• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

nilbog

Oct 25, 2017
Got the Soundwave G1 reissue and cassettes at Walmart.

This was my first transformer I got as a kid, never had the extra cassettes though.

That nostalgia high is something else.

016-jpg.28343987

Grimsen

Oct 25, 2017

This was my first transformer I got as a kid, never had the extra cassettes though.

016-jpg.28343987

Such awesome packaging. I was This close to buying the pack with Rumble, since it's the only g1 tape I'm missing from these re-releases, but at 30$ CAD, it's expensive for a single minibot I don't have. If I see Soundwave in person I might not be able to resist though. The one I have right now is the double door reissue.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017

016-jpg.28343987

I love the packaging. How much are they? That Optimus without trailer seemed ridiculously overpriced to me, and that's the only one I've actually seen in store.

nilbog

Oct 25, 2017
I love the packaging. How much are they? That Optimus without trailer seemed ridiculously overpriced to me, and that's the only one I've actually seen in store.

FYI Optimus is now reduced to $25, I picked that one up last week.

Soundwave is currently $50 and the tapes are $20 each. I thought the cassettes were a bit pricey, should be no more than $14.99 IMO...but I succumbed.

These have been selling out left and right so I just spent the $97 on a set to be done with it.

ohhthegore

Nov 25, 2017
Holy crap I didn't realize he was 50 bucks! I already have the Masterpiece for home and Siege one for work but I want that one too :-(

SolidChamp

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Popped by Toys R Us here in Taipei yesterday and was pleased to see they finally got Siege Jetfire in stock. Buuut...

At $3,499NTD (approximately $110 USD), I can't really justify it at the moment. I don't want it that badly, I think.

Oct 26, 2017
You can thank me when Hasbro announces a proper Nautica, because I just broke down and ordered the exclusive one. But unless she's pushed a lot in some new media I don't see that happening.

Then again we got Rung.

LetalisAmare

Oct 27, 2017
After purchasing a none g1 Optimus Prime (the studio series Prime from Bumblebee), I have bought two more none G1 figures. I just had to order those War For Cybertron Prime and Megatron figures that have the cel shaded animation look. They look so good in images.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
Ventured out to the local Walmart because I heard that G1 soundwaves were out... shouldn't have bothered, the toy aisle is still a mess with empty pegs and lots of Chromia.

ohhthegore

Nov 25, 2017
My Wal-Mart had the tapes but no Soundwave. Ended up just grabbing myself a Siege Starscream. I really want that Shockwave but can't stand the idea of paying 50 bucks for him

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
My Wal-Mart had the tapes but no Soundwave. Ended up just grabbing myself a Siege Starscream. I really want that Shockwave but can't stand the idea of paying 50 bucks for him
Either he's overpacked or a lot of people have reached the same conclusion, because Shockwave is (surprisingly to me) shelfwarming hard in my area.

Duane

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I just noticed that Greenlight (Amazon Exclusive) is now available. Maybe she's been up for a bit, I dunno. Just ordered her, either way. Elita Infinite will live! I'm definitely grabbing Lancer now.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
I just noticed that Greenlight (Amazon Exclusive) is now available. Maybe she's been up for a bit, I dunno. Just ordered her, either way. Elita Infinite will live! I'm definitely grabbing Lancer now.

Yeah, it's been up for a while, since around Prime day. The other ones like Skywarp just came out, though.

Dongs Macabre

Oct 26, 2017
I just bought a Cybertron Optimus Prime for 30 bucks.

dacs1n6.jpg

I think he's just missing the missiles and his Cyber Key. Other than being dusty and having some minor scuffs on his paint, he's in good condition.

EDIT: Actually his boot attachments in super mode are missing too which means he doesn't actually stand up properly and the trailer can't attach. Still got the silhouette though.
EDIT2: His faceplate gimmick is broken. :(

Last edited:

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Mine was exactly the same. I don't think they do super well by me because every time I've gone in it's been slim pickings
All the local Super- Walmarts got 1 box of Soundwaves, 1 box of cassettes, 1 box of wave 3 Siege Deluxes and a box of Jet Fires.

it took them a few weeks at least to get to the point where they could put them on the shelf, but I did finally get my hands on Soundwave+Casettes and the last Refraktors I was missing.

My Ravage has two left-butt rockets but other than that found stuff in good shape.

Oct 25, 2017
All the local Super- Walmarts got 1 box of Soundwaves, 1 box of cassettes, 1 box of wave 3 Siege Deluxes and a box of Jet Fires.

it took them a few weeks at least to get to the point where they could put them on the shelf, but I did finally get my hands on Soundwave+Casettes and the last Refraktors I was missing.

My Ravage has two left-butt rockets but other than that found stuff in good shape.

I tried even looking On their site and it's one of the worst searches out there. I can get a full set on eBay for like 130 which is 30 over msrp if that desperate

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017

Maligna

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Got my first third party figure.
4296624556632990046.jpg

This thing is awesome. Nice little Legends scale guy. Way better looking than anything HasTak has ever put out for the character.

I can't wait to get their Rodimus Prime (Flame Commander) later this year so he has someone to square off against.

Nov 1, 2017
Got my first third party figure.
4296624556632990046.jpg

This thing is awesome. Nice little Legends scale guy. Way better looking than anything HasTak has ever put out for the character.

I can't wait to get their Rodimus Prime (Flame Commander) later this year so he has someone to square off against.

I was thinking about getting a third party Galvatron myself, couldn't find a consensus online which was best.

nilbog

Oct 25, 2017
So Haslab Unicron anyone? It's a no for me...the wife would kill me if I paid that much for a toy haha. I don't really see it getting made, only 8 days left and they need another 5000 or so preorders to make it happen.

It does look cool as hell though. They should have waited to release it during tax returns...or something.

Dongs Macabre

Oct 26, 2017
So Haslab Unicron anyone? It's a no for me...the wife would kill me if I paid that much for a toy haha. I don't really see it getting made, only 8 days left and they need another 5000 or so preorders to make it happen.

It does look cool as hell though. They should have waited to release it during tax returns...or something.

Apparently preorders from retailers are going to be added so the number is a bit misleading.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid

I know it's not a particularly shocking detail on such a huge and expensive figure, but the planet mode teeth / chomping thing is so cool. :D

Grimsen

Oct 25, 2017
Chasing down the various exclusives related to the Siege line is getting tiresome, especially here in Canada.

I'm glad EB Games has Ratchet, Smokescreen, Nightbird and the Drill for preorder, but there's no sign of Redwing or Skywarp yet, and it feels like if I blink I'll just miss them. Same with the 35th Walmart exclusives. I'll be lucky to find Bluestreak.

I'm not that interested in the Refraktor pack, the Rainmakers or Galactic Man, but going through smaller online shops suck and kills whatever impulse purchase I would otherwise make. There's often a premium, and shipping :/

All these exclusives also mean no sales for them, which we get regularly with the mainline releases.

A lot of these could have been sold at regular retail. It sucks that they're not.

Maligna

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I feel ya.

I still have no idea if the Walmart exclusive ones like Bluestreak are going to show up in stores or not. Are they online only?

Keldroc

Oct 27, 2017
Redwing, at least in the US, is a Target exclusive you can only buy using Target's RedCard credit or debit card. I'll gladly go to the scalpers instead of supporting that horseshit.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
Redwing, at least in the US, is a Target exclusive you can only buy using Target's RedCard credit or debit card. I'll gladly go to the scalpers instead of supporting that horseshit.
Screw Target.

I just checked my preorder from back when they had that buy 100 save 25 promo. They had cancelled my Springer earlier. They sent me an email saying that Galaxy Optimus was delayed on 8/2. I responded on 8/7 saying I still wanted it. On 8/9 they sent ANOTHER email saying it was further delayed and if I still wanted it, to reply. Then they cancelled it. Like I've seen both of these on shelves in the store, what the heck is the holdup? I'm not counting on them delivering the last item on the order (Thundercracker).

But yeah, making it redcard exclusive is pretty scummy.

edited to add: oh, I see they have another deal on toys, buy 100 get a 25 gift card. So slightly worse than before, and when they cancel pieces of my order they won't give me the gift card, right? Ugh. However, if you do it for in stock items, like Siege Jetfire...

Oct 26, 2017
Yes I love the chompers! And that transformation is a work of art in itself. Amazing figure no doubt.

I was fairly unimpressed with the transformation. It makes sense, of course, but it's a complete shellformer, and all those panels just bunch up together and hinge onto the body with a tiny little rod. If at least some of the exterior was actually a robot part it would be a lot more impressive.

Oh well, if it gets made it gets made.

Dongs Macabre

Oct 26, 2017
Looks like Hasbro extended the pre-order deadline for Unicron by another 38 days.... so now it ends on October 6th..

you know, perhaps they should've lowered the price by $100 or so instead of extending the deadline..
Lowering the price would mean drastically more backers needed for it to be worthwhile for Hasbro. They're a business after all, not doing this out of the kindness of their hearts.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
Lowering the price would mean drastically more backers needed for it to be worthwhile for Hasbro. They're a business after all, not doing this out of the kindness of their hearts.

Costs aside, I wonder how many more backers would jump on if they lowered the price, or if there's some set amount of hardcore fans that will pay whatever and a steep dropoff after that.

Even some kind of installment plan (like a heft non refundable deposit and then pay the rest when it comes out or something) would make the cost a lot more palatable. It's hard to convince the wife that I'm going to pay big money for something that isn't getting here any time soon. I already had to do that with Disney+, and that's only a couple of months away.

Dongs Macabre

Oct 26, 2017
Costs aside, I wonder how many more backers would jump on if they lowered the price, or if there's some set amount of hardcore fans that will pay whatever and a steep dropoff after that.

Even some kind of installment plan (like a heft non refundable deposit and then pay the rest when it comes out or something) would make the cost a lot more palatable. It's hard to convince the wife that I'm going to pay big money for something that isn't getting here any time soon. I already had to do that with Disney+, and that's only a couple of months away.
I think most people would have a hard time even finding space to put Unicron.

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
This probably increases the likelyhood I will get him (though was probably going to happen anyway if it got close to 8k). Having Uni and MP44 on the same card statement is pretty wack.

Speaking of which, hurricane shenanigans may screw up my MP44 shipment....crap.