• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Burt

Fight Sephiroth or end video games
Oct 28, 2017
BETTER THAN FFXV

duran my boy we did it

AllEchse

Oct 29, 2017
I played it gamescom yesterday (no line yay)
And I have to say the Switch version is quite a disappointment.
Performance is very inconsistent. Also felt like it had inputlag at times.
It was especially noticable because the PS4 version was right next to it and looked very smooth(have to try that version today).
Hope thats just because it was an early version.

Last edited:

Mory Dunz

Oct 25, 2017
nostalgia overload with the music. Heard that song 100s of times.
Wonder if it's orchestrated.

Duran's voice sounds good enough. (sounds kinda familiar...?)

Animations look kinda stilted.
But the combat in SOM and Sieken 3 was always janky as eff so....it's an improvement by default

Performance is very inconsistent. Aldo felt like it had inputlag at times.
It was especially noticable because the PS4 version was right next to it and looked very smooth(have to try that version today).
well, PS4 it is.

Velezcora

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 16, 2017
I hope this sells well enough to warrant a brand new Mana game of this quality. The series has been dead for so long.

noyram23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Game looks like something that Switch can handle, I guess Switch is just too weak and huge gap with PS4 so it's showing right now during the unoptimized (hopefully) demo

AllEchse

Oct 29, 2017
Game looks like something that Switch can handle, I guess Switch is just too weak and huge gap with PS4 so it's showing right now during the unoptimized (hopefully) demo
I have to say visually it doesnt seem paired back, it's just the performance.
Also ypu have to keepin mind, I only played Handheld mode.

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017

Disappointing to hear but not unexpected. Do you know if it's Unreal Engine 4? Hopefully it's fixed by release.

noyram23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I have to say visually it doesnt seem paired back, it's just the performance.
Also ypu have to keepin mind, I only played Handheld mode.
That's why, something's gonna give when it comes to Switch due to weak specs. I do hope they prioritize performance, are they both aiming for 30? This game looks like can hit 60 on PS4 (or Pro at least)

To be fair i'll be playing 100% handheld too when it comes to Switch

Mory Dunz

Oct 25, 2017
mid battle dialogue is interesting.
You can have any assortment of characters for the bosses.
And you can see them responding to each other. (Lise to Duran)

I wonder how that works. I assume X player always asks X question, but does it in X,Y,Z way. Then Character A always responds, but does it in A,B,C way depending on who it is. The writing has to be clever for that to work for a combination of 6 characters though...you can't say anything too specific.

Sam Riegel?

Well, the gameplay sold me on the game, grunts in combat are a bit annoying but oooh god the remixes <3
not super familiar with him, but looked up a youtube clip and can definitely see it. Kyle Hebert is probably wrong.

yeah the voices are too much.
It just takes a simple variable. Play sound 1/5, 1/8 of time when battle ends or whatever. Not every dang time.

Negator

Oct 25, 2017
Wow this looks great! And the music is really faithful while being upgraded to modern standards.

Delio

Oct 25, 2017

I hope they fix this. With the push Nintendo is giving it it would be a shame if the performance is ass. Tho maybe i wont notice it anyways.

OP
OP

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
the mid-battle VA is surely gonna get annoying. i hope there's an option to turn it off.

Last edited:

Hadok

Feb 14, 2018

it's a 2020 release right?
also i think it's an Unreal Engine 4 game,so it will probably need some fixes.

CGiRanger

Oct 25, 2017
Sucks that it is Unreal 4. Clearly it's an engine that takes a lot of work to get performant on the switch. I guess DQXI seems to have done a reasonable job, so you'd think SquareEnix would share those techniques amongst their Switch devs using that engine.

crazillo

Apr 5, 2018
I recently played Trials of Mana on Switch and can say I'm really happy to see this game get the full remake treatment. At the same time, I'm quite disappointed (and surprised) they didn't do so with Secret of Mana and, as it has a nostalgic fanbase in the west. Instead they opted to go for that lackluster remake.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
The year is 2019, and we are getting a proper Seiken Densentsu 3 remake in HD, after 2 mediocre mobile remakes. I still cannot believe it, god bless the madman at Square Enix who made it possible. It looks great, and seeing the Crab Boss in 3D is excellent, they translated his attack pattetns very well for a 3D environment. Cannot wait to see what theu do for the later bosses.

batfax

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Jeez, Duran's voice is SUPER off from what I had in my head from way back when I first played. Guess that was a given to happen, but I still didn't expect it.

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
Voiceovers are annoying AF. Looks good though... Biggest complaint about SD3 is there's virtually no gameplay, you can just hold down A for anything other than boss battles. Seems you actually, uh, play it this time

Valcrist

Tic-Tac-Toe Champion
Oct 25, 2017
lol people who play japanese games but aren't used to mid battle VA.

Try playing a Tales game, I dare you.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
Those beginning and mid-combat barks are going to get annoying fast. Looks good otherwise.

Png

ThreepQuest64

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Germany
Combat effects look awesome and satisfying. Maybe I finally get to finish this game. Played the SNES version many years ago, did a long break and was lost; didn't know where to go, how to proceed, got stuck and dropped it. Looking forward to a fresh start!

Oct 27, 2017
Is it too much to hope for that they go back and re-remake Secret of Mana in a couple of years? I'll take a Seiken 5 next but this is much closer to what I thought an SoM remake was going to be.