• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Zedelima

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Well, my first thread!
So i will be traveling to orlando next month and wanted to know if there are good phisical stores to buy PC parts. USA have a much better price than my country and just don't want to miss the oportunity.
Already searched but only found TigerStores, and people say they don't have a lot o high-end parts.
Thanks!

tadale

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta
Hmm - looks like Orlando's missing the two I usually use: MicroCenter and Fry's. Have you considered buying from an online store and having the items shipped to your hotel during your stay?

Carfo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just use newegg.com and use a paypal account imo, as tadale said, have it shipped to you.

Abstrusity

Oct 27, 2017
Newegg, of you can catch the Best Buy in Ocoee, but they might not have high end parts, either.

Godfather

Game on motherfuckers
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I could do that but the thing is, i rented a house this time. I will be staying 17 days and will only be at the house during the night.
So no one will be receiving the package.
Pretty sure I saw some of those amazon lockers where you can pick it up from there at any time. But then you're limited to Amazon. FWIW, a lot of neighborhoods are safe enough for a package to be delivered while you are not present.

Edit:

Also curious where you're from that makes this feasible. Is this a potential customs issue? What about luggage space overall?

OP
OP

Zedelima

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Pretty sure I saw some of those amazon lockers where you can pick it up from there at any time. But then you're limited to Amazon. FWIW, a lot of neighborhoods are safe enough for a package to be delivered while you are not present.

Edit:

Also curious where you're from that makes this feasible. Is this a potential customs issue? What about luggage space overall?
Yeah i heard about this lockers as well! Maybe i will check it out how everthing works.

Well, im from the good and old Brasil, in eletronics overall (cellphones, video games, pc parts) and pretty much everything, we pay at least 4x what it costs in USA. For us, the prices in USA are so attractive that traveling just for buying things would be cheaper than buying here.
I will give you a example, a iphone x in usd costs 999 dolars, here in brazil they will sell at 7,800 reais, and that would be 2,222 dolars.