• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
Comixology. They had a sale on damn near everything in December, and then had a Transformers sale for a couple weeks that ended 2/11. I'll watch and mention it back here next time.

EDIT: Hang on! Actually, it looks like that sale is happening AGAIN, NOW! This time they're $11, not $10, but whatever. All 8 volumes of Phase 1 (Furman/AHM/Costa) and Phase 2 (Roberts & Barber) up to volume 7 (just after Dark Cybertron) are all on sale for 10.99!

https://www.comixology.com/The-Transformers-The-IDW-Collection/comics-series/76437
https://www.comixology.com/Transformers-IDW-Collection-Phase-Two/comics-series/76442

Ah, that makes sense. Unfortunately, I already have all the single issues on comixology. It's just so tough to read through in order, especially when you get to Dark Cybertron.

umbrella corp.

Using an alt account to circumvent a ban
Banned
Nov 2, 2018
Ah, that makes sense. Unfortunately, I already have all the single issues on comixology. It's just so tough to read through in order, especially when you get to Dark Cybertron.

Cool, thank you. I've never gotten into IDW continuity too much in the past but I've become interested in it recently.
I don't think I even have tome for this but I want to try haha

I started reading idw and totally hated it. Restarted reading it following this and now it's decent. There is the reboot starting next month as well.
idw-transformers-complete-reading-order-phase-one-png.28173207

idw-transformers-complete-reading-order-phase-two-png.28177379

idw-transformers-complete-reading-order-hasbroverse-png.28175653

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
What an absolute crossover shitshow the non-LL branch of season 3 is. >_<

In case anyone doesn't quite get what the hell they're looking at (and I wouldn't blame them), the "-> Revolution ->" and "-> First Strike ->" boxes in the second-to-last image expand into the blocks in the last image. Unicron is basically the Kingdom Hearts III of Transformers comics in terms of theoretical prerrequisites.

Keldroc

Oct 27, 2017
It's absolute nonsense for the sake of aggressively mediocre (at best) stories and the way it torpedoed so much of what IDW had done to that point will always be heartbreaking to me. But all good things...

And for that matter, all bad things, if you wait long enough:
zJHFqJk.png

Oct 25, 2017
Comixology. They had a sale on damn near everything in December, and then had a Transformers sale for a couple weeks that ended 2/11. I'll watch and mention it back here next time.

EDIT: Hang on! Actually, it looks like that sale is happening AGAIN, NOW! This time they're $11, not $10, but whatever. All 8 volumes of Phase 1 (Furman/AHM/Costa) and Phase 2 (Roberts & Barber) up to volume 7 (just after Dark Cybertron) are all on sale for 10.99!

https://www.comixology.com/The-Transformers-The-IDW-Collection/comics-series/76437
https://www.comixology.com/Transformers-IDW-Collection-Phase-Two/comics-series/76442

Many of the collections inside these also fall under the Comixology Unlimited offering. I was going to go with the Collection ones, but after looking into them it seems the ordering is 'haphazard' and jumps a lot between series.

Either way at a minimum people should buy More than Meets the Eye and Robots in Disguise of these phases because they're incredible.

umbrella corp.

Banned
Nov 2, 2018
The TFW2005 members duo of B u m b l e b e e and BombSquad discovered that IDW Manager, Creative Development / Senior Editor Tom Waltz continues to provide solid intel about future releases, this time by way of introducing a character featured on cover #1 – B of the new series with credits to Brian Ruckley (w) • Angel Hernandez & Ron Joseph (a) • Angel Hernandez (c):

Say hello to #Rubble — the newest Transformer! #Transformers​

Hernandez-1B-001.jpg

So I guess he's the new victim that will start the war!

umbrella corp.

Banned
Nov 2, 2018
Interesting. How have they been with introducing new characters for these kind of larger stories/arcs? I only know of Windblade and I'm mixed on how much I enjoy the character in what I've read so far
Its the b cover of the reboot. Starting next month they restart from scratch so i have no idea on how they will handle this from now on.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
Interesting. How have they been with introducing new characters for these kind of larger stories/arcs? I only know of Windblade and I'm mixed on how much I enjoy the character in what I've read so far

Depends on who "they" are. I'm not sure we even know who's writing the reboot? I tried to find out in the TFW2005 boards but I noped the fuck out in like five minutes. Rampant homophobia, outcry at the sole mention of "diversity" even in a sentence like "Home to the Transformers, and a thriving hub for inter-stellar commerce, it is a world brimming with organic and constructed diversity. ", etc. Era has spoiled me.

Oct 25, 2017
Depends on who "they" are. I'm not sure we even know who's writing the reboot? I tried to find out in the TFW2005 boards but I noped the fuck out in like five minutes. Rampant homophobia, outcry at the sole mention of "diversity" even in a sentence like "Home to the Transformers, and a thriving hub for inter-stellar commerce, it is a world brimming with organic and constructed diversity. ", etc. Era has spoiled me.

They being the franchise historically

umbrella corp.

Banned
Nov 2, 2018
I don't know what part of tfw2005 you visited but i see nothing like that.

(W) Brian Ruckley (A) Angel Hernandez, Ron Joseph (CA) Gabriel Rodriguez
A NEW ERA DAWNS! In the infinite universe, there exists a planet like no other: Cybertron! Home to the Transformers, and a thriving hub for inter-stellar commerce, it is a world brimming with organic and constructed diversity. Immense structures line its landscape. Mechanical giants roam across its surface. Starship-sized titans orbit its skies, keeping a constant protective watch above and below. Ancient Transformers merge into its very fabric. Small, mysterious creatures skulk in its shadows. It is a truly amazing realm, long untouched by war, and exuberantly reaching for the stars. This is the Cybertron that Optimus Prime and Megatron vie for in this bold new origin-a world of seemingly endless peace! All that changes when Bumblebee and Windblade take a newly-forged Cybertronian on his first voyage through this world of wonders-they are confronted by the hard reality of the first murder to have occurred on Cybertron in living memory!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Claire Delune

Claire Delune

10 Years in the Making
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Seattle Area
Eesh.

Now I'm kind of morbidly curious how my old haunts are doing.

Dec 25, 2018
That chart will be super useful when it becomes more viable for me to get caught up on the IDW verse (last RID volume I read was vol 5). So what is the deal with the reboot comic?

umbrella corp.

Banned
Nov 2, 2018
That chart will be super useful when it becomes more viable for me to get caught up on the IDW verse (last RID volume I read was vol 5). So what is the deal with the reboot comic?
What do you mean? Its a reboot, it will start on cybertron, murder happens, war starts between autobots and decepticons. War for cybertron is 3 parts. Siege netflix in 2020, current toy line. Its all glorious.

umbrella corp.

Banned
Nov 2, 2018
Damn i ordered my mech fan toys reflector last week from showz and its already in canada. That was fast.

Cant wait to see it.

782febec70.jpg.500x500.jpg

1-600x600.jpg

umbrella corp.

Banned
Nov 2, 2018
Cmdstore in mtl has apeface and astrotrain leader figures up for preorder and barricade deluxe for preorder for siege line....whooooooooa!

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
I don't know what part of tfw2005 you visited but i see nothing like that.

The boards, as I said.
https://news.tfw2005.com/2019/02/04...in-your-eyes-2019-tpb-listed-on-amazon-382180
You don't need to scroll past the first ten comments to find gems like:

"Or not, because they're already throwing around terms like "diversity" in the synopsis. I pray that's not the sort of "diversity" that Chris Ryall keeps pushing for "

"Why were the sales poor? Perhaps because readers lost interest as character relationships continued to just devote into everyone being gay for each other or whatever "

Nah fam, I'm good.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
Siege voyager prime is some good shit. Everything just explodes then fits neat and tidy back together again.

Finally opened and I agree, this is some expert level origami going on here. Much more satisfying than megs. It still bugs me that as dense as these figures are, you can see right through the hold in Meg's arm. But in general they have lots of extra panels that they really didn't need to put in there but did anyway, and joints like ankle tilts not used in the transformation at all but just for posing.

However my boy has taken both of them because they look cool in robot mode and they have weapons. I tried to lure him with the older (but not that old) headmaster and combiner wars versions but he wasn't having it.

Last edited:

Duane

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
The only Siege toy we have so far is Hound, but I'm really impressed based on him. He's so solid and substantial.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
Microchange, actually. /pedantic.

Ah, right. I remember when Transformers first came out, I was waiting for Browning to get adapted, since it was one of the only Microchange toys I had (besides those golden globe ones and the locks) that wasn't a transformer yet, and I wanted to show off. Well, that and Magnum.

umbrella corp.

Banned
Nov 2, 2018
The boards, as I said.
https://news.tfw2005.com/2019/02/04...in-your-eyes-2019-tpb-listed-on-amazon-382180
You don't need to scroll past the first ten comments to find gems like:

"Or not, because they're already throwing around terms like "diversity" in the synopsis. I pray that's not the sort of "diversity" that Chris Ryall keeps pushing for "

"Why were the sales poor? Perhaps because readers lost interest as character relationships continued to just devote into everyone being gay for each other or whatever "

Nah fam, I'm good.
Ah that, well thats how you interpret it but thats not the case. A big complaint was that the whole series was just too much about relationships. At some point everyone was in love with someone else.

Chromedome (gay): Is married to Rewind. Had other husdbands before him and used to date Prowl too.
Rewind (gay): Is married to Chromedome. Before him, he was married to Dominus Ambus.
Cyclonus (gay): Falls in love with Tailgate.
Tailgate (gay): Falls in love with Cyclonus.
Brainstorm (gay): Fell in love with Quark but it was unrerquited. Heavily implied he has feelings towards Perceptor. Then confirmed by JRo at the end of LL.
Perceptor: Any interaction with Brainstorm during and after the Time Travel arc heavily implies he has feelings for him. Hints go until being confirmed in the ending of LL.
Drift: Have ship tease with both Rodimus and Ratchet, Lug and Anode mistake Rodimus for his boyfriend,and had bigger hints with Ratchet. Gets with Ratchet at the end.
Ratchet: Cares a lot for Drift and is implied to be attracted to him. Canonized as the ending of LL.
Skids (bi): Flirts with Firestar not realizing she is a "she" and not a "he" but doesn't change his opinion on her. Had romantic feelings for Nautica but that arc was dropped for a platonic one.
Pipes (gay): Flirted with Drift as he explained him his very specific type and his interest in getting in a relationship (during a time there were only men in the ship), shown interest on Tailgate, had a crush on Riptide.
Prowl (gay): Chromedome's ex.
Getaway (bi): Like Skids, he also Flirted with Firestar and seems to don't have problem flirting based on gender.
Anode (trans lesbian): Changed her body after leaving her planet and realizising she is a girl. Married to Lug.
Lug (trans lesbian): Trasn girl, didn't changed her body. Married to Anode.
Crankcase (gay): Has an internet alien boyfriend (cons4eva - right).
Cons4eva (gay): The internet boyfriend.
minor characters: Dominus Ambus (Rewind's first Conjunx), Proxima (Married to a lady),
____Hinted in canon / but only confirmed by word of god____
Rodimus:
It's implied he is attracted to Drift, Anode mistook them for a couple, so apparently implied Magnus, when asked if Rodimus would officiate the Drift/Ratchet wedding JRo answerd "There was a conflict of interest". The LL ending shows him supportive of Drift relationship with Ratchet. JRo confirmed him and Drift were more "friends with benefits".
Ultra Magnus (Minimus Ambus): It's implied he is attracted to Megatron, Rodimus thinks they're a couple, when asked if Minimus had a crush on Megatron, JRo answerd "only if life were this simple", script comments mentions he wanted to be held by Megatron in the christmas comic.
Megatron: Had ship tease with Ultra Magnus (read above), some of his interaction with Optimus can be read as romantic.
____not mentioned in canon, but confirmed by JRo____
Cerebros, Fortress Maximus and Red Alert (gay):
Confirmed to be a poly relationship.
Nickel (bi): Confirmed she had a girlfriend back then in her planet. She is shown flirting with Roller too..
____IMPLIED____
Roller (bi):
Shown rather touchy feeling with Springarm during the little pages they're together. But he also flirted with Nickel.
Springarm: ^
Optimus Prime / Orion Pax: It's implied was in a Relationship with the Senator Shockwave
Ten (gay): Implied to have a crush on Ultra Magnus.
Whirl: Consideres Chromedome, Rewind, Rodimus, Cyclonus, Tailgate and Rung attractive, but haven't shown romantic interest in any of them.
Swerve: Has a crush on Blurr, but Skids calls it a "celebrity crush".
First Aid: The way he describes Sringer heavily implies he has a crush on him.

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Apeface rumors now we're talking.

Kinda skeptical it is reported from same site as Astrotrain but here's hoping.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
Ah that, well thats how you interpret it but thats not the case. A big complaint was that the whole series was just too much about relationships. At some point everyone was in love with someone else.

- "There's too many gays in this fiction!"
- "Isn't that homophobic?"
- "N-no, I meant there's too many people falling in love with each other!"

I'm sure that's really what he meant, especially considering the other "yuck, diversity" comment. Which surely has a similarly innocuous explanation too?

Keldroc

Oct 27, 2017

This ain't it, chief.

The TFW boards are a cesspool of shitty MRA garbage and "white genocide" mewling on the regular. When that third party boob add-on for Fanstoys Arcee popped up you could practically hear them jerking off over it while praising it for being the best idea ever.

Dec 25, 2018
It got that bad? I used to go there between the 07 movie and Primes 1st series mostly just to stay up to date on TF news, stopped going there when I was just generally not following Transformers stuff that much.

Keldroc

Oct 27, 2017
I don't know if it "got bad" so much as the rise of more female characters and general diversity in nerd media prompted the shitheads to start speaking their minds in ways they didn't before. The mods try to keep on top of it (the original Arcee boob add-on thread was nuked, for instance), but the male fandom is pretty toxic in general. TFW just reflects that. Honestly this thread is probably the most consistently positive male-dominated TF fan gathering I've ever encountered.

Mr Jones

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hello!

I am interested in getting a Prime and Megatron toy to put on my desk in the office. Which one should I go after that is posable, transformable, and looks cool?

umbrella corp.

Banned
Nov 2, 2018
- "There's too many gays in this fiction!"
- "Isn't that homophobic?"
- "N-no, I meant there's too many people falling in love with each other!"

I'm sure that's really what he meant, especially considering the other "yuck, diversity" comment. Which surely has a similarly innocuous explanation too?

Yeah ill give you a point about the first example about diversity but for the second one

I really dont see it as you. No mention of too many gays or anything, just that people lost interest because it was all about relationships and it felt very forced.

Forced as in that guy you know that likes to point out he has one black friend to prove his point that he isnt racist. In the end there wasnt any diversity either, it was about everyone being in love with everyone.

I hope i explained well, english isnt my first language but i hope you folks understood what im trying to say.

This ain't it, chief.

The TFW boards are a cesspool of shitty MRA garbage and "white genocide" mewling on the regular. When that third party boob add-on for Fanstoys Arcee popped up you could practically hear them jerking off over it while praising it for being the best idea ever.

Ah maybe, but i frequent specific threads about toy lines which consists of people taking pictures and speculating on the next releases or the custom forum so ive never witnessed that stuff.

What is MRA?

Also i am not surprised about the reactions for boobs, same reaction in anime or mech fanbase, even worst.

Keldroc

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah ill give you a point about the first example about diversity but for the second one

I really dont see it as you. No mention of too many gays or anything, just that people lost interest because it was all about relationships and it felt very forced.

Forced as in that guy you know that likes to point out he has one black friend to prove his point that he isnt racist. In the end there wasnt any diversity either, it was about everyone being in love with everyone.

I hope i explained well, english isnt my first language but i hope you folks understood what im trying to say.

English is my first language and I promise you the guy on TFW was complaining because they were gay, not because there were too many romantic relationships. It's pretty transparent in how he chooses to word it.

Ah maybe, but i frequent specific threads about toy lines which consists of people taking pictures and speculating on the next releases or the custom forum so ive never witnessed that stuff.

What is MRA?

Also i am not surprised about the reactions for boobs, same reaction in anime or mech fanbase, even worst.

MRA is Men's Rights Advocacy, a movement that believes men are oppressed and kept down by feminists and are being denied their rightful place as masters of the universe or some shit. It's basically a bunch of dudes on the internet who are mad because they think they're owed sex and dominance and don't get it handed to them on a platter.

umbrella corp.

Banned
Nov 2, 2018
I don't know if it "got bad" so much as the rise of more female characters and general diversity in nerd media prompted the shitheads to start speaking their minds in ways they didn't before. The mods try to keep on top of it (the original Arcee boob add-on thread was nuked, for instance), but the male fandom is pretty toxic in general. TFW just reflects that. Honestly this thread is probably the most consistently positive male-dominated TF fan gathering I've ever encountered.
I agree with you. I dont know if it's because it is male fandom, I think because it is largely a young testosterone male fanbase mixed with old guys who never slept or had a normal relationship with women. They see them as sexual objects because all they know about them is what they see on pornhub.

When i was in my teens and early twenties, i would of probably gotten excited about arcee boobs, but now coming back into this hobby (comics, toys, minis painting) after more experience and a long relation, i see them as something made specifically for those creeps.

umbrella corp.

Banned
Nov 2, 2018
English is my first language and I promise you the guy on TFW was complaining because they were gay, not because there were too many romantic relationships. It's pretty transparent in how he chooses to word it.
Ill take your word for it then, maybe i dont see these nuances. Also while getting older when i read stupid comments i just roll my eyes and move to the other, i dont think i have the strenght or time anymore to get mad at it.

MRA is Men's Rights Advocacy, a movement that believes men are oppressed and kept down by feminists and are being denied their rightful place as masters of the universe or some shit. It's basically a bunch of dudes on the internet who are mad because they think they're owed sex and dominance and don't get it handed to them on a platter.

Ahh those crazies yeah. Sad because of them there is real issues about men and specially boys that will get ignored but this isnt the place to discuss this, i dont want to derail this great TF thread! :)

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't venture into TF fandom too much. All I can recall is fans complaining about the most miniscule details on toys and how they're not worth their money. Official and unofficial.

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone know how long big bad toystore takes to turn around pre-orders? i got notified of Shockwave coming in, but no shipping confirmation yet.

Keldroc

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone know how long big bad toystore takes to turn around pre-orders? i got notified of Shockwave coming in, but no shipping confirmation yet.

Do you have it set to ship immediately or to go in the Pile of Loot? If it's in the Pile of Loot it won't ship until you tell it to. Otherwise they tend to send stuff out on Thursdays.

Oct 25, 2017
Do you have it set to ship immediately or to go in the Pile of Loot? If it's in the Pile of Loot it won't ship until you tell it to. Otherwise they tend to send stuff out on Thursdays.

I did ship immediately. The email just said it needed to wait for the charge to go through, but it was on a CC and no reason to not have it clear. The thursday thing makes me more at ease it wasn't pre-emptively charged, and I'll be seeing something soon.

Think I'm just excited for my first new figure since I was like 10

umbrella corp.

Banned
Nov 2, 2018
I did ship immediately. The email just said it needed to wait for the charge to go through, but it was on a CC and no reason to not have it clear. The thursday thing makes me more at ease it wasn't pre-emptively charged, and I'll be seeing something soon.

It's an awesome figure, cant wait for soundwave equivalent in next wave, always been my favorite.

Keldroc

Oct 27, 2017

BBTS' only notable drawback is they can move a bit too slowly. I've given Pile of Loot shipments the green light on a Monday and not had them ship until Thursday multiple times. If you don't get a ship notification by the end of the week I'd consider dropping them an email about it.