• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
So it is just a spinoff title?
It's not NMH3 because it plays differently but it's a foundational title for the future of the series. It has an incredible amount of story content and characterization for Travis Touchdown that will carry on for NMH3, it also sets up the groundwork for the Sudaverse, in which almost all his series are now canon in the same universe and crossovers will happen (Killer7, The Silver Case, Flower Sun and Rain, Killer is Dead, Let it Die)

NMH 1 was on PS3? had no idea
A version of NMH1 was on PS3 (and Xbox 360 in just Japan, if you can believe it). Calling it a proper NMH1 would very much hurt Suda's feelings, considering that feelplus proceeded to shit all over the game with the changes they made on virtually every front. It is by far the worst way to experience the first game by a country mile.

Oct 25, 2017
A version of NMH1 was on PS3 (and Xbox 360 in just Japan, if you can believe it). Calling it a proper NMH1 would very much hurt Suda's feelings, considering that feelplus proceeded to shit all over the game with the changes they made on virtually every front. It is by far the worst way to experience the first game by a country mile.
What were the bad changes? That's the version I played. The only big change I saw was that wrestling moves are made with only one hand because the PS Move navigation controller (the nunchuck equivalent) doesn't have motion.

In Europe the PS3 version is also better because it's not censored like the Wii version is.

ThatsMyTrunks

Mokuzai Studio
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
San Antonio, TX
I'd like it if there were a way to add your own shirts to Travis' collection like skins in GTA 3/VC on PC. Just dump a texture in a folder and have it propogate in game.

Very excited for the PC release of this.

Aske

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Canadia
I would absolutely love to replay Killer 7. That remains Suda's finest game by far, in my opinion. I watched a let's play of Travis Strikes Again, and it looked miserable to play. The visual novel stuff was super cool though.

Oct 27, 2017

Don't forget some of the worst screen tearing of all time. I feel nauseous just thinking about it.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Killer Marathon is an OST of the year all on its own.

gJ3phSp.gif

What were the bad changes? That's the version I played. The only big change I saw was that wrestling moves are made with only one hand because the PS Move navigation controller (the nunchuck equivalent) doesn't have motion.

In Europe the PS3 version is also better because it's not censored like the Wii version is.
Boy, where to begin!

-worse framerate (which is no small feat, considering how ropey the Wii game gets in that department)
-screen tearing like few other games on the market
-significantly increased loading times (again, no small feat compared to the Wii game)
-combat in general was re-balanced to make common enemies much more durable, which bogged down the game on the whole in a misguided attempt to make it more like a character-action game with a combat system that wasn't adjusted to allow for that kind of combat variation to justify the HP increase

Being uncensored in Europe and Japan was not worth the shoddiness of everything else.

BakedTanooki

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Currently playing it on the switch and will happily buy it again on PS4 (and getting all the trophies).
Cool and fun No More Heroes/Suda game, especially in coop.

CatAssTrophy

Dec 4, 2017
Texas
I've only ever played NMH (PS3), Lollipop Chainsaw, and Killer is Dead. This looks like it could be interesting but I really liked the games I've played so far so I think I could deal with some jank. I would love a current gen remaster of the NMH games, LC and KiD though too. (doubtful though considering they were all published by different companies it seems)

Oct 27, 2017
Sorry, I hate to dig this thread up (it was either this or the Switch OT, and I wasn't sure which to go with), but I was wondering if anybody had cleared the game on PS4 or PC, yet? I'm curious as to whether the post-credit teaser was kept in those ports or not, and if so... what that might imply...
Also, if anybody was wondering, the Japanese physical release of the PS4 version has full English support! People seem to think it's only for the Asian release, but I switched my console language to English just to check, and everything from the opening cutscene subtitles to the menus and NPC dialogue in-game was all in English.

Son of Sparda

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Sorry, I hate to dig this thread up (it was either this or the Switch OT, and I wasn't sure which to go with), but I was wondering if anybody had cleared the game on PS4 or PC, yet? I'm curious as to whether the post-credit teaser was kept in those ports or not, and if so... what that might imply...
Also, if anybody was wondering, the Japanese physical release of the PS4 version has full English support! People seem to think it's only for the Asian release, but I switched my console language to English just to check, and everything from the opening cutscene subtitles to the menus and NPC dialogue in-game was all in English.
If you mean the NMH3 teaser(s) they were all in there.