• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 2791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's going to release on January 18th for 29.99€/29.99$/£ 24.99 on the eShop for the base game, and 39.99€/39.99$/£ 33.99 for the game + season pass. It's also releasing at retail for that price with the season pass included in both Europe and North America. The game is 5.6GB.

Season pass will include a brand new character for co-op play, a new world and more costumes. Suda51 announced a stream for next week to fully reveal the game.

Jonneh

Good Vibes Gaming
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
UK
£25 is a great price! I interviewed Suda quite recently and there's a lot more to see in this game, the stream should be fun!

Oct 27, 2017
Peru
Well, it doesn't really matter to me since I'm going physical but I'm surprised about the file size. Seems like a meaty game.

OP
OP

Deleted member 2791

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It is a 10-12h long fully 3D UE4 game after all. It's great that they're pricing it cheap enough for people to instant buy it.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
A brand new character for co-op play huh...

latest

Oct 25, 2017
30 bucks isn't bad, but it's a bit weird for the physical release to include the season pass and be the same price as both on the eshop ($40).
Imagine it's a mandate that the retail price is the same, or at least that publishers would want that, tho.

tulpa

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Man I love NMH and the aesthetic seems really cool but I'm super on the fence about this one? I don't know. The gameplay that they've showed off so far just isn't that impressive to me. I'm not convinced that I will enjoy it. Something just looks a bit off with the actual gameplay. Not the character design and look of the interface and menus and the rest, which is awesome, but... I don't know.

Rodjer

Self-requested ban.
Jan 28, 2018
30 eurobucks is really a good price

Suda51 gimme No More Heroes 3 next

Tsunamo

Oct 28, 2017
Glad they went with a good budget price. I was a bit reluctant if they went for something higher, but it makes it much easier to bite (especially with the season pass being included in retail)

Epilexia

Jan 27, 2018
Given that the physical version is distributed by Nintendo, I'm surprised to see that they already have two releases planned for January, this and 'New Super Mario Bros U Deluxe'.

Given than until March, they normally don't start to release the bigger names, now I'm intrigued with what they plan to release in February. Honestly, I was thinking that 'Travis Strikes Again' would be one of the February titles.

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ah, I see. That would probably make it much more difficult. Probably not able to get many companies to ship it directly I'm guessing.

Good luck!
no company has an official distributor here. we have to wait for importers to import the games (usually from UAE) and that takes a while. if you want to import one game on your own then you would have to pay A LOT more.

Given that the physical version is distributed by Nintendo, I'm surprised to see that they already have two releases planned for January, this and 'New Super Mario Bros U Deluxe'.

Given than until March, they normally don't start to release the bigger names, now I'm intrigued with what they plan to release in February. Honestly, I was thinking that 'Travis Strikes Again' would be one of the February titles.
i don't think TSA is part of nintendo's one-game-a-month plan for 2019.

Deleted member 3815

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not a bad price for a budget size game, just need to wait for the retail pre-order to go up in the UK.

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
So is there a traditional NMH control style, or does it all follow this kind of isometric arcade view?

Oct 25, 2017
I'm happy with both the price of the base game and season pass. Looking forward to the full reveal. Also, the tunes. Always the tunes.

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
no company has an official distributor here. we have to wait for importers to import the games (usually from UAE) and that takes a while. if you want to import one game on your own then you would have to pay A LOT more.
This is similar to my situation, except no stores seem to import any games anymore, and if they did, they would never bring in something like this (likely wouldn't know it exists). Either way, importing myself would actually be cheaper, but thank God digital is a thing.

MazKiller

Oct 27, 2017
Man the character art for this game is amazing. I really hope this sells enough to warrant a NMH 3.

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This is similar to my situation, except no stores seem to import any games anymore, and if they did, they would never bring in something like this (likely wouldn't know it exists). Either way, importing myself would actually be cheaper, but thank God digital is a thing.
yeah digital is great if i can't find a game, but i'm still a sucker for physical copies.
the stores here stopped importing games completely once hacking and piracy got big, i have to rely on online importers who just import a few copies of switch games when they bring 100 copies of the last big ps4 games.

Booga

Alt account
Banned
Sep 15, 2018
We can't publish until next month unfortunately but there's some interesting stuff in there
Ok cool. Well looking forward to it.
So is there a traditional NMH control style, or does it all follow this kind of isometric arcade view?
I think that only a small portion of the game is isometric, but I don't think that anything shown so far seems to look like traditional NMH gameplay. And I am not sure if we will have camera control in any part of the game. We will know more next week for sure.

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
There are a bunch of different games, not just that one. But we haven't seen all of them yet.
Ok cool. Well looking forward to it.

I think that only a small portion of the game is isometric, but I don't think that anything shown so far seems to look like traditional NMH gameplay. And I am not sure if we will have camera control in any part of the game. We will know more next week for sure.

Thanks for the info

Procheno

Alt Account
Banned
Nov 14, 2018
Really curious about the big blowout of info on this game! They've been showcasing the same section of that 1 game so I'm hoping what they've withheld for so long will be worth it

Drain You

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Connecticut
Day fucking one for the physical copy, even though I'm still not really sure if it will be my cup of tea. Been on media blackout for the most part since the first gameplay.

AkimbOb-omb

Oct 30, 2017
Physical day 1 for me. Great price, hopefully it will kick of my 2019 on Switch as good as Celeste did this year. I love me a neat little January gem!

Booga

Alt account
Banned
Sep 15, 2018
I can't see it on the Mexican eShop :(
It isn't on the American eshop yet either. Though with over a month before release, I feel like there is no great rush. Good to know it is finished exactly when they originally said it would be. it is funny how many folk thought it was going to be super delayed or vaporware because of how little was being shown. Not that you can blame them.