• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
May 13, 2019
To get access to Mechanical World in Area 2, go to the section north of the exit in Konami Town and destroy the well next to the big castle gate. After a short underground maze, you will get to Surprise Pass and then to the amusement park.

Watch out for the thieving pickpockets inside the park, though.

TheJollyCorner

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
Holy shit!
12/13 year old me would have gone apeshit to play these. I even remember seeing images in EGM or GameFan and wanting a new SNES Legend of the Mystical Ninja sooo badly!

mogster7777

Oct 27, 2017
When I patched goemon 3 with this English patch I get weird visual bugs when I run the games like it's fucked yo the graphics

peekaboo

Nov 4, 2017
I'm SHAKING and CRYING. Every 2-3 months I would check the old ROMhack thread about GG2's translation in case there was any news. And 3 to boot!!

These people are doing god's work.

lupin23rd

Oct 27, 2017
This is great news.
In terms of playing patched games, is there a good explanation somewhere on what the options are? I've got legit hardware and SFC carts along with a framemeister and an RGB cable, and would much rather play using some semblance of real hardware / software rather than an emulator if there is some gizmo out there that will assist in this.

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
This is great news.
In terms of playing patched games, is there a good explanation somewhere on what the options are? I've got legit hardware and SFC carts along with a framemeister and an RGB cable, and would much rather play using some semblance of real hardware / software rather than an emulator if there is some gizmo out there that will assist in this.
it's called the SNES Classic :)

unless you want to go absolutely crazy with live-patching carts or something...

DealWithIt

Oct 28, 2017
Mystical Ninja starring Goemon on for the N64 is at the top of my "remake and then make a sequel" list. I never got into the 2d ones, but this looks pretty rad.

Deleted member 3010

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That's freaking awesome because I imported Ganbare Goemon 2-3-4 last year in hopes that these would release soon!!

Edit: lol their Twitter has me blocked too, and I never interacted with them...shit's free anyway so thank you peeps.

Last edited:

BlockABoots

Oct 27, 2017
Awesome!, ill have to get one of Voultar's Memory Module kits to flash the patch to my Japanese version!!

webHB50.jpg

BTW the group is also re-translating the first game as well!

Last edited:

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
It's a shame that DDSTranslation hates Era and has me on block on Twitter for being an Era member. :T

I guess there's some kind of ResetEra block list out there somewhere.
Hahaha they have me blocked too? lmao ok I guess haha

Edit: oh haha go look at the kinds of people they're following. Notch, Trump, TenNapel, Scott Adams, etc. Wouldn't surprise me if they're using some sort of resetera blocklist

I'm also part of that blocklist it seems.

DDS if you're reading this, nice translations and great work! Had nothing but praise for your work and Tom's. Too bad your irrationnal and obsessive hate pushes you to block people you have literally never interacted with 🙂

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
I'm also part of that blocklist it seems.

DDS if you're reading this, nice translations and great work! Had nothing but praise for your work and Tom's. Too bad your irrationnal and obsessive hate pushes you to block people you have literally never interacted with 🙂
yup, I bet their list blocks people who follow any of the era new thread bots on twitter which is dumb af but you do you, dds. thanks for the translation.

Meatwad

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
USA
This is great news.

Easiest way to play these on original hardware is to grab a flashcart such as the Super Everdrive

B. Spaceman

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Spain
I'm gonna enjoy the games even if they're bigoted (the translators I mean)

Last edited:

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
I am super eager for these. Arent they the ones with the fucked up villain Seppukumaru and his egg shaped minions? That dude was ridiculous in the animated show.

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
Do these have Seppuku Maru the villain whose hobby is somehow Seppuku?
latest

Man Goemon is ridiculous lol. Humor is so out there.

May 13, 2019
I am super eager for these. Arent they the ones with the fucked up villain Seppukumaru and his egg shaped minions? That dude was ridiculous in the animated show.
Do these have Seppuku Maru the villain whose hobby is somehow Seppuku?
latest

Man Goemon is ridiculous lol. Humor is so out there.
He's from the 4th game.

And IIRC Seppukumaru's obsession with seppuku comes from the fact that he thinks it's the ultimate extreme sport. That he plans to be the first to master.

Not to say the villains of these games aren't any less wacky: the main bad guy from Goemon 2 is an insane western missionary turned equally insane Japanophile general who attempts to take over Japan with his bunny themed army to adapt the country to Western values.

Vamphuntr

Oct 25, 2017
it's called the SNES Classic :)

unless you want to go absolutely crazy with live-patching carts or something...

Some emulation console actually let you use your Japanese cart in the slot and the patch on a SD card though. Like the recent iterations of the Retron. They just dump the cart and patch it.

Bjomesphat

Nov 5, 2017
Grew up with the SNES and N64 games. Blew my mind when I found out there were more but we would never get them. This is like a decades long dream for me.

So is anyone working on the 4 PS1 games? Some of them look pretty cool.

Bigmac

Oct 27, 2017
Toronto
Oh damn, this is amazing! I own the SFC versions of the games and have only ever really dabbled, never played them seriously. Time to change that! Thanks for the heads up!

OP
OP
ReyVGM

ReyVGM

Author - NES Endings Compendium
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Grew up with the SNES and N64 games. Blew my mind when I found out there were more but we would never get them. This is like a decades long dream for me.

So is anyone working on the 4 PS1 games? Some of them look pretty cool.

I would rather have someone work on the GBC Goemon game, which is aces.

nDxfMMa.png

Meatwad

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
USA
that's what I meant with the second part. personally not a fan of these. does the analogue nt do that too btw?

No Analouge systems including the NT read cart data from the cart in realtime like the original systems. But you can dump your cart with a cart dumper and patch it and then load it onto the NT Mini via the Jailbreak firmware.

SNT actually does have a cart dumping function in the JB itself, but not sure about NT Mini

Oct 27, 2017
Heck, I assumed these were already fan translated. Now i"m mad i wasn't the one to do it

There's always part 4...
(edit: Nevermind, they're on that one too. Damn, year of dreams for me).

I'll echo the others saying this is a dream from childhood. The 4 Ganbare Goemon games (and to a slightly lesser extent, the PS1 games) are special beyond words. They are literally the only Super NES/Famicom games I own, and I have hoped for this for as long as I can remember. Really hope someone gets on the remaining games.

Looks like I know what I am playing tomorrow...

Hrodulf

Oct 25, 2017
yup, I bet their list blocks people who follow any of the era new thread bots on twitter which is dumb af but you do you, dds. thanks for the translation.
Whatever blocklist they're using presumably has nothing to do with resetera, because my account with 0 tweets, a few animal retweets, and a few anti-Trump likes is blocked by them. The account isn't following anything related to resetera or its members.

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
Whatever blocklist they're using presumably has nothing to do with resetera, because my account with 0 tweets, a few animal retweets, and a few anti-Trump likes is blocked by them. The account isn't following anything related to resetera or its members.
I worry that their blocklist is picking off people for reasons that would make me uncomfortable supporting their work now -.-"

Deleted member 3010

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I worry that their blocklist is picking off people for reasons that would make me uncomfortable supporting their work now -.-"
Meh, not sure if supporting is the right word here.

More like profiting from their work, which I personally don't mind, if they were asking for money they'd automatically fuck off in my book, but I'll take this.

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
mystical ninja was among my favorite games growing up. my friends and i still shot the shit with it on wii VC up until a few years ago when i finally retired my wii for entertainment center real estate.

heard mixed things about he snes sequels and i have faint memories of trying the import copies and not digging them much (which could totally be my imagination) but now's time to check it out i guess

peekaboo

Nov 4, 2017
IMO the sequels (2 & 4 is all I can speak for) are better than the first SNES game. More polished, wackier and with better gameplay. 4 pushes the SNES to its limits, some of the stuff they pull out is quite impressive and the graphics are delicious. Gameplay-wise I think I prefer 2 overall but 4 is the flashier one.

Necromanti

Oct 25, 2017
Alright let's make this happen.

Now I'm wondering if this is authentic or some BS done by the translators after reading this thread.....

I wouldn't be surprised if this was OG though, considering the era it was made in. *sigh*
The original isn't great, either (using the term "newhalf"), but the translation seems actively malicious.

DupSIPE.jpg

mopinks

Oct 27, 2017
my personal ranking would probably be 4 > 3 > 2 > 1

maybe

it might be different tomorrow. they're all good