• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 26, 2017
Scorponok leak on TFW looks so good. Not obviously retooled from any other Titan, though he shares Omegas proportions a bit. Hopefully something better than a blurry jpeg is available to look at soon.

Oh yes. Scorponok is my favourite titan (and the only one I actually owned as a kid) so I'm definitely getting this one. I just don't see how I'll have space for both him and Omega Supreme. So maybe Predaking and Scorponok will be the guardians of my floor speakers.

Keldroc

Oct 27, 2017
BotCon webpage updated; there will officially be a new BotCon summer 2021 (no other details yet). So happy about this news.

I'm guessing this also means Hasbro has given up on trying to make HasCon a thing?

Unfortunately, racist and homophobe Pete Sinclair is part of this, so that's gonna be a no from me, dawg.

But to feel better let's look at Sky Lynx and Scorponok some more.

d2FBKZq.jpg

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
I'm surprised they're still making battle/micromasters considering nobody around seems to bother to stock them past the initial wave.

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if Scorps will stand up to Fort Max but I also kinda hope that Max (and Metroplex) get written off as mistakes and we get better ones more along the lines of the Trypticon/Omega style as the next Titans instead. I'm sure there is something more obvious post Scorponok but I'm not sure what that would be.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
I wonder if Scorps will stand up to Fort Max but I also kinda hope that Max (and Metroplex) get written off as mistakes and we get better ones more along the lines of the Trypticon/Omega style as the next Titans instead. I'm sure there is something more obvious post Scorponok but I'm not sure what that would be.

That completes the three that were in the poll and I agree with you that besides repaints (sentinels, black zarak, metro titan, etc.) I'm not sure what else they would do. They just did a Star Convoy and we're already getting a Unicron. I doubt Tidal Wave would be that popular.

Keldroc

Oct 27, 2017
Tidal Wave and maybe Primus are the only non-repaint ideas I can think of. Really the Commander class is the more exciting one right now, since it's a size that several neglected characters (like Sky Lynx) should be and so can finally get made. It would also be a good size class for the larger Micromaster bases like Skystalker and Countdown, if they really want to get nuts.

SolidChamp

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm not a huge fan of the Siege Ironhide mode, but I love the exclusive Ratchet. It's sad that he's an exclusive that a lot of people will never see because... walgreens.

The Toys R Us here in Taiwan have lots of stock of him.

Ironhide might be one of my favorite Siege figures, by the way so...I think you're crazy. lol

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
The Toys R Us here in Taiwan have lots of stock of him.

Ironhide might be one of my favorite Siege figures, by the way so...I think you're crazy. lol

It's mainly the build quality... the tabs that hold the leg panels in place aren't the right size, at least in the US release of Ironhide. And that van mode looks incomplete.

Keldroc

Oct 27, 2017
I wouldn't mind this, I like the Titan combiners way more than the regular ones. Most of my complaints have to do with the scramble city aspect though, not sure how much they could improve.

That's surprising to me. The CW combiners aren't super great without the Perfect Effect add-ons, true, and Devastator is solid, but Titan Predaking is hot garbage without upgrades and the individual bots are unsalvageable. I'd rather they do some repaints and quietly retire the Titan class. It served its purpose.

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
That's surprising to me. The CW combiners aren't super great without the Perfect Effect add-ons, true, and Devastator is solid, but Titan Predaking is hot garbage without upgrades and the individual bots are unsalvageable. I'd rather they do some repaints and quietly retire the Titan class. It served its purpose.
I quite like Predaking (with add-ons) and Devastator :P

For the CW bots, I don't like the combiner joint, I never like the arms/elbows, the proportions are poor, and everything all together is flimsy. New hands/feet would fix some of my problems but not all.

But I also don't have a lot to lose if they redid them, I only ever collected Bruticus and Abominus so if they made new stunt/aerial/protectobots I'd be game.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid

I'm with you here. Takara Devastator is pretty nice, but Predaking is just an embarrassment. None of the Titans have an engineering level that justifies their size. Devastator is the only Titan that I have, and it's not just because of their price; above a certain size, they're just not that pleasant to handle, pose or transform.

Grimsen

Oct 25, 2017
Personally, I find the Siege Ironhide mold to be pretty fantastic. He's huge, with great articulation, and a cool cybertronian mode. The head in the windshield is the only downside, but Toyhax has stickers for that.

IMO the leg panels not tabbing properly is not an issue at all, gravity takes care of them just fine.
5chx3nF.jpg
7R6Gbv4.jpg

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
Personally, I find the Siege Ironhide mold to be pretty fantastic. He's huge, with great articulation, and a cool cybertronian mode. The head in the windshield is the only downside, but Toyhax has stickers for that.

IMO the leg panels not tabbing properly is not an issue at all, gravity takes care of them just fine.
5chx3nF.jpg
7R6Gbv4.jpg

I had to wiki who the hell the guy in the middle was. The thing is that his name (Crosshairs) does ring a bell but for the life of me I can't remember absolutely anything about him in any continuity.

Mindwipe

Oct 25, 2017
London

Some of the development team said they might want to redo Metroplex at various shows recently. Which would be good as his alt mode is garbage compared to Trypticon. Fort Max is even worse.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
The Autobot targetmasters have always been pretty underused in fiction. The mini targetmasters less so.

Oh, I see! I can't believe I didn't figure out he's a Targetmaster from his name. :P

It's amazing how vastly different in relevance some Targetmasters have compared to others. I'm just picturing a comic panel (written by Roberts, obviously) with Crosshairs in a bar telling people "You know Rodimus and Kup? I took my Target Master Degree with them".

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
Oh, I see! I can't believe I didn't figure out he's a Targetmaster from his name. :P

It's amazing how vastly different in relevance some Targetmasters have compared to others. I'm just picturing a comic panel (written by Roberts, obviously) with Crosshairs in a bar telling people "You know Rodimus and Kup? I took my Target Master Degree with them".

Part of it is that some Targetmasters were obviously just reused molds, and the others never really had a full fledged US cartoon to introduce kids to them.

I am surprised we never really got the rest of the Headmaster Jrs. though, besides the heads.

Keldroc

Oct 27, 2017
Some of the development team said they might want to redo Metroplex at various shows recently. Which would be good as his alt mode is garbage compared to Trypticon. Fort Max is even worse.

I would definitely not mind replacing Metroplex and Fort Max with more accurate molds. Like, I'm glad they made huge ones as homages but Fort Max in particular felt real half-assed.

Neo0mj

Oct 26, 2017
MP Tigatron and Arcee incoming.

DD643438-1A76-433C-B0FB-E2E7DC2C4416.jpeg

C1AE8167-05F1-4421-A90B-376B0436E033.jpeg

I knew it was a long shot, but I was hoping Takara would take inspiration from Big Firebird's Nicee.

S/

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
MP Tigatron and Arcee incoming.

DD643438-1A76-433C-B0FB-E2E7DC2C4416.jpeg

C1AE8167-05F1-4421-A90B-376B0436E033.jpeg

I knew it was a long shot, but I was hoping Takara would take inspiration from Big Firebird's Nicee.

S/

It's kind of funny how this would have been such an overlong dream come true if it wasn't for Thrilling 30 Arcee (not comparing the two, the MP will obviously be better, but if not for T30 this would be the first decent official Arcee toy ever, MP or not).

*googles*
wat

Neo0mj

Oct 26, 2017
I guess I should not be surprised at all, and I guess as far as creepy stuff goes, this still has nothing on the (official!) TF Kiss Players shit.

It's sad that you're right. This is just bait for thirsty boys, but Kiss players is creepy and drags down characters with it. Dick tongue Megatron hunting down scantily dressed little girl and Optimus kissing them...

SolidChamp

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Looks like the Siege Earthrise figures are slowly beginning to pop up. EmGo did reviews for both Earthrise Leader Class Prime and Deluxe Wheeljack.

Grimsen

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I have a feeling Earthrise is going to his retail in Canada soon too. Specialty stores just got theirs, my guess is EB Games will be getting some soon. Looking forward to Prime and Wheeljack , and from the latest pics and reviews, I might get Screamer and Cliffjumper. I don't know about Hoist, I might just wait for Trailbreaker.

SolidChamp

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Wonderfest was only SS Devastator and MP reveals. Earthrise reveals will be Toyfair.

And there are no real combiners left to do, they all been done throughout the Prime Wars Trilogy

It's just that the Combiner Wars Devastator is impossible to get now. I've been sleeping on TF toy lines until we had our son. The Siege line is what got me hooked because of how it did an incredible job of updating the classic G1 look without bastardizing it.

RyanPrime_

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
It's just that the Combiner Wars Devastator is impossible to get now. I've been sleeping on TF toy lines until we had our son. The Siege line is what got me hooked because of how it did an incredible job of updating the classic G1 look without bastardizing it.

There is a KO Version of Combiner Wars Devastator that is downsized to the same size as the other CW combiners. Should be easier to get a hold of, there was a re-issue of Unite Warriors Devastator last year so don't see another one happening for a while

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid

If we're talking KOs, the Jinbao Gravity Builder set looks downright amazing and it actually kind of made me regret I got the Takara CW one; if I didn't have the latter, I would have jumped on the former in a heartbeat. I mean, look at this shit, and remember you can get it all for a little over $100:

EmGo has reviews for all of the individual components, here's e.g. not-Hook:

SolidChamp

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If we're talking KOs, the Jinbao Gravity Builder set looks downright amazing and it actually kind of made me regret I got the Takara CW one; if I didn't have the latter, I would have jumped on the former in a heartbeat. I mean, look at this shit, and remember you can get it all for a little over $100:

EmGo has reviews for all of the individual components, here's e.g. not-Hook:

Hm. Wonder if I can find one of these here in Taiwan.

Maligna

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
What does everyone think of MP Arcee?

Her face is terrible. Look at this simple fix someone already did using Photoshop.

screenshot_20200210-094241-png.28532382

Parisi

Oct 27, 2017
What does everyone think of MP Arcee?

Her face is terrible. Look at this simple fix someone already did using Photoshop.

screenshot_20200210-094241-png.28532382

It's all part of TT's plans... They release MP-51 Arcee, everyone spends their money, and then a year or so down the road they release MP-51b which they will market as movie accurate with the correct colors and facial expressions and they'll throw in some additional face plates and some other accessories, charge a bit more and everyone will buy the figure again. They have done it like 3x now with Prime. Twice with Megatron & Bumblebee. Why stop now...

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
The face isn't great, but will probably be easily fixable if it comes with swappable expressions the way other recent MPs have.

The torso/chest I think could be a little higher/blend into the neckline a bit better. The way her kneck/collarbone area is constructed makes it appear lower than it is, so it looks a bit off.

Otherwise I like the alt mode and the backpack is smaller than I would have expected it to be.