• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 27, 2017
Speaking to The Guardian about Kanye West's new album "ye", Reznor bemoaned the lack of serious writing about rock, saying: "How many Kanye West thinkpieces have The Guardian done in the last fucking month? The guy's lost his fucking mind: that's the thinkpiece. His record sucked, and that's it. He has made great shit; he's not in a great place right now."

Reznor also spoke about the state of the U.S., remarking: "It feels like things are coming unhinged, socially and culturally. The rise of Trumpism, of tribalism; the celebration of stupidity. I'm ashamed, on a world stage, at what we must look like as a culture... It doesn't feel like we've advanced. I think you're seeing the fall of the empire of America in real time, before your eyes."

Reznor, who is a recovering addict, said that NINE INCH NAILS' recent string of EPs was inspired by his past history. He explained: "I think I know who I am now, the chaos feels behind me, there's family life and stability. It was me daring myself to say: 'What if all that was bullshit? And what I really am is an addict in remission that can't wait to light a match to the whole thing?'"
http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/trent-reznor-says-kanye-west-has-lost-his-mind/

BackLogJoe

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I liked the new EPs.

I would have loved if he made a new album dealing with Trumpism.

Hell, I'd love any artist to make music dealing with Trumpism. Vietnam had a whole soundtrack to protest to.

AbbaZabba

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Good for Reznor on addressing his problems. Stark contrast to the Depp thread.

No lies detected.

Soj

Oct 27, 2017
He's just talking plain truth.

So of course the comment section is a hellscape.

Steb

Oct 27, 2017
Weren't they friends? Could've sworn I read somewhere that the Yeezus tour was influenced by NIN's stage performances.

Not sure they're actually friends but there'd definitely be some mutual respect between them artistically. I suspect most people will focus on the clickbait article (and thread) title without any consideration to the context:
"He has made great shit; he's not in a great place right now."

I really hope Kanye sorts his issues out and can get his life back on track. Reznor is actually a perfect example of a popular and successful artist doing exactly that.

RSTEIN

Nov 13, 2017
Trent recognizes Kanye is fragile and has entered a downward spiral. Hopefully this can be Kanye's year zero and from this point on he leaves his pretty hate machine behind.

thepenguin55

Oct 28, 2017
Is recovering addict the right term for someone that has been sober for 15+ years?

I was wondering that myself. I guess to some extent there's always a risk of relapsing but unless there's shit that hasn't been publicized Trent's been clean for a long enough time that calling him a recovering addict just sounds strange.

Nov 7, 2017
I liked the new EPs.

I would have loved if he made a new album dealing with Trumpism.

Hell, I'd love any artist to make music dealing with Trumpism. Vietnam had a whole soundtrack to protest to.
His stuff addresses Trumpism (the Idea of You comes to mind) without the stink of having to address him or refer to him directly. The last 3 EPs are dripping with dread and unease and references to the current insanity.

Oct 31, 2017
The celebration of stupid is exactly where we are right now.

We need more people to plainly speak the truth like this instead of playing games

cj_iwakura

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coral Springs, FL
The thing is, America's always had the alt-right fringe. Trump's brought it to the forefront and enabled it en masse.

The upside is, this may do so much damage to the GOP that they might never recover, and that might be worth it.

Tough call, though.

Stretch

Alt-Account
Banned
Jun 21, 2018
Is recovering addict the right term for someone that has been sober for 15+ years?

Of course it is. When you're an addict it doesn't just stop because you stopped using the substance. When you become an addict you will be an addict until the day you die. It is a nonstop struggle.

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
Ye is Kanye's worst album. I don't see how anyone who knows what he's capable of can take it seriously.

Grym

Oct 27, 2017
captain-obvious.jpg