• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Zippedpinhead

Oct 25, 2017
So my job is sending me to São Paulo, Brazil for an incredibly tight trip. I'm getting in at noon on Monday so Monday evening is essentially the only time I have to myself.

Is there anything I need to know about travel to Brazil? Any food recommendations (like something I should definitely try if it is available)?

Any common phrases to know? Protugese is completely foreign to me so any help is appreciated.

This is my first trip south of the equator, and my first work trip in quite some time

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Foreigns usualy are taken to brazilian food places and they are usually not fan of feijoada, but every foreign people I ever met always loved a good padaria. Pão de Queijo, Coxinha .... they are all in the padaria

E.Balboa

Oct 30, 2017
Florianópolis, Brazil
You can always go for a good churrascaria If you're into beef. All you can eat beef, chicken, pork, plus a complete salad bar that usually has rice/beans (feijoada even), sometimes they've got sushi as well, plus tons of desserts for a flat fee.

Yes it's decadent and it's awesome if you're into it.

As for phrases, you can't go wrong with:

- obrigado (thanks)
- por favor (please)
- com licença (excuse me)
- bom dia (good morning)
- boa noite (good evening / good night)
- boa tarde (good afternoon)
- muito bom (Nice / good / Very good)
- tudo bem? (How are you / is everything okay)
- prazer ! (Nice to meet you)
- sim (yes)
- não (no)

Edit:
My brother in law is American Ang he loves feijoada. He also loves churrasco (bbq) so there's that. São Paulo hasba huge culinary scene and you can't really go wrong. Take a walk to the Market and try some pastel and the local sandwich, they're pretty good.

Syriel

Banned
Dec 13, 2017
So my job is sending me to São Paulo, Brazil for an incredibly tight trip. I'm getting in at noon on Monday so Monday evening is essentially the only time I have to myself.

Is there anything I need to know about travel to Brazil? Any food recommendations (like something I should definitely try if it is available)?

Any common phrases to know? Protugese is completely foreign to me so any help is appreciated.

This is my first trip south of the equator, and my first work trip in quite some time

Silly question, but you do have your visa right?

And if you drink, try Cachaça. Don't worry about Portuguese. If you're staying in Sao Paulo, you can get by on English.

IggyChooChoo

Oct 25, 2017
São Paulo has some of the best Italian food anywhere. The Catupiry pizza is weird and wonderful. See if you can get fruits like acerola or fruta do conde. Or maybe a crazy-huge mortadela sandwich at the mercado municipal.