• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
It's an awesome figure, cant wait for soundwave equivalent in next wave, always been my favorite.

I pre-ordered Soundwave, Shockwave, and Jetfire. I didn't love that Soundwave is a ship, but I'll be setting them up in non-alt mode anyway so I realized it was moot

BBTS' only notable drawback is they can move a bit too slowly. I've given Pile of Loot shipments the green light on a Monday and not had them ship until Thursday multiple times. If you don't get a ship notification by the end of the week I'd consider dropping them an email about it.

Awesome, thanks for the tips. I could have just done it through Amazon, but I've been trying to avoid them of late with this kind of stuff.

Keldroc

Oct 27, 2017
You can kludge Siege Soundwave into just about anything, though.

soundwave1.jpg

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
Honestly this thread is probably the most consistently positive male-dominated TF fan gathering I've ever encountered.

And that is a function of Era's own moderation, not really anything property of the thread itself...

Yeah ill give you a point about the first example about diversity but for the second one

"Why were the sales poor? Perhaps because readers lost interest as character relationships continued to just devote into everyone being gay for each other or whatever "

I really dont see it as you. No mention of too many gays or anything, just that people lost interest because it was all about relationships and it felt very forced.

You're, at best, being incredibly naive here. Which wouldn't be that bad if not for the fact that others' naivety, coded language and dog whistles is precisely how the alt right has been managing to grow so much right under our noses all this time. So I earnestly suggest you open your eyes and see homophobia for what it is rather than excusing it.

Forced as in that guy you know that likes to point out he has one black friend to prove his point that he isnt racist. In the end there wasnt any diversity either, it was about everyone being in love with everyone.

If you don't see how having straight, gay, bi and even transgender characters in a franchise that has never had any of that is not diverse, I really don't know what to tell you. I also have absolutely no clue how the "I have a black friend" thing relates to this at all.

I hope i explained well, english isnt my first language but i hope you folks understood what im trying to say.

It isn't my first language either, but I don't think that's the reason why we're not seeing eye to eye here.

Siege Optimus and Megatron are the current releases and are pretty much the best mass retail versions of the characters...ever, maybe?

Not in a world where Combiner Wars Megatron exists! :)

Keldroc

Oct 27, 2017
Not in a world where Combiner Wars Megatron exists! :)

I pulled him out of storage recently and was surprised at how unimpressive he was now. Spindly, kind of awkward, hard to pose in ways, undersized cannon. Siege Megatron's tank mode is rudimentary but overall I'd say he's a better representation of the character, especially the classic G1 robot design. Better proportions, better overall "flow" to the design, and looks great with his Optimus counterpart.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
I pulled him out of storage recently and was surprised at how unimpressive he was now. Spindly, kind of awkward, hard to pose in ways, undersized cannon. Siege Megatron's tank mode is rudimentary but overall I'd say he's a better representation of the character, especially the classic G1 robot design. Better proportions, better overall "flow" to the design, and looks great with his Optimus counterpart.

I have it on my shelf / cabinet in front of me, still awesome. I give a lot of importance to vehicle modes; I can understand someone caring more about robot mode preferring the newer one if it has a nicer one (although the CW's robot mode is nearly perfect as far as I'm concerned), but the tank mode is just superb. And of course bonus points for being the version featured in Transformers Devastation.

Keldroc

Oct 27, 2017
The tank mode on CW is okay, but the lack of a rotating turret is an instant side-eye from me, and on a figure that large it's not acceptable. The immobile turret is also Siege Megatron's biggest flaw.

Oct 25, 2017
I still have my G2 green tank Megatron. What a weird design.

I think my favorite look from G2 were the Aerialbots

umbrella corp.

Using an alt account to circumvent a ban
Banned
Nov 2, 2018
I pre-ordered Soundwave, Shockwave, and Jetfire. I didn't love that Soundwave is a ship, but I'll be setting them up in non-alt mode anyway so I realized it was moot
As already pointed you can transform it into 'some' kind of boombox. But how could we pass on such beauty anyways...

You're, at best, being incredibly naive here. Which wouldn't be that bad if not for the fact that others' naivety, coded language and dog whistles is precisely how the alt right has been managing to grow so much right under our noses all this time. So I earnestly suggest you open your eyes and see homophobia for what it is rather than excusing it.
Different point of view. Alt right growing? coded languages? Dog whistles? Maybe if you base your perceptions on some ridiculous internet communities, but I see none of that in my everyday life, especially here in Canada, where these things are easily frown upon.

If you don't see how having straight, gay, bi and even transgender characters in a franchise that has never had any of that is not diverse, I really don't know what to tell you. I also have absolutely no clue how the "I have a black friend" thing relates to this at all.

Nope, again, all perceptions. Diversity is wonderful, forced and exagerated diversity is as worst as having no diversity at all. Having everyone gay or bi is trying just too much, it's even worst than having none of it at all just like the example Ive given of that person you know that does some shady things but uses his only black friend to justify he's not racist.

It isn't my first language either, but I don't think that's the reason why we're not seeing eye to eye here.
Indeed, its not the reason, it's all about perception. But anyways, like I said, theres no reason to derail this thread. You think tfw2005 is that way because of some experiences youve had and it's alright. I havent encountered these since like I said, I frequent the custom board and line specific threads. Its all about pictures and speculation.

Keldroc

Oct 27, 2017
This is the purple version, but what were the thinking with that 'Megatron Rules' sticker

50614_Megatron_G1Prime.JPG

It was the '90s. We didn't know any better.

Different point of view. Alt right growing? coded languages? Dog whistles? Maybe if you base your perceptions on some ridiculous internet communities, but I see none of that in my everyday life, especially here in Canada, where these things are easily frown upon.

Nope, again, all perceptions. Diversity is wonderful, forced and exagerated diversity is as worst as having no diversity at all. Having everyone gay or bi is trying just too much, it's even worst than having none of it at all just like the example Ive given of that person you know that does some shady things but uses his only black friend to justify he's not racist.

source.gif

umbrella corp.

Banned
Nov 2, 2018
Have any of you were succesfull in ordering only the ravage and laserbeak two pack? Ive ordered for about 600$ worth of wave 2 and 3 at agethreeandup and they say they cant sell me only that pack that I have to buy both which I find is shady.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid

Well, I wasn't aware you live in Canada, the land where racism and homophobia do not exist in any way, shape or form. Carry on then!

Having a majority of gay characters in a world that only has males is "trying too much" and "worse than not having any"? Do you also complain that it's "too much" to make everyone heterosexual in other comics? I guess at least you're no longer pretending that your objection was with there being too many romantic relationships!

Your "my friend is black but I'm actually racist" example is every bit as ridiculous as it was the first time you mentioned it. Repeating it isn't making it any more reasonable; quite the opposite in fact.

Indeed, its not the reason, it's all about perception. But anyways, like I said, theres no reason to derail this thread. You think tfw2005 is that way because of some experiences youve had and it's alright. I havent encountered these since like I said, I frequent the custom board and line specific threads. Its all about pictures and speculation.

Well, if you don't perceive racism or homophobia, then surely it does not actually exist. I feel so relieved now.

If you worry that this discussion (which frankly I think is more important in the grand scheme of things than plastic figures) is off-topic, you're free to stop replying. I don't, and so I won't.

Last edited:

umbrella corp.

Banned
Nov 2, 2018
Oh! Sorry, I wasn't aware you live in Canada, the land where racism and homophobia do not exist in any way, shape or form. Carry on then!

Having a majority of gay characters in a world that only has males is "trying too much" and "worse than not having any". OK chief. Do you also complain that it's "too much" to make everyone heterosexual in other comics? I guess at least you're no longer pretending that your objection was with there being too many romantic relationships!

Your "my friend is black but I'm actually racist" example is every bit as ridiculous as it was the first time you mentioned it. Repeating it isn't making it any more reasonable; quite the opposite in fact.

I'm also sorry to say, but your naivety act is becoming even less and less convincing as this conversation goes on.

Well, if you don't perceive racism or homophobia, then surely it does not actually exist. I feel so relieved now.

If you worry that this discussion (which frankly I think is more important in the grand scheme of things than plastic figures) is off-topic, you're free to stop replying. I don't, and so I won't.
I will indeed stop replying, because this is thread derailing and you seem very intolerant and agressive that I dont share your point of view and fail to understand someone's else point of view because you disagree with him. No hard feelings though!

I am trying to buy war for cybertron for pc but fail to find it anywhere, any reason for it?

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
I have it on my shelf / cabinet in front of me, still awesome. I give a lot of importance to vehicle modes; I can understand someone caring more about robot mode preferring the newer one if it has a nicer one (although the CW's robot mode is nearly perfect as far as I'm concerned), but the tank mode is just superb. And of course bonus points for being the version featured in Transformers Devastation.

The Siege Megs is a lot nicer, at least to my eye, as long as you don't mind the battle damage. Like I said, my son instantly claimed it (although the axe played a huge part).

Comparison galleries from seibertron.com:
https://www.seibertron.com/transfor...ge-voyagers-optimus-prime-and-megatron/42347/

As far as G2 goes, it was all about garishness. I mean look at Laser Optimus Prime's trailer. Or G2 non laser optimus prime's trailer.

umbrella corp.

Banned
Nov 2, 2018
The Siege Megs is a lot nicer, at least to my eye, as long as you don't mind the battle damage. Like I said, my son instantly claimed it (although the axe played a huge part).

https://www.seibertron.com/transfor...ge-voyagers-optimus-prime-and-megatron/42347/

As far as G2 goes, it was all about garishness. I mean look at Laser Optimus Prime's trailer.
You can rub it with a cotton swab and some isop. alcool to get rid of it.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid

As far as G2 goes, it was all about garishness. I mean look at Laser Optimus Prime's trailer.

Ouch, I forgot about the weird gray pieces in CW Megs' legs. I painted them silver in mine so they're pretty much indistinguishible from the rest of the leg (I also remember painting other stuff).

Keldroc

Oct 27, 2017
I will indeed stop replying, because this is thread derailing and you seem very intolerant and agressive that I dont share your point of view and fail to understand someone's else point of view because you disagree with him. No hard feelings though!

He's not the one failing to understand, dude. Take the L.

I am trying to buy war for cybertron for pc but fail to find it anywhere, any reason for it?

Activision's license for Transformers expired years ago, so it's long out of print and was pulled from digital storefronts.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
I guess Hasbropulse ran out of ghostbusters preorders, at least for now. I can't even find the page anymore.

OP
OP
Claire Delune

Claire Delune

10 Years in the Making
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Seattle Area
Oct 25, 2017
I'm really loving the Prime Wars trilogy. I know it's old but it's been a more fun look into combiners and titans than Scramble City era

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
You can kludge Siege Soundwave into just about anything, though.

soundwave1.jpg
That's a....thing I guess.

The fanmodes on this guy, including the lampost one, don't look too great. I'd have to wait until I have it in hand but it is all a bit like Titans Return base modes. They can sorta do them, but there isn't much about the design that makes it seem like thought was put into it beforehand to make it look a certain way.

Duane

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
WTF at the Windblade mini series, which I just got up to. Chromia just
detonates a bomb in public, killing three innocent bystanders

and Windblade is all "just don't do it again okay". I really like Sarah Stone's art, but I dunno about Mairghread Scott's writing so far.

Oct 25, 2017
So I went from "I guess I'll buy this Jetfire" to ordering Jetfire, Shockwave, and Soundwave and eyeing up Power of the Primes Dinobots, Blitzwing, and Astrotrain.

LetalisAmare

Oct 27, 2017
Just ordered the studio series 38 Optimus Prime from the Bumblebee movie. I think that's the first none G1 Transformer I've liked enough to buy.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
This is awesome. Are those just the but with Galvatron in place of Motomaster?

If I'm not wrong it's two Combaticons (Swindle and Blast Off), and two Stunticons (Drag Strip and... another one :D. Drag Strip is the only one of the Stunticon limbs whose name I can remember, or even tell apart).

Edit: TFWiki says Dead End. I have the same issue with the Aerialbots, they're all quite forgettable / interchangeable to me.

Maligna

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
This is awesome. Are those just the but with Galvatron in place of Motomaster?
If I'm not wrong it's two Combaticons (Swindle and Blast Off), and two Stunticons (Drag Strip and... another one :D. Drag Strip is the only one of the Stunticon limbs whose name I can remember, or even tell apart).

Edit: TFWiki says Dead End. I have the same issue with the Aerialbots, they're all quite forgettable / interchangeable to me.

Yup, Weltall Zero is correct. Two Stunticons (Dragstrip and Deadend) and two Combaticons (Swindle and Blast-Off).

Oct 25, 2017
Whirl and Swerve are definitely the best of the IDW era for me. They're both so over the top it cracks me up each panel they're on.

Spotlight: Hoist was a really good mini story. I didn't see that little twist coming.

Last edited:

Starphanluke

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 15, 2017
WTF at the Windblade mini series, which I just got up to. Chromia just
detonates a bomb in public, killing three innocent bystanders

and Windblade is all "just don't do it again okay". I really like Sarah Stone's art, but I dunno about Mairghread Scott's writing so far.

That will have long-term repercussions throughout the rest of the continuity. It seems hand-wavy at first, but it becomes an issue.