• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Booga

Alt account
Banned
Sep 15, 2018
Two full hours of gameplay/info. Suda 51 has said he will detail the 8 different games and their various mechanics. The DLC and some of its contents, and further collaborations and interesting goodies. Plus some manner of "Huge Announcement".

For those who have been on the fence because so little has been shown of the game so far, this is the moment that will either sell you or convince you to leave this one on the shelf.

So who thinks this one is gonna be insanely good? Suda 51's first time back in the director's chair since the first No More Heroes (sort of). I have incredibly high hopes for this one, as it seems to hit a lot of my interests.
Update: New trailer. First of several it seems:

Update, on request, here in an interview from late November where Suda details some of the contents of the upcoming stream. This is where I got the additional details. Some of the more interesting statements In addition to the above stated, apparently the in game T-shirts will not only be for indie games, and there will be some bigger franchises in t-shirt form for Travis to wear:

- "This special program includes plenty of contents such as announcement of release date of Japanese version, continuation report of collaboration T shirt, announcement of additional update and detailed information of DLC, as well as actual machine play. Also, guests are expected to appear.

In addition to indie game collaboration on collaboration T shirt, collaboration with large game title is also decided. Its name is "Legend T - shirt". Mr. Koichi Suda said, "That famous game will come."

- "
Mr. Famitsu Editor Katsuhiko Hayashi: This (Collaboration T-shirt), there are some T-shirts added later by the way? DLC-like.

Mr. Suda: There is, there is.

Mr. Suda: Mr. DLC, or with an additional patch. Will it be treated as an additional patch?

Mr. Suda: Because there are also legend T-shirts.

Mr. Katsuhiko Hayashi: Oh I see. Such as well.

Mr. Suda Gojichi: There are not indies out there too We are preparing for the game.

Mr. Katsuhiko Hayashi: Wow.

Mr. Suda: That famous game will come.

Mr. Katsuhiko Hayashi: Is it serious?

Is not it so-called indie thing?

Mr. Kudo Suda: It is amazing already. I do not mean to get it OK."

Last edited:

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
not sure if i want to watch now and get details on everything.
i'm already like 90% convinced i want the physical version with the season pass in it.
i wonder what the "huge announcement" could be? a collection of the first two games?

Deleted member 9714

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I preordered the physical copy while I still had GCU. Looking forward to this as a way to see if it's worth keeping.

OP
OP
Booga

Booga

Alt account
Banned
Sep 15, 2018
not sure if i want to watch now and get details on everything.
i'm already like 90% convinced i want the physical version with the season pass in it.
i wonder what the "huge announcement" could be? a collection of the first two games?
That is my guess. No More Heroes 1 and 2 HD for Switch. Makes a lot of sense.

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017
HUGE ANNOUNCEMENT better be Travis for Smash.

I'm looking forward to seeing more of the game, it looked pretty fun so far but I feel like I've not seen much game play at all. But maybe they'll just show off every single indie game t-shirt for 2 hours, which sounds about right.

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
Maybe their announcement is that GhM has truly gone indie. The director of Let it Die scrubbed every info of the company on his twitter bio and handle. They apparently downsized to a 10-man studio

MarcelRguez

Nov 7, 2018
I'm very glad this game exists but, at the same time, it's been hard to get excited about it. At the end of the day, it's a Switch exclusive, so I'm probably getting it at some point.

Thanks for the heads up, OP.

CesareNorrez

Oct 25, 2017
I have the physical edition pre-ordered. Suda don't need to sell me anymore, but great to see how excited he is for this game.

OP
OP
Booga

Booga

Alt account
Banned
Sep 15, 2018
it does make sense, but won't it overshadow the main point of the presentation? i assume people would be a lot more hyped for the collection than this spin-off game.
Um, well, I guess that depends on what they show of this "spin-off game". I have a feeling it is going to surprise some folk with what it offers. Not much has been shown to-date, so maybe hold that thought until AFTER they show off the game?

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Um, well, I guess that depends on what they show of this "spin-off game". I have a feeling it is going to surprise some folk with what it offers. Not much has been shown to-date, so maybe hold that thought until AFTER they show off the game?
you're right. either way, i'm already sold on travis strikes back and will get the HD collection of the 2 games if it's announced.

Capra

Oct 25, 2017
8 gameplay types sounds like a lot to pull from for a potential Smash moveset...

OP
OP
Booga

Booga

Alt account
Banned
Sep 15, 2018
Maybe their announcement is that GhM has truly gone indie. The director of Let it Die scrubbed every info of the company on his twitter bio and handle. They apparently downsized to a 10-man studio
This is completely made up. Provide a single link to even a vague rumor about this from a person other than a forum member like you repeating something another forum member said. Pretty sure this rumor got started when Suda 51 said he had a 10-15 man team working on Travis Strikes Again, and people mistook him for saying Grasshopper was only about 10-15 people. Grasshopper currently has between 35-50 employees. And they aren't going any more "indie" So maybe stop spreading that silly nonsense unless you have a single solitary way to substantiate it.
HUGE ANNOUNCEMENT better be Travis for Smash.

I'm looking forward to seeing more of the game, it looked pretty fun so far but I feel like I've not seen much game play at all. But maybe they'll just show off every single indie game t-shirt for 2 hours, which sounds about right.
They have actually shown off a decent amount, just in very small bits over the last year. here is a post of mine from another thread:

Here is the best breakdown I can come up with.
travis_scan_2.jpg

Before we start, each of these are full games, with several levels and end bosses, each with unique play mechanics and unique visual style. As of right now there are 9 games in Travis Strikes Again including the announced DLC. 3 playable characters each with their own unique story and moves/fighting style. They are described below

1 - Electric Thunder Tiger
We know this game is an isometric hack and slash, and it has several levels (we have seen 4 distinct levels in this game and 1 boss arena) and a boss, much akin to isometric beat-em-up arcade titles like Gauntlet. The final boss is Electric Triple Star
tsa6.png

ZgZSCHK.jpg

ehKxvue.jpg

2 - Coffee and Doughnuts
Side Scrolling action platformer set in a post apocalyptic wasteland. we have only seen 2 distinct levels shown from this, but according to Suda 51 each Death Drive game is a fully finished retro style game. The final boss is Brian Buster
459196.jpg

459195.jpg

3 - Killer Marathon
an overhead Smash TV style arena survival game which takes place in Pinball style arenas, based on concept Art it seems like you are supposed to fight, run through traps and obstacles AND play (maybe) pinball simultaneously. only a bit of Art has been shown for this world. The final boss is Silver Face.
RSwVjat.png

4 - Golden Dragon GP
an RPG/story based racing game that uses a really neat wireframe/polygonal art style. There are fully rendered scenes in this particular game world too, as we have seen from screens. Several tracks with unique locals are included. The final boss is Bomb Man
tsa3.png

tsa2.png

5 - Life is Destroy
a puzzle action horror game that has you solving directional puzzles while engaging n combat and avoiding hazards. A very similar mini game was in No More Heroes 2. Interestingly this game features live action cutscenes. Final boss is Doppelgänger.
tsa4.png

houses.png

tsa1.png

6 - Serious Moonlight
We don't know much about this one, but it is said to be the magnum Opus of the Death Drive, and open world RPG game set in a demonic realm ruled by the final boss Eight Heart. It is supposed to be the longest and largest of the Death Drive games.
travis-strikes-again-no-more-heroes_conceptart_lvY8x.jpg

The 7th
last of the known Death Drive games is set in a modern city, and revolves around an unnamed demon killer who uses this golden gun. The character appears in a game-within-a-game that has a modern setting, and Suda 51 has hinted that this game is linked to Killer 7.
nmh31_thumb.png

The 8th game: visual novel
that takes place in the over-world/real world and ties all of the Death Drive games together, it is also how Travis acquires the Death Drive games.
Travis-Strikes-Again-Interview_04-09-18_003.jpg

And lastly we know that at least one of the Season Pass DLC will have a new Death Drive game as well as a new character to play through a unique story with. The main hypothesis is that the character will either be Bad Girl or Shinobu.
BadGirlNoMoreHeroes-1024x576.jpg

NMH+Shinobu+comparison.jpg

I would say this game looks pretty varied with 9 unique games with varying styles and gameplay mechanics, its really too bad, or very intentional that they have shown off the same Death Drive game over and over...I am leaning toward very intentional.

Vinnk

Oct 26, 2017
Japan
Already pre-ordered because I love the series and trust Suda 51. But really the gameplay they have shown so far did not knock my socks off so I'm very hyped to see more.

Oct 27, 2017
Obviously the big announcement is a small scene with Travis looking at a poster of Zelda, Peach and ZSS and getting a nosebleed and then an answering machine message that he assumes is another UAA challenge, but is instead for something called Smash Bros

Also, SUDA, I WILL PAY MONEY FOR A VOICE OVER DLC!

OP
OP
Booga

Booga

Alt account
Banned
Sep 15, 2018
Obviously the big announcement is a small scene with Travis looking at a poster of Zelda, Peach and ZSS and getting a nosebleed and then an answering machine message that he assumes is another UAA challenge, but is instead for something called Smash Bros
I am still crossing my fingers that when Travis gets his Death Drive wish granted, it will be to be in Smash. And then not only will he be in Smash, but it will be oddly canon.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I doubt the "huge announcement" is gonna be Travis in Smash. We just got our first DLC pack announcement.

... though I do think he has a strong chance of being one of the characters that is DLC.

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
This is completely made up. Provide a single link to even a vague rumor about this from a person other than a forum member like you repeating something another forum member said. Pretty sure this rumor got started when Suda 51 said he had a 10-15 man team working on Travis Strikes Again, and people mistook him for saying Grasshopper was only about 10-15 people. Grasshopper currently has between 35-50 employees. And they aren't going any more "indie" So maybe stop spreading that silly nonsense unless you have a single solitary way to substantiate it.

I don't know why you're so angsty about it. This rumor didn't start with this interview, it started when rumors arose during BitSummit, also corroborated with a photo of Suda and what looked like his team being very small. On top of that, Grasshopper Manufacture relocated offices to Jimbocho when they were previously sharing office space in the same building as Gung-ho, and now Hideyuki Shin, the director of Let it DIe and Killer is Dead scrubbed every info of grasshopper when his handle had grasshopper in the name.

https://twitter.com/hideyukishin

OP
OP
Booga

Booga

Alt account
Banned
Sep 15, 2018
I don't know why you're so angsty about it. This rumor didn't start with this interview, it started when rumors arose during BitSummit, also corroborated with a photo of Suda and what looked like his team being very small. On top of that, Grasshopper Manufacture relocated offices to Jimbocho when they were previously sharing office space in the same building as Gung-ho, and now Hideyuki Shin, the director of Let it DIe and Killer is Dead scrubbed every info of grasshopper when his handle had grasshopper in the name.

https://twitter.com/hideyukishin

No angst, just repeatedly seeing this misunderstanding get spread around. The photo you posted there literally says "The TSA team" Which we already knew that he took 10-15 out of the 50 or so at Grasshopper and had them working on Travis Strikes Again (TSA).

Moving offices is a sign of growth, not reduction. So basically the team is now large enough they they require their own office.

As for the dude scrubbing his account, why would you think that was meant to indicate anything other than him leaving Grasshopper? Seems to me is he removed "grasshopper" from his personal account it is because he plans on leaving the company. Which happens all the time in game development.

So basically, you mistook the 15 people working on Travis Strikes Again for ALL of Grasshopper, when Suda himself said he was only using a small team from the large group at Grasshopper to give Travis Strikes Again that "indie feel". And after making that one misunderstanding, the rest of your misunderstandings just snowballed? This is what I am gathering. So it isn't even a rumor you heard, just you making a rumor based on your own misinterpretation of the facts?

DeuceGamer

Oct 27, 2017
Not sure I want to watch if they are going to spoil a lot of the game.

I am hoping for an announcement for a NMH 1/2 HD collection.

Sumio Mondo

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
A shame Hideyuki Shin (director of Killer is Dead and LET IT DIE) has seemingly left Grasshopper, that's news to me. I'm sure he'll land on his feet, he's a talented director.

Also, there's definitely more than 10 people working at Grasshopper - a small team was working on LET IT DIE content and another tiny team were working on The 25th Ward at the same time as Travis Strikes Again. I think the departure of Shin and any other devs must have been very recent.

AfropunkNyc

Nov 15, 2017
I'm on the fence with this game but if my money goes towards funding a true no more heroes game, then ill bend.

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
Sounds great. The two NMH games on the Wii were two of my three favorite games on the system. So stylish, oddball and simply not giving a fuck about modern conventions. I can already play the first two on Dolphin, but I wouldn't mind having another excuse to finally buy a Switch.

Velezcora

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 16, 2017
Anyone know if Europe is getting the physical edition for Travis Strikes Back? I've been wanting to pre-order it and I can't find it anywhere.
Nintendo of Europe is absurdly slow with putting things up for pre-order though. They need to take a page from NoA on this.

Alastor3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
honestly, i dont care about the gameplay being simple and not like a real no more heroes, I like the different game, and im sure the story, characters and humor are still gonna be there.

Day 1

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
No angst, just repeatedly seeing this misunderstanding get spread around. The photo you posted there literally says "The TSA team" Which we already knew that he took 10-15 out of the 50 or so at Grasshopper and had them working on Travis Strikes Again (TSA).

Moving offices is a sign of growth, not reduction. So basically the team is now large enough they they require their own office.

As for the dude scrubbing his account, why would you think that was meant to indicate anything other than him leaving Grasshopper? Seems to me is he removed "grasshopper" from his personal account it is because he plans on leaving the company. Which happens all the time in game development.

So basically, you mistook the 15 people working on Travis Strikes Again for ALL of Grasshopper, when Suda himself said he was only using a small team from the large group at Grasshopper to give Travis Strikes Again that "indie feel". And after making that one misunderstanding, the rest of your misunderstandings just snowballed? This is what I am gathering. So it isn't even a rumor you heard, just you making a rumor based on your own misinterpretation of the facts?

Look, you're interpreting just the same as me. There isn't anything that you're doing that proves that GhM isn't going through changes. Not to mention TSA isn't even remotely affiliated with GungHo in any capacity even as they are a parent company.

GhM hasn't even been 50 strong since Shadows of the Damned. Not to mention the employee count of GhM has literally been lowered from 35 to 20 in their official japanese website.

MarcelRguez

Nov 7, 2018
Considering Nintendo is publishing two Marvelous games in the west (Travis Strikes again and Daemon X Machina), I have a pretty good feeling about this. Wouldn't surprise me at all if Nintendo partners with Suda and Marvelous to make this happen.
Damn, I wasn't even thinking about this. Grasshopper seems to be self-publishing TSA, though, Nintendo is in charge of distribution. Not sure if the distinction is that significant, but it's there.

Besides that, what's the exact relationship between Grasshopper and Marvelous?

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
I'll show you something a little bit more interesting when I get home. You'll see there are signs pointing to it. I just don't know why you're being so abrasive when there are very good points pointing to it.