine, but I am anxious for the Netflix series mainly because I want some more serious storyline :X

Also Clobber being looking like a female Lugnut is...a little odd, but I don't mind it :P

Mindwipe

Oct 25, 2017
London
Given how I can only think Earthrise Arcee got made is because they realised it was bare of female characters it would have been better to use that slot for "grown up" toy of one of the Cyberverse female characters tbh.

Clobber or a non-convention exclusive Flamewar/Shadowstriker would have been a better option IMO. Or Aileron if not Cyberverse.

Grimsen

Oct 25, 2017
Finally got my hands on Red Wing this week, thanks to Toysrus who got some in stock. Great color scheme, another cool tetrajet for my squadron. :)

7N8H4N8.jpg

taqU6uR.jpg

Neo0mj

Oct 26, 2017
I heard "Allspark" in the trailer and rolled my eyes a bit, but admittedly I'm only here for the toys. Looks like my son will eat it up though.

With all the other classic stuff getting at least decent shows I had some hope the new Transformers shows would be better.

Finally got my hands on Red Wing this week, thanks to Toysrus who got some in stock. Great color scheme, another cool tetrajet for my squadron. :)

7N8H4N8.jpg

taqU6uR.jpg

Nice pics. I think you don't like Screamer much...

Grimsen

Oct 25, 2017
Hotlink's paintjob is really hot, but like Skywarp he comes in an expensive set with battlemasters :/

4XCgz1F.jpg
1uiL0En.jpg
Xew3KAY.jpg

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I caught Earthrise Optimus the other day on sale for MSRP at Amazon and decided to bite, as I don't really plan on being in any Targets anytime soon. Previously I was extremely happy with Siege OP and didn't think that there was much left to improve, but I think I'm liking Earthrise's even more. Putting aside the whole Leader-Voyager price point thing (and maybe too, the lack of a Roller) the figure itself has a lot of what I liked about Siege but with most of the kibble removed, and while Siege transformation was cool and complex, here it is much more elegant, and it accomplishes a lot of the same things better. The primary downsides for me were the odd looking overhang in the upper torso and the butt wheels, but they aren't too bad in person. The gun tucks away nice in truck mode, the matrix chamber is all there and works, and the hands can open and close for some crazy reason. Not much to say about the trailer (other than no Roller) but Cliffjumper fits inside lol. Super nice A+