• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

sinonobu

Oct 25, 2017

Treasure tweeted out that after hearing fans' request of Ikaruga port on Switch, they purchased the stand from Daiso for 108yen to test out the vertical mode for Switch.

What's more fascinating about this is that posters of Ikaruga, Radiant Silvergun and Gun Star Heroes are reflected on Switch. Possibly hinting the port of these three games for Switch. (Credits to FantasyZone for finding this)

Earlier this year, Ikaruga was rated for PS4. Which might imply Treasure bringing their classic titles to modern platforms.

Snkfanatic

Oct 25, 2017
My Switch is becoming a Shmup collection device and I love it. While they are at it port over that Guardian Heroes XBLA version.

Ultima_5

Oct 25, 2017
I hope that at some point Nintendo looks into making a grip to play the switch in portable mode.

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
These are going to come out, they're going to sell well, and Treasure is going to get working on a new game for Switch (and other platforms). This I have foreseen.

Martin

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I suck at shmups but I really like Treasure! Going to buy it, if it is coming!

Golnei

Oct 25, 2017
tumblr_p089xooziL1uutnkko1_500.gif

mrfusticle

Oct 30, 2017
I remember contemplating putting my 28" cathode ray monster TV that weighed as much as a small car on it's side to play it on the Gamecube.
Regardless I will so get this again to get stuck on level 3 once more.

Dukie85

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Ikaruga on the go? Oh hell yes. I didn't know how much I needed/wanted this until just now. They could throw in Radiant Silvergun while they're at it.
Edit: Well, what do you know. It was already mentioned. Yep. I definitely need these in my life.

KingDrool

Oct 27, 2017
Oh man! This would be awesome news. Any of those three games on a portable system would be fantastic.

Dec 3, 2017
I feel like Treasure overestimates the demand for Ikaruga on certain platforms. I was under the impression that it tanked hard on Steam. Don't get why they're not pushing Guardian Heroes harder. They ported it to a modern language for the Xbox Live version, and it just seems like it has a wider appeal than a vertical shooter.

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
God is good.

I feel like Treasure overestimates the demand for Ikaruga on certain platforms. I was under the impression that it tanked hard on Steam. Don't get why they're not pushing Guardian Heroes harder. They ported it to a modern language for the Xbox Live version, and it just seems like it has a wider appeal than a vertical shooter.

I'd happily rebuy it. I think they know their business-end well enough to make their own decision based on feedback.

eXistor

Oct 27, 2017
Treasure, probably one of the better developers around, the amount of genres they nailed is astonishing. Gradius VI when?

V0ltg

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ikaruga and Radiant Silvergun would be fantastic. Good to see some signs of life from Treaure.
I really want Nintendo to assign Treasure to develop Sin and Punishment 3. Not sure if current Treasure would be capable, though.

HPH

Oct 25, 2017
I'm just super happy to see Treasure still alive. Please support their games!!! I don't want Treasure going the way of Irem and Sunsoft :((((

julian

Oct 27, 2017
Somebody really needs to make a controller designed to hold the Switch vertically. Just slide on and let's go!

GhostTrick

Oct 25, 2017

It didnt. It sold over 130k on Steam despite being discounted only a few times at 50%.
I'm surprised they havent released Radiant Silvergun and Guardian Heroes too.

Deleted member 7572

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There's a pretty healthy SHMUP market on the Switch. Stuff like Danmaku had a much higher debut on Switch. Zerodiv only intended to port a couple titles to gauge interest...then, well, look what happened.

Metalgus

Oct 27, 2017
I was just thinking of working a way to rotate my old HD TV for some vertical Ikaruga on Gamecube (haven't played in the last 10 years I think). Honestly, I'd rather rebuy on Switch I think. Interesting Tweet in any case.

hibikase

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I remember contemplating putting my 28" cathode ray monster TV that weighed as much as a small car on it's side to play it on the Gamecube.
Regardless I will so get this again to get stuck on level 3 once more.

I don't recommend it, CRTs aren't made to be turned on their sides, you might shorten its life.

rawhide

Oct 28, 2017

They don't own Guardian Heroes or most of the other games they made. Ikaruga is one of the few games they own outright and by far the most popular title they own.

Piston

Oct 25, 2017
How does the top fan not get blocked this way?

I've actually been wondering this lately, since we've slowly getting more shmups, what's the best way to stand up the Switch vertically?

It does get blocked in this setup. I think they could further create modifications that would resolve that issue though, people be crafty.

Zippedpinhead

Oct 25, 2017
Ikaruga and Radiant Silvergun! I love Ikaruga its so much fun, and would love to play it on the switch. Never played Radiant Silvergun but always heard great things.

The fact that I could play it vertically is just such an amazing bonus.

cireza

Nov 21, 2017
The quest to find a way to plug my Saturn controller (OG or USB) to the Switch continues...