• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Lagamorph

Wrong About Chicken
Oct 26, 2017
I genuinely hope that the people who came up with and signed off on Case 008 of the second game are never allowed to work in game design ever again.

Trying to figure the puzzle but having to leave every 5 seconds to avoid an invincible instakill enemy isn't tense or exciting, it's just genuinely bad.

Last edited:

Ogodei

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coruscant
I genuinely hope that the people who came up with and signed off on Case 008 of the second game are never allowed to work in game design ever again.

Trying to figure the puzzle but having to leave every 5 seconds to avoid an invincible instakill enemy isn't tense or exciting, it's just genuinely bad.

I can agree with this. There's a right balance to games putting you under pressure and that was just dumb, especially since that skull-thing's turning radius was pretty mean for the long straightaways you were often fleeing down.

I don't think it was a bad idea but I agree the way they implemented it was junk.

cj_iwakura

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coral Springs, FL
Finally started the Steam version, and this girl's my hero.
EOjAulyWAAAjk-l

Dash Kappei

Nov 1, 2017
So this is on sale currently, what was the consensus on it?
Videos didn't look to hot and I admit I was a but disappointed when it was first revealed.

For context I love NMH1&2, Killer 7, arcade action games and highscore chasing in general (shmups/ Arcade compilations/retro/Hamster's ACA releases are my bread and butter

It just looked really generic and repetitive without seemingly having the depth and the 'easy to get into hard to master' that works so well for me in getting attached to arcade games.

Are there good impressions/video reviews out there that you feel do justince on the game?

cj_iwakura

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coral Springs, FL
So this is on sale currently, what was the consensus on it?
Videos didn't look to hot and I admit I was a but disappointed when it was first revealed.

For context I love NMH1&2, Killer 7, arcade action games and highscore chasing in general (shmups/ Arcade compilations/retro/Hamster's ACA releases are my bread and butter

It just looked really generic and repetitive without seemingly having the depth and the 'easy to get into hard to master' that works so well for me in getting attached to arcade games.

Are there good impressions/video reviews out there that you feel do justince on the game?
This is more about the story. Suda in full tilt crazy town mode.

vitacola

May 23, 2018
l.sn.de
I just got a Switch and started the game on the weekend.
I chose Travis to play with, because I have more "emotional" connections to him than to the Badman. So far I only chose his bike to progress in story.
Is there a significant difference between Travis' bike and the car "plot" or are they pretty much the same?

vitacola

May 23, 2018
l.sn.de
Ah, alright. Thank you for the answer.
So the best way to experience this, should be after beating the main plot with Travis' story?