• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
tyjedfgh79k4g.png

The new adventures of otaku assassin Travis Touchdown is resuming after a 10-year hiatus ! The first game to be directed by Suda51 himself since the first No More Heroes !

Suda hopes to make this game the start of a new beginning for Travis Touchdown, saying that TSA is the game he wanted to make in order to set up No More Heroes 3. A new origin story where Travis collects new powers and encounters new threats that will be needed to flesh out his next adventures. Travis is a superhero now ! The most villainous of all, but still a superhero !

And he looks the part too. Look how fine he looks now despite almost going on his forties !

No More Heroes 1, disgusting, clearly has no fashion sense:
tlk2e.jpg

Travis Strikes Again: dapper, looks stylish, probably would hang out with him
cd51e7c3e1b41ebb3671dyjkck.jpg

Some infos on how the game will be:

Some gameplay from Nintendo Minute:

It's all so exciting. Suda going back to the directorial role means that No More Heroes is in the best hands it could be. This means : bonker story, incredible music, tons of different visual styles, genre mash-ups (there's even a visual novel mode within the game !), references to pro-wrestling and gundam.

All of this for a budget price, and for 10-15 hours of playtime, and with the ability to play with a friend in co-op. And Shinobu and Bad Girl are going to be playable ! It even got the gold spot at Famitsu, and you know Grasshopper ain't got the money to write a check !

1547360260416c6j1x.jpg

This is it, people. This is the grand return of Travis. This is Suda unchained finally making games without being shackled by greedy publishers. Gotta support the passion, and gotta support the great games coming out

suda_0kker.gif

sschol

Oct 27, 2017
I can't wait, I haven't been this excited for a game to come out in a couple of years

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Really can't wait for this. The upcoming weekend is dedicated solely towards this game. I'm most excited to play through Life Is Destroy. I love the puzzle elements and Doppelgänger is the coolest looking villain showed off so far.

9Klh9Kk.gif

Also excited for the text adventure and everything outside the Death Drive games like playing with Jeane and just exploring Travis' trailer.

Travis-Strikes-Again-No-More-Heroes_2018_12-20-18_016.jpg

Bond

Oct 27, 2017
London, UK
It looks awesome but want to experience the original games before juming in. Nintendo should remaster them for the Switch.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
The fact that Kamui from The Silver Case shows up in this tells me that Suda is serious about TSA being a Kill the Past game. I'm really excited for this game's story.

Seriously can't wait to see Kamui and Travis interacting.

Toño

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Spain
I preordered the physical edition some weeks ago. The game and all the dlc for 35€ is a good deal.

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
It looks awesome but want to experience the original games before juming in. Nintendo should remaster them for the Switch.
NMH2 and Heroes' Paradise show that a series like this can work well with motion controls or a gamepad. Considering the Switch can do both without even changing controllers, I think it'd work pretty well!

I've always been a big fan of the waggle In NMH, if I'm being honest. It was never intrusive, only came up in finishing moves, and just felt good. Grappling a dude and slamming him headfirst into the ground with a backdrop by flicking the controllers upwards, bisecting a guy horizontally with a sideways swipe, all that stuff was great.

Also, tilting the controller up and down for low/high attacks was surprisingly intuitive.

UshioRulz

Nov 30, 2017
NMH1 is in my top 5 of my favourites games ever, getting this D1. Hope it reviews and sell well.

Toño

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Spain
NMH2 and Heroes' Paradise show that a series like this can work well with motion controls or a gamepad. Considering the Switch can do both without even changing controllers, I think it'd work pretty well!

I've always been a big fan of the waggle In NMH, if I'm being honest. It was never intrusive, only came up in finishing moves, and just felt good. Grappling a dude and slamming him headfirst into the ground with a backdrop by flicking the controllers upwards, bisecting a guy horizontally with a sideways swipe, all that stuff was great.

Also, tilting the controller up and down for low/high attacks was surprisingly intuitive.
I agree. Without the motion controls, I'm sure I would not have had the same amount of fun.

JayBee

Alt-account
Banned
Dec 6, 2018
I didn't follow this game too much but i'm at the beat up portion of the nintendo minute video and that's kind of selling me on the game. I haven't played a beat em up in a long time and it seems that this is only 1 out of 7 gameplay in this

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

The original No More Heroes was the perfect game for the Wiimote. Trying to play it with a move controller felt terrible in comparison

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I've only seen the first trailer and few bits here and there because I know it's a Suda 51 game I already know I will enjoy it on some level.

Deleted member 12555

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This isn't what I wanted out of NMH, and I'm not that excited, more curious than anything, really. I wonder if the game will be fun to play solo. The minigame structure should hopefully lend itself to lots of fun quirks and gameplay details. We'll see.

But there's no way that I wouldn't be supporting Grasshopper, Suda and a series I like, so I pre-ordered the CE.

Rakuyo

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
Already preloaded and I can't wait for Friday to dive in together with my fiance.
Does anybody know if the game is only playable with one joy con? Would like to use the pro controller.

Jul 24, 2018

The motion controls on the PS3 version was atrocious. There were so many problems with it I almost gave up the game, when I had to fight that indufferable magician boss.

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
The motion controls on the PS3 version was atrocious. There were so many problems with it I almost gave up the game, when I had to fight that indufferable magician boss.
I was referring mostly to the fact that NMH2 and Heroes' Paradise both use gamepad controls to a decent extent. NMH1 is the only game in the main series (to date) that requires you to use motion controls. In NMH2 and HP, you could opt for a classic controller or DS3.

Jul 24, 2018
I was referring mostly to the fact that NMH2 and Heroes' Paradise both use gamepad controls to a decent extent. NMH1 is the only game in the main series (to date) that requires you to use motion controls. In NMH2 and HP, you could opt for a classic controller or DS3.
Right and the Sixaxis controls were atrocious, they made some boss fights needlessly more difficult.

Oct 27, 2017
Peru
Love the series, the story and tone of the first one were great.

I have high hopes for this one (despite that I have a feeling that the gameplay won't be up to par).

Rodento

Dec 28, 2017
Weirdly excited for it, as I'm not sure I will like the base gameplay, but I want to get into the crazy ride that Grasshoper usually delivers.

It just feels good to get back to the No More Heroes universe and its wacky characters, moreso when you have an interesting concept as jumping between diferent genre videogames with its own rules and gimmicks.

Sadist

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Holland
Suda51 directed game? Day one.

Hype. If it's as crazy as the original and accompanied by a godlike soundtrack, awww yeah. Need to order my copy though. I think I've never bought three new releases in January before this year. (Vesperia, Travis Strikes Again and RE 2)

Marmoka

Oct 27, 2017
I've played NMH before and want to give this game a chance because of how insane it looks. Should i give it a try or better wait for the originals' remasters? In case they ever get released of course

OP
OP
Dreamboum

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
I've played NMH before and want to give this game a chance because of how insane it looks. Should i give it a try or better wait for the originals' remasters? In case they ever get released of course

TSA is a new start so you can play this one. If it sells well, I can see Marvelous giving the OK to remaster the previous two games

Plum

May 31, 2018
I can get the physical edition for just £5 more than the digital but I'm still not sure whether to pick it up. I don't have someone to play it with yet co-op seems to be a big selling point for the game.

I think I'm gonna just wait until reviews drop to see how it is.

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
I've barely seen footage of this game, but I'll be there day 1.

Suda is life. I'll never forget the joy of playing through NMH for the first time. What a goddamn weird game.