• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Mod Edit - Additional Info (New Trailer, Shirts, etc)

Sorry for the many threads folks, this will be pretty much everything from the official stream that played in the last hour. Maybe mods can merge them ?

Suda single-handedly struck a collaboration with Nintendo, Capcom and Spike Chunsoft in a single stream. Your fav would NEVER

Trailer:

• Badgirl will be playable
  • This level will be very challenging, you're going to have to cross checkpoints under a certain time limit and there will be many traps
  • The last chapter of the adventure game part will also be released, paving the way for the future of the franchise
  • New music too, obviously, the stream has shown some RNB and Drum n Bass to spice the various stages of Killer Marathon

New character appearing:
Henry "Motherfucking" Cooldown
4RrWtvQ.png

DRAGON'S DOGMA COLLABORATION

screenshot_2019-04-15glkjl.jpg

Travis Touchdown is a fighter in Dragon's Dogma Switch, they weren't able to include his sunglasses but they inserted his beam katana and power glove (which looks like a glowing sword lmao). You can play this low-cost Travis day one after connecting to the internet. Better than Smash, hell yeah

T-SHIRTS

Dragon's Dogma
DUMIwce.png

Fire Pro Wrestling World
fP5MmsW.jpg

Wind Waker (Zelda T-Shirts gives a charged attack move for Travis)
Eihej2O.jpg

hVt28Li.jpg

The amount of collaborations of big publishers is now : Forbidden Siren, Zelda II, Majora's Mask, Wind Waker, Jet Set Radio, Deadly Premonition. At this point only Microsoft is missing. Maybe Travis isn't a big Xbox fan ?

Suda51 also announced he will be at Momocon. Last year, he had announced Killer7 for Steam at Momocon, so maybe new info to be had ?

Alright, I'll be honest. I seriously did not expect to see a Travis pawn in DD:DA. I'm fucking down, though.

DUMIwce.png

rufnKhQ.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
Ha, that's cool.
It's just a shame he'lll be made absolutely redundant within like 30 minutes of being able to use him.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
This I didn't see coming. Maybe this bodes well for Dragon's Dogma 2 (even if it'd likely skip the Switch in favor of next-gen hardware)?

I wonder if Travis will get other shirts based on upcoming third party Switch ports.

Kapryov

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
His pawn is only special because he starts with a dragonforged sword, right? Doesn't look like he gets any unique outfit or anything.
Well the sword means he might be useful for a short while at least.

Eisen Sora

Jun 22, 2018
I dont have a Switch but this kind of news make me happy. Switch owners, enjoy DD and these collaborations

Landford

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
DD2 with REngine graphics is coming, isnt it?

This I didn't see coming. Maybe this bodes well for Dragon's Dogma 2 (even if it'd likely skip the Switch in favor of next-gen hardware)?

I wonder if Travis will get other shirts based on upcoming third party Switch ports.
Honestly, I would think this is more indicative that Suda and Capcom have a good relationship, which bodes better for the Switch port of Killer7 that Suda really wants to happen than anything else.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
If the pawn doesn't scream "Fuckheads" while mashing on the monsters, they failed with this collab! ^^

Deleted member 41931

User requested account closure
Apr 10, 2018
That's really cool. Travis in Dragon's Dogma isn't exclusive to the Switch version, right? Might use this as an excuse to go back and play it for a bit if not.

Clov

Oct 25, 2017

I honestly think that the shirts are just based on games Suda likes. He even managed to get a shirt from Siren in the game, and that's a first party Sony franchise.

Honestly, I would think this is more indicative that Suda and Capcom have a good relationship, which bodes better for the Switch port of Killer7 that Suda really wants to happen than anything else.

Fingers crossed!

OP
OP
vestan

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Yeah, he was on stream with Capcom producer Minae Matsukawa talking about the upcoming DD:DA port on the Switch. I do think if Capcom and Suda weren't in a good relationship, they wouldn't have signed off on the Killer7 PC port. I do think we'll get a current-gen port at some point but that's all on Capcom really.

Wait is fire pro world even on Switch?
It isn't, but these shirts haven't necessarily corresponded with titles that Suda knows anything about in terms of their status as an incoming game for the platform. At the very least, there's a FPW shirt in the game simply due to it being the series that he got his start on in the industry and the first game he ever wrote for.

BBboy20

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It isn't, but these shirts haven't necessarily corresponded with titles that Suda knows anything about in terms of their status as an incoming game for the platform. At the very least, there's a FPW shirt in the game simply due to it being the series that he got his start on in the industry and the first game he ever wrote for.
and the upcoming DLC he wrote for.

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
Sorry for the many threads folks, this will be pretty much everything from the official stream that played in the last hour. Maybe mods can merge them ?

Suda single-handedly struck a collaboration with Nintendo, Capcom and Spike Chunsoft in a single stream. Your fav would NEVER

Trailer:

• Badgirl will be playable
  • This level will be very challenging, you're going to have to cross checkpoints under a certain time limit and there will be many traps
  • The last chapter of the adventure game part will also be released, paving the way for the future of the franchise
  • New music too, obviously, the stream has shown some RNB and Drum n Bass to spice the various stages of Killer Marathon

New character appearing:
Henry "Motherfucking" Cooldown
4RrWtvQ.png

DRAGON'S DOGMA COLLABORATION

screenshot_2019-04-15glkjl.jpg

Travis Touchdown is a fighter in Dragon's Dogma Switch, they weren't able to include his sunglasses but they inserted his beam katana and power glove (which looks like a glowing sword lmao). You can play this low-cost Travis day one after connecting to the internet. Better than Smash, hell yeah

T-SHIRTS

Dragon's Dogma
DUMIwce.png

Fire Pro Wrestling World
fP5MmsW.jpg

Wind Waker (Zelda T-Shirts gives a charged attack move for Travis)
Eihej2O.jpg

hVt28Li.jpg

The amount of collaborations of big publishers is now : Forbidden Siren, Zelda II, Majora's Mask, Wind Waker, Jet Set Radio, Deadly Premonition. At this point only Microsoft is missing. Maybe Travis isn't a big Xbox fan ?

Suda51 also announced he will be at Momocon. Last year, he had announced Killer7 for Steam at Momocon, so maybe new info to be had ?

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
suda must have gone drinking with a lot of people to pull these off (even if a lot of the shirts are... kinda lame looking lol)

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR
Good stuff. Missed the trailer in the stream when I caught it back.
Guess I'm going to play through the remaining TSA games to get ready for the new DLC since it's week.

OP
OP
vestan

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Probably a Moonlight Syndrome remake or more news on the Flower, Sun, and Rain remaster. I remember Suda actually teasing Moonlight Syndrome on his Insta (he did the same thing with The Silver Case HD remaster which he then officially announced a month later. Also he did the same thing with The 25th Ward remake so maybe?).

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Let's fucking goooooooooooo

Mad hyped for what the future has in store, and Killer Marathon looks like a super cool level. I liked the combat in the game, but I felt like it could've used more interesting level gimmicks and beats to make it shine. This seems like it's gonna go a long way in doing that. Also GOD DAAAAMN Bad Girl looking fresh as fuck.

I0C5RIC.png

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
what's the point of merging threads and if you're merging it with the thread that has the least amount of information ? Mods, please

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
AS IF I NEEDED ANOTHER REASON TO BUY DRAGON'S DOGMA AGAIN

Good for Suda! I'm looking forward to seeing the new stage! Hope this puts more eyes on the game!

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
I just want them to patch the game so I can actually use Shinobu without having to beat the game all over again on NG+.

Harpoon

Oct 27, 2017
Holy crap, that DD news came out of nowhere. Also happy the DLC's coming out so soon!

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
The new game is looking pretty good. Hopefully it avoids the pitfalls of the base games levels of being stretched too thin.

Linde

Banned
Sep 2, 2018
i want to play as bad girl
if i get the dlc, can i play the whole game as her? or is it a specific section of it?

Aswitch

Nov 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Holy crap. So many details! Can't wait for this DLC. Feels like this will actually be more worthwhile compared to the 1st one. Also I would not be surprised if we get Travis announced for smash at this point at momocon. The stars are aligning too perfectly.

Edit: Actually what would be even more perfect is Travis No More Heroes 1 & 2 announced for switch ALONG with Travis for Smash announcement.

Last edited:

Tibarn

Oct 31, 2017
Barcelona
Haven't bought the game yet, should I?
Finished it a few days ago, and I can't really recommend it.

On one hand, fantastic writing and a really fun VN section. Also some good cutscenes. Music is a mixed bag, but the retro tracks are really good.

On the other hand, really basic gameplay that gets really repetitive, horrible input buffer and lots of bad gimmicks. The game tries to be "6 indie games" but the sad reality is that you will play most of the time the same half-cooked beat-em-up that integrates atrocious platforming and some annoying gimmicks in order to be "6 games". For a game that seems that obsesses with indies and Ue4, it looks really bad (most of the stages seem made using a free asset pack) and plays far worse than any of the indies the game tries to mimmick.

About the DLC, happy to see new content, from what I know the first DLC was basically a new character for the full story.

Sumio Mondo

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Probably a Moonlight Syndrome remake or more news on the Flower, Sun, and Rain remaster. I remember Suda actually teasing Moonlight Syndrome on his Insta (he did the same thing with The Silver Case HD remaster which he then officially announced a month later. Also he did the same thing with The 25th Ward remake so maybe?).

Wait, what? How would that even work with how the game has such a distinctive PS1 CG aesthetic to it? So a complete remake?

Do you have a link to this tease?

CaptainNuevo

Mascot Maniac
Oct 25, 2017
Finished it a few days ago, and I can't really recommend it.

On one hand, fantastic writing and a really fun VN section. Also some good cutscenes. Music is a mixed bag, but the retro tracks are really good.

On the other hand, really basic gameplay that gets really repetitive, horrible input buffer and lots of bad gimmicks. The game tries to be "6 indie games" but the sad reality is that you will play most of the time the same half-cooked beat-em-up that integrates atrocious platforming and some annoying gimmicks in order to be "6 games". For a game that seems that obsesses with indies and Ue4, it looks really bad (most of the stages seem made using a free asset pack) and plays far worse than any of the indies the game tries to mimmick.

About the DLC, happy to see new content, from what I know the first DLC was basically a new character for the full story.
Out of curiosity did you run through the game in 1 longer sitting or break it up? I found the gameplay just engaging enough and had a lot of fun with it personally, but I only played < 1 hour at a time most of the time, or maybe 1 death drive game per day, so curious if the length of play sessions changes the impression.