• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

AquaWateria

Oct 25, 2017
Kanye got a lot of issues that he needs to confront. It doesn't help that his mental issues have had a huge influence on him. The guy really needs help. However, it does not excuse the things he has done.

Although Ghost Town ain't trash. It's literally the best song of 2018 so far imo. All of the album's Kanye has produced has been great.

TheFireman

Banned
Dec 22, 2017
Kanye's still very capable of making good stuff. Of the 5 albums he just released, his solo one was his worst one, and even that had some really good tracks. He just clearly needs other people to reel him in and hopefully help him sort out his mental issues, but he has so much money and influence that its hard for that to happen to him

LittleTokyo

Oct 30, 2017
I agree but I also think Kanye West and Trent Reznor are the same human. They both think they make incredible music and most of it is interesting but far below as revolutionary as some think their music is. Both are doing nothing to further music as a whole. They are pop musicians who somehow think their music rises above that, it doesn't.

ShutterMunster

Art Manager
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
I gotta check out those EPS.

I'm convinced that only new Kanye fans can like YE. The lyrical content and delivery is so beyond subpar for Kanye West. He sold y'all an album of demos.

Now that Teyana Taylor album...FIRE!

EDIT: Man, y'all really gonna make me defend Kanye at a time like this?

I agree but I also think Kanye West and Trent Reznor are the same human. They both think they make incredible music and most of it is interesting but far below as revolutionary as some think their music is. Both are doing nothing to further music as a whole. They are pop musicians who somehow think their music rises above that, it doesn't.

Kanye's music changed the entire landscape of hip-hop—what are you talking about?

NervousXtian

Oct 27, 2017
Ye is completely forgettable. The only good thing to come out of the 3 drops is Adam and Eve.

The rest is decent at best, out right shit at worst. Ye is just boring.

Deleted member 42055

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 12, 2018
I'm glad more people are realiing how meh Ye was, that OT was full of Stannish hyperbolic praise. Kids See Ghosts was great though

OutofMana

Oct 25, 2017
California
I'm glad more people are realiing how meh Ye was, that OT was full of Stannish hyperbolic praise. Kids See Ghosts was great though
The only good thing that came out of all those 7 song "albums" was the Pusha T joint. It also blessed us with that Drake and Pusha diss tracks. Aside from that, I agree with everything Trent said.

Disco

Oct 25, 2017
As somebody who has liked everything Kanye has released to varying degrees, I still found ye to be trash

Doesnt even have the interesting sample work and production that hes known for to prop any of it up either

You can tell he worked on it in like a couple weeks, half assed as shit. Would just like to forget most of this GOOD Music thing happened this year and that Kids See Ghosts was the Ye release of 2018

zychi

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Chicago
I love both of these artists, but Trent has lost his mind too. He hasnt released a good album since With Teeth imo. A few good songs here and there, but hes so far up Atticus Ross' ass they're making the same sounding music on every record now.
Kanye is at least changing up his style every album, even if Ye was meh.

Maybe focus on making an album, not 18 EPs and movie soundtracks?

Maybe focus on not making your fans stand in line overnignt to get decent priced tickets for your shows when we have fan clubs and the internet? Only to lie and put them online two weeks later.

Tldr; fuck off Trent

NervousXtian

Oct 27, 2017
There's 5 drops and I think he'a basically 4/5 if you didn't like Ye. Production all around is amazing, guy still makes good music

I keep forgetting Daytona was the first of these, it's legit good.

I think the production on all but Daytona and a few tracks here and there isn't all that great.

BTW, I love TLoP.

Haven't listened to the Teyana Taylor album yet either.

blame space

Resettlement Advisor
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
ye is good. Kanye has released or been involved with so much good music released in the past month.

reznor is old. he's still good, though. I think Atticus Ross brings out the best in him, musically.

blame space

Resettlement Advisor
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
this is the same dude who recorded TDS at the house where Sharon Tate was murdered. we've all lost our minds a few times.

blame space

Resettlement Advisor
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
apparently he didn't find that out until later which I find pretty interesting

just one of those things
Reznor searched for and moved to 10050 Cielo Drive in 1992 for recording Broken and The Downward Spiral,[8] a decision made against his initial choice to record the album in New Orleans.[9] 10050 Cielo Drive is referred to as the "Tate House" since Sharon Tate was murdered by members of the Manson Family in 1969; Reznor named the studio "Le Pig" after the message that was scrawled on the front door with Tate's blood by her murderers, and stayed there with Malm for 18 months. He called his first night in 10050 Cielo Drive "terrifying" because he already knew it and read books related to the incident.

Oct 27, 2017
Ye is Kanye's worst record. It's a half baked rushed ep with only one memorable track (Ghost Town) which was originally supposed to be on another album (Kids See Ghosts).