• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

RyanPrime_

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
Siege Ratchet is up at walgreens.com... for 11.99

which is good because shipping is a whopping 5.99 (but still cheaper than if you actually found him in a store).

I couldn't find anything else to pair with him and I would've had to buy 3 to get free shipping so I just bit the bullet.

Well, I would gladly pay $18, let alone $12, but...

Atleast he is available in your country

Exactly this. :D

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
We all insert quotes we forgot we added from time to time.

094.gif

The saddest part is that every time this happens, like five minutes later I promptly forget you can do this between threads, so I spend the other 99% of the time clicking reply, awkwardly selecting text and copy-pasting it.

Neo0mj

Oct 26, 2017
TFSource is having a pretty good sale right now. Make Toys' Not-Black Zarak is $200, 50% off!

devil-stinger-maketoys-mcb-03p-02__53858.1495565673.1280.1280.jpg

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid

Dongs Macabre

Oct 26, 2017
I guess since their alt modes are kind of all just blocks with detail they'll be easier to engineer. Plus I don't think they need to compete with any third-party products here.

Keldroc

Oct 27, 2017
XTB announced a Raiden at TFCon in March. I'm guessing that's cancelled now.

The primary reason for this is probably a combination of the simple engineering and the fact that good guys sell much better than bad guys in Japan. And Japan loves trains, and it looks like there's some real life train licensing involved here. I'm interested but am wondering about the price tag.

SolidChamp

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hey gang, just checking in to see if anyone here bought the Siege Omega Supreme?

It was on sale at the Toys R Us here in Taipei so I grabbed it "for my son" for Christmas.

Just wanted to hear some impressions.

EDIT: Just an FYI, regardless of anything, I saved almost $100 (USD) on this thing.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
Hey gang, just checking in to see if anyone here bought the Siege Omega Supreme?

It was on sale at the Toys R Us here in Taipei so I grabbed it "for my son" for Christmas.

Just wanted to hear some impressions.

EDIT: Just an FYI, regardless of anything, I saved almost $100 (USD) on this thing.

I think he's worth it even at full price... massive (though not quite as massive as the city formers), if I were to nitpick I don't really love his puny shoulders, the tank turret not being able to turn, the fiddliness of the rocket panels and the sheer size of the tank compared to the track (to be honest there's not much they could have done there), but otherwise, just pure greatness.

SolidChamp

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I think he's worth it even at full price... massive (though not quite as massive as the city formers), if I were to nitpick I don't really love his puny shoulders, the tank turret not being able to turn, the fiddliness of the rocket panels and the sheer size of the tank compared to the track (to be honest there's not much they could have done there), but otherwise, just pure greatness.

Very nice. Sounds like a real winner, and a great value for the price I got him at. Can't wait for my boy to open him up on Christmas.

Keldroc

Oct 27, 2017

I'd also add that the hips and thighs don't work for Omega at all. Reusing the Metroplex/Fort Max hips and thighs was a mistake, the prototype looked much better. Still a pretty great figure especially in terms of play value but you can feel the cost saving measures there.

SolidChamp

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'd also add that the hips and thighs don't work for Omega at all. Reusing the Metroplex/Fort Max hips and thighs was a mistake, the prototype looked much better. Still a pretty great figure especially in terms of play value but you can feel the cost saving measures there.

You're speaking in terms of aesthetics?

Maligna

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Anyone know of any online stores that are still selling Takara's Transformers Legends LG29 Wheelie?

Titans Return Wheelie just isn't cutting it on my movie shelf. His inaccurate colors are killing me.

Keldroc

Oct 27, 2017
Get thee to eBay. They go for about $60 now, so I hope those orange thighs make you really happy.

Maligna

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Get thee to eBay. They go for about $60 now, so I hope those orange thighs make you really happy.

It's the grey boots and the clear windshield instead of black. :P

But more the fact that all my other 86' bots I made sure to get the most cartoon accurate version, and he's the only one who's not.

Last edited:

Keldroc

Oct 27, 2017
I generally don't get too focused on screen accuracy for non-MP stuff. That way lies madness and $60 Wheelie figures. Although it's easier to deal with now that Hasbro and Takara have the same paint jobs on everything. But it also means there's no alternative for when they screw something up.

Maligna

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Imagine putting $60 into a tiny Wheelie figure...Wheelie

It's more about completing my movie shelf. Unfortunately, Wheelie is part of that crew.

Though I definitely don't hate Wheelie as much as most people. He had the most brutal kill in all of Transformers when he shot that Sweep in the face, causing him to fall to his death into some sort of space vortex.

Maligna

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Holy freaking shit. I got mine (Takara version) for like $10 (they were on sale somewhere I think); I wouldn't have paid more than $15. Maligna, I hope you can get him for a decent price, nobody should be scalped like that. :(

Well, that's what I get for not jumping on it earlier. It's a few years old now, so all the online stores are out of stock.

I thought I could get by with the Hasbro version but every time I look at my movie shelf the fact that he sticks out like a sore thumb as not cartoon accurate compared to the others just eats at me more and more.

Keldroc

Oct 27, 2017
Apparently I do sympathize more than I thought because I double checked my shelf just now and I do in fact have the Takara version. For $60 price point I might look into getting an XTB Ollie v.2 instead. About the same size but you get a better figure for the money.

Maligna

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Apparently I do sympathize more than I thought because I double checked my shelf just now and I do in fact have the Takara version. For $60 price point I might look into getting an XTB Ollie v.2 instead. About the same size but you get a better figure for the money.

Ah, cool. I'll look into that one. Thanks.

Although if I know me it will just be the beginning of an entirely new movie shelf made out of all third-party figures.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
At long last, Hasbro Pulse shipped out Star Convoy.

Unfortunately, I missed the boat on the initial seacons and I wasn't going to buy the rest and have an incomplete set.

Oct 26, 2017
I finished reading through Phase One of the IDW comics again. Generally there's a lot of good here and I loved the overall story, but some of the side stories are super rough... and the artwork. My god, Ramondelli is amazing compared to some of these. The Nightbeat spotlight and the Heart of Darkness story are especially bad.

Here's a drinking game for you: take one drink every time...
* Someone is dramatically shot through the head and survives.
* Someone has their entire chest blasted out and survives.
* Monstructor!
* Metroplex!
* A super huge being threatens Cybertron.
* Prowl is being an asshole.

P-Bo

One Winged Slayer
Jun 17, 2019
Scouring the net for some masterpieces for future purchases--I was surprised, and a little disheartened to see some figures are out of print (can't find a non-ko G1 Sideswipe). Any advice on where I should be looking?

Also of course they would release a better Prime after I drop money on MP-10 lol.

Last edited:

Neo0mj

Oct 26, 2017
Scouring the net for some masterpieces for future purchases--I was surprised, and a little disheartened to see some figures are out of print (can't find a non-ko G1 Sideswipe). And advice on where I should be looking?

Also of course they would release a better Prime after I drop money on MP-10 lol.

You can't find Sideswipe? I remember it going for sale last year at plenty of places. But looking now yeah it's no where to be found. Not even Red Alert who was also on sale.

P-Bo

One Winged Slayer
Jun 17, 2019
You can't find Sideswipe? I remember it going for sale last year at plenty of places. But looking now yeah it's no where to be found. Not even Red Alert who was also on sale.

I know right? These past few years I've been unable to drop money on new figures, but I'd check in every now and then to make sure stuff was still available--now all of a sudden everything's disappearing.

As I type, I just realized it could be because of the holidays, but how is Hasbro/Takara with reprints?

Duane

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Under the tree for my son (heh): Red Alert, Ratchet, Shockwave and Omega.

Neo0mj

Oct 26, 2017
I know right? These past few years I've been unable to drop money on new figures, but I'd check in every now and then to make sure stuff was still available--now all of a sudden everything's disappearing.

As I type, I just realized it could be because of the holidays, but how is Hasbro/Takara with reprints?

It'll probably happen, but who knows when. It took a long time to get a Soundwave reissue.

Under the tree for my son (heh): Red Alert, Ratchet, Shockwave and Omega.

Lucky kid ;)

Keldroc

Oct 27, 2017
I can't even remember, did MP Sideswipe even get an official US release?

He did not. They went straight to Prowl. I assumed it was a licensing thing.

At any rate, I strongly suggest tracking down Badcube Steamroll if you're looking for an MP Sideswipe at this point. Better looking figure and still in stock several places.

Oct 25, 2017
I finished reading through Phase One of the IDW comics again. Generally there's a lot of good here and I loved the overall story, but some of the side stories are super rough... and the artwork. My god, Ramondelli is amazing compared to some of these. The Nightbeat spotlight and the Heart of Darkness story are especially bad.

Here's a drinking game for you: take one drink every time...
* Someone is dramatically shot through the head and survives.
* Someone has their entire chest blasted out and survives.
* Monstructor!
* Metroplex!
* A super huge being threatens Cybertron.
* Prowl is being an asshole.

I had a good laugh at a Prowl is being an asshole

One day I'll do phase one but I'm so afraid of it ruining what I love

Keldroc

Oct 27, 2017
Phase One is fine. Sometimes good, even. It's not on par with Roberts' stuff but few things in comics are. The weird notion that Phase One is some kind of trash pile is bizarre to me.

Oct 26, 2017
They did make a couple of weird resets but generally it holds together, even All Hail Megatron. Also, Verity and Hunter are really good characters. I loved how they did the infiltration phase with all the avatar tech too.

Nov 1, 2017
Phase One isn't bad by any measure, it's different sure but some times you got to try new things. Some things worked and some not so much. The good thing is various elements of said run do cause things later down the line even with all the resets.

Oct 26, 2017
Shockwave is a fantastic voyager figure. Like, excellent. Then he has a bunch of ridiculous crap stuck on him to make him more expensive, specifically extra arms and legs for no reason. If you find him at a lower price or if you just love Shockwave, he's worth it.