• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Oh, I thought those were not being included?
Unless I missed something they only came out and said the TT Mall orders would be cancelled if the 8K goal isn't met.

No definitive one way or another if the TT Mall ones would count as part of the 8k or not, I'm just assuming Hasbro would want to count them.

Parisi

Oct 27, 2017

Transformers-G1-Fire-In-The-Sky.jpg

Sure looks like he did....

OP
OP
Claire Delune

Claire Delune

10 Years in the Making
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Seattle Area
That pic Decepticon Jetfire has me wondering, has there ever been a release or mod kit so faithful to the depiction in the G1 cartoon that it has the triple-pointed forehead Decepticon insignia?

I'd think it would be a hard no on anything official since one is a trademarked symbol and the other is an animation mistake, but I'm curious if any aftermarket or third-party stuff has tackled it.

Dongs Macabre

Oct 26, 2017
That pic Decepticon Jetfire has me wondering, has there ever been a release or mod kit so faithful to the depiction in the G1 cartoon that it has the triple-pointed forehead Decepticon insignia?

I'd think it would be a hard no on anything official since one is a trademarked symbol and the other is an animation mistake, but I'm curious if any aftermarket or third-party stuff has tackled it.
MP36 Megatron has the animation error insignia.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
I finally opened my studio series 38 Optimus Prime. It's my first studio series toy. I feel for the guy who had to design this monstrocity of transforming origami that most people will only really transform once.

Maligna

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
God I hate retail distribution.

Still haven't seen any wave 2 figures but just randomly found a wave 3 Springer... I would love some consistency.

Maligna

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
The only flaw on a 99% perfect figure. I hate it when they do that. The show made all kinds of stupid mistakes and then all the toys have to cater to that. Like Smokescreen having a box for a head - no, for fuck's sake, he looks like Prowl!

They actually specifically designed the season 2 bots that were remolds of season 1 bots to more resemble the toys.

Check this out. It's pretty fascinating.

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
The only flaw on a 99% perfect figure. I hate it when they do that. The show made all kinds of stupid mistakes and then all the toys have to cater to that. Like Smokescreen having a box for a head - no, for fuck's sake, he looks like Prowl!
I actually like that Smokescreen has that and shoulder cannons. Otherwise he's just a Prowl/Bluestreak recolour.

sophora

Oct 29, 2017
Got lucky recently with the Rainmakers at Target this past weekend.

tumblr_pvix8hlvVP1qeqcnio1_1280.jpg

I was going to just get Skywarp and Thundercracker to complete the trio but I may get Redwing down the line too. There's a nice satisfaction just seeing them all together as my current desk toys.

Oct 26, 2017
Some pictures of my new best friend:

jetfire_robot_effects.jpg

jetfire_robot_masterpiece.jpg

Since I can't bring myself to get rid of the Henkei, this Jetfire will probably go on the Masterpiece shelf. He's that good.

Grimsen

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, Jetfire is really great. I was more of a toy fan than a cartoon fan, but I'm really glad I got him. He's massive, but fits well with the rest of the siege line.

JpSPxgk.jpg

NcoeHrb.jpg

7hwQMDC.jpg

Hero

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I hardly ever get new toys anymore because of space reasons but I couldn't pass on Jetfire. He's fantastic and I can only imagine the prices once he's out of print.

Parisi

Oct 27, 2017
With regards to that Unicron, Haslab would need approx 110 people per day to preorder it from now until the end of the campaign for it to get funded... I just can't see how that is going to happen...

Oct 26, 2017
I kind of hope that Unicron isn't funded. There needs to be some kind of cap on how large projects can get. MP figures already cost silly money and this is like two of the big ones. It's not healthy for anyone.

Oct 26, 2017

Because expecting "fans" to drop that kind of money is rapidly nearing whale hunting territory. Sure, some people are super rich and it's a drop in the ocean for them, but this hobby also has a ton of OCD "collectors" that can't really say no. Like, the "I hate this figure so I will only buy two to display and one to keep sealed" types. Don't tell me you haven't noticed them.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
Because expecting "fans" to drop that kind of money is rapidly nearing whale hunting territory. Sure, some people are super rich and it's a drop in the ocean for them, but this hobby also has a ton of OCD "collectors" that can't really say no. Like, the "I hate this figure so I will only buy two to display and one to keep sealed" types. Don't tell me you haven't noticed them.

Eh, I think if that's your fear, the earlier suggestion for installment plans would be much worse. But those kinds of obsessive fans also (probably) easily spend that much, just spread out (or not, if they were buying 3rd party figures or Flame Toys statues). I don't see this as much different from, say, the UCS Falcon which is even more expensive.

I'm fine with dream projects getting early funding to gauge interest, I don't see this as being abusive at all.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
Eh, I think if that's your fear, the earlier suggestion for installment plans would be much worse. But those kinds of obsessive fans also (probably) easily spend that much, just spread out (or not, if they were buying 3rd party figures or Flame Toys statues). I don't see this as much different from, say, the UCS Falcon which is even more expensive.

I'm fine with dream projects getting early funding to gauge interest, I don't see this as being abusive at all.

I'm guessing it's kind of different with 3rd party as one can set some (arbitrary, but so is collecting in general) boundary like "I'm 'only' collecting every Hasbro figure". I can see where MikeProtagonist is coming from, but I guess it's still not as bad as videogame whale hunting in terms of predatory schemes like randomness, etc.

(that said, it's not like HasTak hasn't exploited those, too; stuff like the chase figures in Smallest Transforming Transformers come to mind).

At the end of the day, it's not like I haven't plopped down similar amounts for stuff like high-end Soul of Chogokin sets, and I don't regret those one bit. It's kind of a thin line between protecting people from themselves and minding what's not one's own damn business. :D

captainzombie

Nov 29, 2017
I'm fairly excited as my Seige Jetfire is slated to be delivered tomorrow from Amazon. I've been looking forward to this figure albeit some of the small joint issues that have been reported.

I was at my local Walmart yesterday and found Springer, Refraktor, and Brunt. Just need to find the newly the rest of the released studio series as I found Long Haul the other day.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
I'm fairly excited as my Seige Jetfire is slated to be delivered tomorrow from Amazon. I've been looking forward to this figure albeit some of the small joint issues that have been reported.

I was at my local Walmart yesterday and found Springer, Refraktor, and Brunt. Just need to find the newly the rest of the released studio series as I found Long Haul the other day.

Ah, but did you get three Refraktors? Honestly he's a bit underwhelming just by himself (like what is that alt mode?), but then if you do happen to find and buy 3 you're filled with this regret that you spent so much money on a camera alt mode.

On a side note, I checked my order for Springer from that Target sale some months back and they cancelled my order. I think it's BS when companies make you "approve" an order if it's delayed. Yeah, this preorder has been sitting here for a long time already, what makes you think I wouldn't want it anymore just because you have a release date now? It stinks because I've seen them in stores, Target stores I might add, but I've been waiting because of the discount.

captainzombie

Nov 29, 2017
Ah, but did you get three Refraktors? Honestly he's a bit underwhelming just by himself (like what is that alt mode?), but then if you do happen to find and buy 3 you're filled with this regret that you spent so much money on a camera alt mode.

On a side note, I checked my order for Springer from that Target sale some months back and they cancelled my order. I think it's BS when companies make you "approve" an order if it's delayed. Yeah, this preorder has been sitting here for a long time already, what makes you think I wouldn't want it anymore just because you have a release date now? It stinks because I've seen them in stores, Target stores I might add, but I've been waiting because of the discount.

I only picked up 1 Refraktor, which I totally understand the need for 3 but exactly what you stated I'd feel total regret spending $65 with tax for all 3. If they were $15 each like previous lines then it wouldn't be so bad, but I said screw that.

I don't bother with Target online after I keep reading people having order issues, cancelations, and delays on these figures. I'll try to get what I can there if it's on the shelves, if not order from amazon or try Walmart.

I've been going back and forth on getting Galaxy Prime from the Seige line. I already have Ultra Magnus and so many other Primes to begin with that I'm trying to justify picking him up.

Has Thundercracker Seige released yet? I've seen some people say they've picked him up but I haven't seen him yet.

ohhthegore

Nov 25, 2017
Oct 25, 2017
Hey this might be a dumb question but I'm on a Transformers kick right now and wanted to buy the complete series. I see most retailers sell it for $60 but there seems to be a few people on ebay selling it for $30. Anyone have any idea if these are legit or if they're bootlegs or something?

Completely stock images, and poorly up scaled, with 0 details would have me questioning it

Shout factory is who handled the rerelease

Parisi

Oct 27, 2017
Hey this might be a dumb question but I'm on a Transformers kick right now and wanted to buy the complete series. I see most retailers sell it for $60 but there seems to be a few people on ebay selling it for $30. Anyone have any idea if these are legit or if they're bootlegs or something?

I have this set at home and I love it, and this looks like a pretty good auction if you want to try and pick up the series

Dongs Macabre

Oct 26, 2017
Super meh. Cybertron Defense Hot Shot was one of the high points of Transformers Cybertron. Where are all the concealed missile pods, damn it?
Hasbro's probably testing the waters for more Unicron Trilogy stuff with this and Galaxy Prime. In short, everyone please buy this so I can get a new Override.

Oct 26, 2017
Hasbro's probably testing the waters for more Unicron Trilogy stuff with this and Galaxy Prime. In short, everyone please buy this so I can get a new Override.

Well, at this point there are tons of kids who grew up with that trilogy and start wanting their stuff referenced too. I wouldn't mind some of it. At some point they will run out of super obscure G1 stuff to recreate.

Dongs Macabre

Oct 26, 2017
Well, at this point there are tons of kids who grew up with that trilogy and start wanting their stuff referenced too. I wouldn't mind some of it. At some point they will run out of super obscure G1 stuff to recreate.
Yeah, Cybertron and reruns of Beast Wars were what I watched as a kid. I'd definitely appreciate a new Sideways more than a Slapdash and Lube.

OP
OP
Claire Delune

Claire Delune

10 Years in the Making
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Seattle Area
It's kind of weird to see the nostalgia horizon creep over to encompass the later Unicron Trilogy stuff that we've been getting lately. The original TFC Prime and Cybertronian Defense Hot Shot are fantastic figures in their own right, to the point that these new versions seem notably lacking.