• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
...Oh my God how did I not hear about Masterpiece Blackarachnia.

Damn it. There goes 140 dollars.

Grimsen

Oct 25, 2017
Saw Astrotrain last week at my local TRU. The combimation of the price, the small size and the shoddy alt modes made me pass on it. I also don't really like the headsculpt.

Dongs Macabre

Oct 26, 2017
Thinking of picking this up, but it ships from China and I am worried about it being a KO... What do you all think? Should I pull the trigger?

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/254420985983
Look at the recent feedback. 8/10 negative ratings were in the past month, which is a sign the seller has decided to start scamming. This happens pretty often with Chinese eBay sellers where they accrue good ratings for years before suddenly going rogue. Even if they don't have negative feedback but their prices are too good to be true, it becomes a gamble. Thankfully eBay is pretty good about refunds in situations like this.

SolidChamp

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Saw Astrotrain last week at my local TRU. The combimation of the price, the small size and the shoddy alt modes made me pass on it. I also don't really like the headsculpt.

I have it and think it's pretty damn sweet. The space shuttle mode is great. The details on his robot mode are impressive. Don't be fooled by his size; he's a quality toy for the price I paid on Amazon. You get a lot of add-ons with him like with Shockwave so I feel it justifies the price. Also, I don't understand what your complaint is with the alt-modes; both are really cool.

On that note, I'm actually really impressed with Impactor. I didn't even know who he was before I saw this Siege line figure, and he's quickly shaping up to be one of my favourites.

Grimsen

Oct 25, 2017
Astrotrain's alt modes just don't do it for me.
The shuttle mode looks like it's missing the entire back half of its fuselage, and the train mode is neither an earth train nor a sleek Cybertronian train. It's just stuck in the middle.

Dongs Macabre

Oct 26, 2017
I have it and think it's pretty damn sweet. The space shuttle mode is great. The details on his robot mode are impressive. Don't be fooled by his size; he's a quality toy for the price I paid on Amazon. You get a lot of add-ons with him like with Shockwave so I feel it justifies the price. Also, I don't understand what your complaint is with the alt-modes; both are really cool.

On that note, I'm actually really impressed with Impactor. I didn't even know who he was before I saw this Siege line figure, and he's quickly shaping up to be one of my favourites.
Impactor is amazing. The IDW spartan head from the Amazon pack is perfect with Thrilling 30 Springer.

SolidChamp

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I love Transforming Siege Omega Supreme. Both modes are great fun, and my son really seems to enjoy both, especially the alt mode for the rocket and command center.

You'd think transforming this behemoth would be a chore but it's actually very simple and easy to remember. It's like the bigger the figure, the less complicated the transformation.

Jlynn

Nov 6, 2017
Atleast he is available in your country

Hope there's an oversize KO of it coming soon. the OS KOs of the Siege cars are really well done.

I finally got one of my most wanted a couple weeks ago when I bought Combiner Wars Megatron for $40 CISB. So damn awesome is this figure. I wasn't ready for the working tank treads!

And MP Hound is being shipped to shops as we speak. Hallelujah!

Do you guys think Hasbro flat out gave up on the MP line? Considering that TRU went out of business, the last MP didn't sell well and Hasbro is importing the Takara MPs (And slapping a Hasbro branded outer box over them), I feel the writing is on the wall.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
Hope there's an oversize KO of it coming soon. the OS KOs of the Siege cars are really well done.

I finally got one of my most wanted a couple weeks ago when I bought Combiner Wars Megatron for $40 CISB. So damn awesome is this figure. I wasn't ready for the working tank treads!

And MP Hound is being shipped to shops as we speak. Hallelujah!

Do you guys think Hasbro flat out gave up on the MP line? Considering that TRU went out of business, the last MP didn't sell well and Hasbro is importing the Takara MPs (And slapping a Hasbro branded outer box over them), I feel the writing is on the wall.

CW Megatron is my favorite Megatron figure, of all time, ever. I don't much care for gun Megatron; having him retain its classic look while turning into a much more sensical form like a tank, and look fantastic on both forms, is such a treat.

Bonus points for being the specific toy that Transformers: Devastation's Megatron is modeled after.

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
New listing for the next Generations line (tfw):
  • TRA GEN WFC E BATTLEMASTER RUNG – EAN: 5010993660155 (Reissue)
  • TRA GEN WFC E MICROMASTER RACE TRACK PATROL – EAN: 5010993660056
  • TRA GEN WFC E BATTLEMASTER SLITHERFANG – EAN: 5010993660124
  • TRA GEN WFC E MICROMASTER ASTRO SQUAD – EAN: 5010993660100
  • TRA GEN WFC E DELUXE FAST TRACK – EAN: 5010993660063
  • TRA GEN WFC E DELUXE TRAILBREAKER – EAN: 5010993660070
  • TRA GEN WFC E DELUXE SUNSTREAKER – EAN: 5010993660087
  • TRA GEN WFC E DELUXE RUNAMUCK – EAN: 5010993660094
  • TRA GEN WFC E VOYAGER QUINTESSON – EAN: 5010993660148
  • TRA GEN WFC E VOYAGER SNAPDRAGON – EAN: 5010993660131
  • TRA GEN WFC E LEADER CLASS DOUBLEDEALER – EAN: 5010993660117
Pretty happy about Snapdragon (old news?) and Doubledealer.

I'd be interested in Trailbreaker if I didn't expect horrible painted clear plastic trying to match molded plastic again (hoist). Hopefully hastak can exceed my expectations (and maybe black is easier?)

Dongs Macabre

Oct 26, 2017
More leaks from TFW:

TFA GEN E DELUXE AIRWAVE-E7161: 501099364862
TFA GEN E DELUXE QUINTESSON ALICON
TFA GEN E DELUXE ARCEE- E7159
TFA GEN E DELUXE SMOKESCREEN

Nice to see a new Arcee using what is most likely a new fembot design that isn't based on the Moonracer mold. Since her last toy was super Sunbow and this line looks to be Earth modes plus Quintessons, I'm cautiously optimistic about her getting a cool new design. IDW had a good sports car design for her that would work, and of course she's often a motorcycle outside of G1 which could work better in terms of staying proportionate with the other figures, although I can't think of a bike Transformer without massive wheels hanging around.

Duane

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
That's awesome! I have her Thrilling 30 figure and love it, but it'll be nice if she gets some cool new model.

That Alicon is going to be great too.

Conrad Link

Oct 29, 2017
New Zealand
I love Arcee and fembots in general, but I doubt I'd buy another one unless it's super amazing somehow. Pretty happy with the T30 one still.

Really hope that Sky Lynx rumor still ends up true, and it seems we might be waiting a bit for Crosshairs' friends. :(

Oct 25, 2017
Look at the recent feedback. 8/10 negative ratings were in the past month, which is a sign the seller has decided to start scamming. This happens pretty often with Chinese eBay sellers where they accrue good ratings for years before suddenly going rogue. Even if they don't have negative feedback but their prices are too good to be true, it becomes a gamble. Thankfully eBay is pretty good about refunds in situations like this.
It's funny how that just happens all the time. I've gambled and lost on a couple china scammers before but ebay is very buyer friendly so both times I got the money back without much difficulty. Both times good accounts with longstanding positive feedback and then one day it's scam time.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
I really can't imagine modern Hasbro improving on Thrilling 30 Arcee, so I'm not terribly interested.

Give us a proper Nautica you cowards.

Jlynn

Nov 6, 2017
Another indicator about the state of MP. Hound's description is "Cybertron Autobot Scout".

Oct 25, 2017
I got Siege AstroTrain today and it's ok, def not one of my favorites. Transforming is not the worst of the ones I have but some spots definitely don't line up that great

Barrow Roll

Oct 25, 2017
? What's wrong with that? Isn't that what his original tech specs said?
I believe his original function was just Scout. But Takara MPs are released internationally now so it doesn't surprise me that they would include Cybertron and Autobot in the description. I gave up on following TF message boards years ago, but based on the comment sections on the one TF related Facebook page I follow it seems like there's a subset of collectors that really have an axe to grind with the MP line right now.

Couple retailers I know who seem to think the reveal is very soon. They're usually pretty on target, and with Blackarachnia seeing release it is about time for a new BW MP to be in the pipeline.
Takara tweeted "year of the rat" with a picture of Rattrap. Its hardly confirmation
Forgot to reply to these, thanks!

Last edited:

Jlynn

Nov 6, 2017
? What's wrong with that? Isn't that what his original tech specs said?

I wrote an earliest post about believing that Hasbro has ended the masterpiece line for multiple reasons. Most telling they're simply importing the Takara MPs for sale on their pulse store. The word Autobot isn't a thing at all in Japan so that is telling on Hasbro's and Takara's stance.

Parisi

Oct 27, 2017
Flame Toys just teased their next Transformers Furai model kit, and it looks to be a G1(esque) Optimus Prime.

nUoncs6.jpg

I for one am very happy to finally see a G1 Prime model kit coming from them, as their first OP kit and the IDW kit were ok at best....

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
I'm not a huge fan of the Siege Ironhide mode, but I love the exclusive Ratchet. It's sad that he's an exclusive that a lot of people will never see because... walgreens.

Oct 26, 2017
I just finished reading through the standalone TPB of Last Stand of the Wreckers. First off, this story still rocks on so many levels and it's close to if not THE best Transformers fiction, and it's about nobodies.

I was also surprised to see so much extra stuff. There's so much in terms of prequels and sequels to this story, and character profiles, and early scripts, and indeed the two stories covering Kup's return. It's great to have a standalone story to recommend to people, since MtMtE, great as is it, is a little hard to recommend being spread over a series of re-released books going back years.

I also like how the side stuff adds a lot of character, both to the Last Stand crew and other characters. It sets up more background for First Aid (and I'm a big fan of him), including that ridiculously complicated plotline with the DJD infiltrator.

As a coincidence I also just finished Sins of the Wreckers, and while that is neat and includes a bunch of fun characters that hadn't been in IDW yet, it's far from Last Stand and only has the "Wreckers face a mad mastermind in a remote location" thing going for it. It's more Sins of Prowl than anything else.

In the same IDW collection, they also introduced Victorion. I was a little worried that they would make her awesome and I would have to track down the set, but... well, they didn't. :D

Oct 26, 2017
They really missed an opportunity to make that Shockwave, but if there's ever a line with only two figures, it will be Optimus and Megatron or Starscream.

Actually, it seems strange now but not too long ago both Bumblebee and Shockwave were basically forgotten, and while we got a few vague Shockwave references Bumblebee was completely missing until the movie.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
Bumblebee basically took Hot Shot's place as the inexperienced warrior groomed by Optimus. Before that he was the scout that couldn't do jack in a battle, who was replaced by Wheelie.
Besides that Optimus Playstation we also got a Megatron Megadrive, which makes perfect sense. Though my favorite is still that Microman reboot's unofficial Playstation that turned into a base.

OP
OP
Claire Delune

Claire Delune

10 Years in the Making
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Seattle Area
Surely Shockwave hasn't been *that* forgotten, has he? He was named Shockblast in Energon, which wasn't that terribly far into the return of vehicular Transformers and was one of the more direct homages for those characters using G1 names. He was a highlight of Transformers Animated toys, he's had at least two Generations toys, and he's back in the main line with Cyberverse.

I mean, he's not getting the A-List treatment, true, but even in G1 he was kind of a second stringer.

Serule

Oct 25, 2017
BotCon webpage updated; there will officially be a new BotCon summer 2021 (no other details yet). So happy about this news.

I'm guessing this also means Hasbro has given up on trying to make HasCon a thing?

Last edited:

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Scorponok leak on TFW looks so good. Not obviously retooled from any other Titan, though he shares Omegas proportions a bit. Hopefully something better than a blurry jpeg is available to look at soon.