• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

GhostTrick

Oct 25, 2017
That's the least exciting thing they could've announced. But if it means NMH 3 being multiplat, I'll take it.

R.T Straker

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
The game is terrible, but if this will help out getting NMS on more platforms then it's fair.

Oct 25, 2017
The reason I asked is because I recall Suda51 saying the sales of this game need to be good in order for NMH3 to be a thing. So I assumed the sales weren't too hot if it has to also come to other platforms as a result.

Not too dumb if you think about it.
I would say it'd be dumb since it's certain Suda was already making NMH3 happen.

I hope it does somewhat alright though (I have no delusions that the sales will be substantial), last time an NHM game was outside Nintendo it bombed to hell, and regardless of what's in production Suda needs all the sales he can get.

Mercenary09

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This would get announced like 2 weeks after I bought the Switch version thinking it would stay exclusive. Guess I'm buying again on PS4.

Dascu

Oct 28, 2017
Travis Strikes Again is an excellent game, and Suda's most personal and inspired title since the original NMH. I hope it finds a broader audience and that it paves the way for No More Heroes 3.

-shadow-

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Still haven't gotten around to getting the game on the Switch, I prefer it on there. But maybe a good sale on Steam will make me pick it up there as well some day.

Oct 25, 2017
Sucks that NMH2 never made it to PS3 like the first one did, played it there with the Move. I guess NMH3 won't include motion controls which is fine - even on Switch it would need to get rid of them to support handheld play.

Kane

Oct 28, 2017
Welp, I just lost interest in this game.
I know it sounds ridiculous, but being a Nintendo exclusive makes a game way more appealing for me, especially niche titles like this.

Tibarn

Oct 31, 2017
Barcelona
I am a Suda 51 fan and I thought it was terrible, his worst by far. People on ERA seem to like it for some reason though.
I agree, I liked NMH1 and NMH2 a lot but TSA seems like a mediocre indie homage, in fact most "big" indies feel way more interesting to play. The game takes inspiration from far better games, and the "different" games it offer are different takes on a repetitive and not particullary good formula.

The game has some nice music and some great writing, but the playable experience is mediocre at best.

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
Suda's power should not be constrained to a single console and all 3rd party games should be on as many PC storefronts as possible.

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
that's super ridiculous, it being on other platforms won't change your experience in any way.

TmSdS.jpg

NightShift

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
I'll buy it to support it. Loved the first one on PS3. Any chance NMH2 can be on Playstation too or did Nintendo have too much involvement?

cj_iwakura

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coral Springs, FL
I agree, I liked NMH1 and NMH2 a lot but TSA seems like a mediocre indie homage, in fact most "big" indies feel way more interesting to play. The game takes inspiration from far better games, and the "different" games it offer are different takes on a repetitive and not particullary good formula.

The game has some nice music and some great writing, but the playable experience is mediocre at best.
The KTP discord has been going nuts over all the little references and multiverse stuff in TSA, so I'm looking forward to it.
(I'm arguably the biggest fan of his works here, but I don't have a Switch.)

Also bummed it wasn't the rumored FSR HD, I think that would have pleased more people... though that room might not have cared, lol, that was definitely preaching to the Travis choir.

Sumio Mondo

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
I like Suda getting on the Steam train. Still wondering when we'll hear more about Flower Sun and Rain. I'm guessing that'll be a 25th Ward-esque full on remake, given the games... age, but also the jokes that rely on that age. This is the kind of art it deserves tbh.

It's going to be fascinating to see how they tackle it, for sure. Makes me wonder if Active Games Media are developing it right now alongside a tiny team from Grasshopper or if it's been put on the back-burner until NMH3 is finished.

Also, that art is amazing.

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
NMH 1 was on PS3? had no idea

Welp, I just lost interest in this game.
I know it sounds ridiculous, but being a Nintendo exclusive makes a game way more appealing for me, especially niche titles like this.

So many people feel like this (in every platform), but they don't say it lol